Nov 7, 2012, 6:23 PM EDT
College hoops starts on Friday, which can only mean one thing: it’s time for players to start transferring!
Earlier today, we told you about Ty Johnson leaving Villanova. But he’s not the only east coast guard looking to move on; Boston College lost 5-foot-8 point guard Jordan Daniels.
Daniels started 25 games as a freshman for the Eagles last season, averaging 6.4 points and 2.6 assists.
But Steve Donahue added freshmen Oliver Hanlon and Joe Rahon this offseason, which likely would have pushed Daniels into a reserve role this year.
Daniels is from California, and according to Jon Rothstein, he’ll be looking to transfer back to the West Coast.
There were 440 transfers last season. With Johnson and Daniels thrown into the mix, we’re already at five transfers this season, including Chrishawn Hopkins (Butler), Maurice Jones (USC) and Cody Larson (Florida).
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Bill Self impresses South Korean students with jumper (VIDEO) (3)
- Michigan basketball will change to Jordan Brand from adidas as school announces new Nike deal (3)
- Senior mixtape of 7-foot-6 UCF incoming freshman Tacko Fall (VIDEO) (2)
- Rick Barnes finally addresses accusations against Texas (2)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)