Nov 8, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Real, live college basketball games start on Friday, and with all of our glorious preseason content finally finished, this week we will be providing you with water cooler fodder as we roll through a series of Burning Question. You can read them all right here.
Who is the best team in The Triangle?
- (Raphielle Johnson): They have the best point guard of the three and it’s not even that close, as Lorenzo Brown is one of the best in the country. Richard Howell and C.J. Leslie will lead the way inside while Scott Wood is a very good shooter on the wing. Add in those three freshmen and the Wolfpack are poised to grab some attention for themselves.
- (Eric Angevine): Again, here are three teams that are legit contenders for a league crown as well as a lengthy post-season run. Again I’ll choose the team that I feel has the best leadership at the point. That’s Lorenzo Brown and the N.C. State Wolfpack. He’s surrounded with talent, which means his ability to score is a luxury to be exploited at crucial points in the game, rather than his primary responsibility. He’s got loads of guys to pass it to, and that is what gives his team the edge – he can do it himself, or dish to someone else who can.
- (Daniel Martin): Rodney Purvis being cleared by the NCAA was a major boost to the 2012-13 team. As a slasher, he will work well with point guard Lorenzo Brown in the backcourt. The Wolfpack added to their front line by nabbing T.J. Warren and it can only help to retain C.J. Leslie and Richard Howell.
- (Rob Dauster): Three things need to happen for Duke to become the best team in the ACC: 1) Quinn Cook needs to be great as a leader and as a creator off the dribble. 2) Rasheed Sulaimon has to develop into a lock-down defender on the perimeter and a guy that can put the ball on the floor and score at the rim. 3) Mason Plumlee needs to be more than just a good big man with loads of potential; he needs to be the best center in the ACC. If all three of those things happen, Duke has enough talent and experience to make a run this year.
- (David Harten): Forgive me if I don’t give-in to North Carolina State, the team with the second-year head coach that had the good fortune to surprise everyone last season because no one thought they were a contender in the ACC. I just trust Roy Williams more than them. Dexter Strickland returns from injury and guys like Reggie Bullock and James Michael McAdoo were groomed behind NBA Lottery picks like John Henson and Harrison Barnes. I have more faith in development than I do in one-year wonders. N.C. State has the talent. But not the proven talent. Not yet, at least.
May 29, 2015, 5:30 PM EDT
Duke is getting another Parade National Player of the Year.
May 29, 2015, 4:03 PM EDT
With Fred Hoiberg being tabbed the frontrunner for the Bulls job, Hornacek’s name has come up as a possible replacement in Ames.
May 29, 2015, 2:44 PM EDT
Jones will undergo surgery June 1 in Baltimore.
May 29, 2015, 2:01 PM EDT
The last time these two teams met at a neutral site was back in 1992.
May 29, 2015, 12:54 PM EDT
Kansas also has plans to host former Providence center Paschal Chukwu in early June.
May 29, 2015, 9:36 AM EDT
Dai-Jon Parker played this past season at the University of Indianapolis.
May 28, 2015, 9:02 PM EDT
Fred Hoiberg’s status has impacted recruiting in multiple cases for Iowa State this spring.
May 28, 2015, 7:43 PM EDT
Big 12 tournaments held at the Sprint Center have averaged more than 18,000 fans per session.
May 28, 2015, 6:41 PM EDT
Each team will have three “permanent” opponents they’re guaranteed to play twice every season.
May 28, 2015, 5:46 PM EDT
Video surfaced showing that Alie-Cox wasn’t involved in the incident, contradicting a woman’s claim that he punched her in the face.
May 28, 2015, 4:04 PM EDT
UConn’s now added three transfers to the program this spring, two of whom will be eligible immediately as graduate students.
May 28, 2015, 3:24 PM EDT
Foster led Clemson to their only Elite 8 appearance in program history.
May 28, 2015, 2:07 PM EDT
Paige went to high school an hour from UNI’s campus.
May 28, 2015, 1:15 PM EDT
Iowa State fans shouldn’t freak out too much.
May 28, 2015, 12:24 PM EDT
Dellavedova was a star with the Gaels before he became this year’s NBA Playoff star.
May 28, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
Byers created the term “student-athlete” and first sold TV rights for NCAA broadcasts, but later wrote a book blasting the NCAA for exploiting athletes.
May 28, 2015, 9:52 AM EDT
This is a step in the right direction by the Big 12.
May 27, 2015, 11:27 PM EDT
It’s safe to say that Sherman is no fan of the NCAA.
May 27, 2015, 9:05 PM EDT
The shot clock won’t have as much of an impact on offenses as lessening the physicality of the game.
May 27, 2015, 7:31 PM EDT
The 6-foot-11 center was originally expected to attend prep school before joining Memphis in 2016.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 40
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (43)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)