Nov 9, 2012, 3:42 PM EDT
Chris, Butler hardly knew ‘ye.
Freshman Chris Harrison-Docks is leaving the Butler program just one day before the Bulldogs open their season against Elon.
“Chris notified us of his intention to transfer from Butler,” Butler coach Brad Stevens said in a release. “Certainly, I’m disappointed, but I want to thank him for his effort the last couple of months and wish him nothing but the best from the entire Butler basketball program.”
Harrison-Docks is a Michigan native who played sparingly in Butler’s two exhibition games. He scored two points in the Bulldogs’ win over Indianapolis on Nov. 3, coming on two free throws.
“I believe that another school would better compliment me both personally and athletically,” Harrison-Docks said in the release. “I want to thank everyone who has supported me during my time here at Butler and may find disappointment in my decision. I wish my teammates and coaches the best of luck.”
During his senior season at Okemos High School (Mich.), Harrison-Docks averaged 23 points, seven assists, six rebounds, and 3.5 steal per game. He was selected All-State first team three times.
In September, Butler lost another piece of its backcourt when Chrishawn Hopkins was dismissed from the team.
Butler tips off against Elon in the EA Sports Maui Invitational at 2 p.m. Saturday.
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)