Nov 7, 2012, 6:23 PM EDT
College hoops starts on Friday, which can only mean one thing: it’s time for players to start transferring!
Earlier today, we told you about Ty Johnson leaving Villanova. But he’s not the only east coast guard looking to move on; Boston College lost 5-foot-8 point guard Jordan Daniels.
Daniels started 25 games as a freshman for the Eagles last season, averaging 6.4 points and 2.6 assists.
But Steve Donahue added freshmen Oliver Hanlon and Joe Rahon this offseason, which likely would have pushed Daniels into a reserve role this year.
Daniels is from California, and according to Jon Rothstein, he’ll be looking to transfer back to the West Coast.
There were 440 transfers last season. With Johnson and Daniels thrown into the mix, we’re already at five transfers this season, including Chrishawn Hopkins (Butler), Maurice Jones (USC) and Cody Larson (Florida).
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- July Live Period Preview: The events to keep an eye on in Vegas this week 0
- Contender for No. 1 in 2016 class, Harry Giles, cuts list to five 10
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- Maryland fans still hate Mike Krzyzewski (8)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Are college teams going to be available on NBA 2K? (3)