Nov 7, 2012, 6:23 PM EST
College hoops starts on Friday, which can only mean one thing: it’s time for players to start transferring!
Earlier today, we told you about Ty Johnson leaving Villanova. But he’s not the only east coast guard looking to move on; Boston College lost 5-foot-8 point guard Jordan Daniels.
Daniels started 25 games as a freshman for the Eagles last season, averaging 6.4 points and 2.6 assists.
But Steve Donahue added freshmen Oliver Hanlon and Joe Rahon this offseason, which likely would have pushed Daniels into a reserve role this year.
Daniels is from California, and according to Jon Rothstein, he’ll be looking to transfer back to the West Coast.
There were 440 transfers last season. With Johnson and Daniels thrown into the mix, we’re already at five transfers this season, including Chrishawn Hopkins (Butler), Maurice Jones (USC) and Cody Larson (Florida).
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 8
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 14
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (14)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)