Nov 7, 2012, 8:33 PM EST
Missouri will once again be without Michael Dixon on Saturday when they open up their season against SIU-Edwardsville.
Dixon was suspended indefinitely from the team a couple of weeks ago and missed both of the team’s exhibitions. According to this report from the KC Star, Dixon returned to practice last week after missing time, but he still has some work to do to clear up some off-the-court issues.
“He still needs some time to clear up some stuff off the court,” head coach Frank Haith said. “We still love him and support him but we’re excited about the guys we have that are available to play this weekend.”
It’s unclear just how long the suspension is going to last, but Dixon would be a major loss for the Tigers if it is for an extended period of time. His ability to play as a combo-guard alongside Phil Pressey — and the fact that’s he’s a tenacious on-the-ball defender — is part of the reason that I am so high on the Tigers heading into the season.
Missouri won’t play a game that they really need Dixon until November 22nd, when they head to the Bahamas for the Battle 4 Atlantis.
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 1
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)