Nov 9, 2012, 7:05 PM EDT
The early signing period begins next Wednesday and runs until Nov. 21.
It appears that the nation’s top recruit, Huntington Prep (W.Va.) small forward Andrew Wiggins, will not make any earth-shattering announcements before Thanksgiving. His coach, Rob Fulford, told Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv that the 6-foot-7 Wiggins will likely sign in the late period, which takes place Apr. 17-May 15.
“He’s concentrating on the season right now and he’s not even thinking about it,” Fulford told Zagoria on Thursday afternoon. “He has not communicated anything about recruiting so I can’t imagine he’s going to do anything in the next week because he’s not visiting anywhere this weekend.”
The decision is not surprising considering Wiggins had recently reclassified to the Class of 2013, another decision which was also not shocking.
The consensus No. 1 player in high school basketball has offers from Florida State, Kansas, North Carolina, Syracuse, Ohio State, and Kentucky.
The Wildcats and Seminoles appear to be the favorites for the Canadian’s commitment. Florida State is where his father, Mitchell played and head coach Leonard Hamilton has already secured a commitment from Wiggins’ Huntington Prep teammate and close friend Xavier Rathan-Mayes.
Kentucky can never be ruled out, even if John Calipari has already landed James Young, one of the nation’s top wings, to play alongside Andrew and Aaron Harrison. Fulford told Zagoria that roster issues like that won’t alter his decision.
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 1
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 0
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 0
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 4
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)