Nov 9, 2012, 7:05 PM EDT
The early signing period begins next Wednesday and runs until Nov. 21.
It appears that the nation’s top recruit, Huntington Prep (W.Va.) small forward Andrew Wiggins, will not make any earth-shattering announcements before Thanksgiving. His coach, Rob Fulford, told Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv that the 6-foot-7 Wiggins will likely sign in the late period, which takes place Apr. 17-May 15.
“He’s concentrating on the season right now and he’s not even thinking about it,” Fulford told Zagoria on Thursday afternoon. “He has not communicated anything about recruiting so I can’t imagine he’s going to do anything in the next week because he’s not visiting anywhere this weekend.”
The decision is not surprising considering Wiggins had recently reclassified to the Class of 2013, another decision which was also not shocking.
The consensus No. 1 player in high school basketball has offers from Florida State, Kansas, North Carolina, Syracuse, Ohio State, and Kentucky.
The Wildcats and Seminoles appear to be the favorites for the Canadian’s commitment. Florida State is where his father, Mitchell played and head coach Leonard Hamilton has already secured a commitment from Wiggins’ Huntington Prep teammate and close friend Xavier Rathan-Mayes.
Kentucky can never be ruled out, even if John Calipari has already landed James Young, one of the nation’s top wings, to play alongside Andrew and Aaron Harrison. Fulford told Zagoria that roster issues like that won’t alter his decision.
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)
- Blue Ribbon releases their Preseason First Team All-Americans (1)