Nov 7, 2012, 6:23 PM EDT
College hoops starts on Friday, which can only mean one thing: it’s time for players to start transferring!
Earlier today, we told you about Ty Johnson leaving Villanova. But he’s not the only east coast guard looking to move on; Boston College lost 5-foot-8 point guard Jordan Daniels.
Daniels started 25 games as a freshman for the Eagles last season, averaging 6.4 points and 2.6 assists.
But Steve Donahue added freshmen Oliver Hanlon and Joe Rahon this offseason, which likely would have pushed Daniels into a reserve role this year.
Daniels is from California, and according to Jon Rothstein, he’ll be looking to transfer back to the West Coast.
There were 440 transfers last season. With Johnson and Daniels thrown into the mix, we’re already at five transfers this season, including Chrishawn Hopkins (Butler), Maurice Jones (USC) and Cody Larson (Florida).
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)