Nov 7, 2012, 6:23 PM EDT
College hoops starts on Friday, which can only mean one thing: it’s time for players to start transferring!
Earlier today, we told you about Ty Johnson leaving Villanova. But he’s not the only east coast guard looking to move on; Boston College lost 5-foot-8 point guard Jordan Daniels.
Daniels started 25 games as a freshman for the Eagles last season, averaging 6.4 points and 2.6 assists.
But Steve Donahue added freshmen Oliver Hanlon and Joe Rahon this offseason, which likely would have pushed Daniels into a reserve role this year.
Daniels is from California, and according to Jon Rothstein, he’ll be looking to transfer back to the West Coast.
There were 440 transfers last season. With Johnson and Daniels thrown into the mix, we’re already at five transfers this season, including Chrishawn Hopkins (Butler), Maurice Jones (USC) and Cody Larson (Florida).
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 3
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 1
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft 8
- Bobby Portis announces that he is turning pro 0
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)