Condensation strikes again, Navy-Marine Corps Classic between Georgetown and Florida called at halftime
Nov 9, 2012, 11:05 PM EDT
Condensation spoiled the party before it got started in South Carolina between Marquette and Ohio State, and those pesky water droplets struck again in Florida, keeping Florida and Georgetown from playing past halftime in Jacksonville.
With Florida leading 27-23 at halftime, players were unable to return to the floor as maintenance crews were hard at work trying to dry condensation that was accumulating on the surface of the court aboard the USS Bataan.
Much like the problems encountered earlier in the night on the USS Yorktown, which hosted Marquette and Ohio State, the water droplets were returning almost as quickly as crews could wipe them away, rendering the court unsafe.
Unlike the Carrier Classic in South Carolina, though, we did get 20 minutes of basketball, a half that saw an effective Florida zone that forced Georgetown toward the perimeter.
The Hoyas shot just 3-of-14 from three-point range in the half, likely affected by a combination of outdoor conditions and effective Gator defense. Otto Porter and Nate Lubick each had seven points.
For Florida, the inside combination of Will Yeguete, Erik Murphy, and Patric Young helped the offense in the first half. Yeguete finished with eight points. Murphy chipped in seven and added two rebounds.
It is unclear at this time whether the game will be continued at a later date or counted as a Florida win, despite only playing one half. As of publication, Georgetown and Florida were contacting the NCAA in efforts to obtain a ruling.
Coverage from the NBC Sports Network below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos! This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos! This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos! This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Jul 7, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
The junior point guard is one of several banged up Jayhawks.
Jul 7, 2015, 9:06 PM EDT
Eron Harris averaged 17.2 points per game for West Virginia in the 2013-14 season.
Jul 7, 2015, 8:17 PM EDT
Jalen Brunson, Harry Giles, Jayson Tatum, Tyler Dorsey and Terrance Ferguson were included in the top plays.
Jul 7, 2015, 6:52 PM EDT
Mike Davis has one of the most entertaining players joining the program.
Jul 7, 2015, 5:16 PM EDT
Memphis loses its top scorer.
Jul 7, 2015, 4:21 PM EDT
The No. 1 player from 2010 turned into one of the biggest busts in recent memory.
Jul 7, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
See, he’s just a creepy fanboy like the rest of us!
Jul 7, 2015, 12:18 PM EDT
Michigan State will be hosting Florida, with a return game in Gainesville in two years.
Jul 7, 2015, 11:16 AM EDT
The Jayhawks … err, Americans … are now 3-0 in the event.
Jul 7, 2015, 8:50 AM EDT
Read through my column on Georges Niang and Iowa State.
Jul 6, 2015, 10:47 PM EDT
Four-star point guard Payton Pritchard is going to explore his options heading into the July live evaluation period.
Jul 6, 2015, 10:25 PM EDT
Northwestern continues to get good local pick-ups in the 2016 class.
Jul 6, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
La Salle is losing an experienced guard to transfer.
Jul 6, 2015, 7:15 PM EDT
One of Tennessee’s only options at point guard is enrolling closer to the school year.
Jul 6, 2015, 5:45 PM EDT
One of the better shooting guards in the country is focused on 10 schools.
Jul 6, 2015, 4:30 PM EDT
Michigan is going with the Jumpman under its new apparel agreement.
Jul 6, 2015, 2:48 PM EDT
Kentucky had led the nation in average attendance for eight straight years.
Jul 6, 2015, 1:32 PM EDT
The top three in this group is debatable.
Jul 6, 2015, 12:53 PM EDT
Jonathan Isaac is loaded with potential.
Jul 6, 2015, 11:23 AM EDT
The front of the jersey said Kansas before.
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2010? 0
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Michigan basketball will change to Jordan Brand from adidas as school announces new Nike deal (3)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)
- Alabama self-reported 13 minor violations last academic year, including one for men’s basketball (2)
- Austin Nichols looking to transfer from Memphis (2)
- Star Kansas freshman Carlton Bragg injured on trip to South Korea (1)