Nov 9, 2012, 7:05 PM EDT
The early signing period begins next Wednesday and runs until Nov. 21.
It appears that the nation’s top recruit, Huntington Prep (W.Va.) small forward Andrew Wiggins, will not make any earth-shattering announcements before Thanksgiving. His coach, Rob Fulford, told Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv that the 6-foot-7 Wiggins will likely sign in the late period, which takes place Apr. 17-May 15.
“He’s concentrating on the season right now and he’s not even thinking about it,” Fulford told Zagoria on Thursday afternoon. “He has not communicated anything about recruiting so I can’t imagine he’s going to do anything in the next week because he’s not visiting anywhere this weekend.”
The decision is not surprising considering Wiggins had recently reclassified to the Class of 2013, another decision which was also not shocking.
The consensus No. 1 player in high school basketball has offers from Florida State, Kansas, North Carolina, Syracuse, Ohio State, and Kentucky.
The Wildcats and Seminoles appear to be the favorites for the Canadian’s commitment. Florida State is where his father, Mitchell played and head coach Leonard Hamilton has already secured a commitment from Wiggins’ Huntington Prep teammate and close friend Xavier Rathan-Mayes.
Kentucky can never be ruled out, even if John Calipari has already landed James Young, one of the nation’s top wings, to play alongside Andrew and Aaron Harrison. Fulford told Zagoria that roster issues like that won’t alter his decision.
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 0
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 2
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 23
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (86)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (23)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)