Nov 9, 2012, 3:42 PM EDT
Chris, Butler hardly knew ‘ye.
Freshman Chris Harrison-Docks is leaving the Butler program just one day before the Bulldogs open their season against Elon.
“Chris notified us of his intention to transfer from Butler,” Butler coach Brad Stevens said in a release. “Certainly, I’m disappointed, but I want to thank him for his effort the last couple of months and wish him nothing but the best from the entire Butler basketball program.”
Harrison-Docks is a Michigan native who played sparingly in Butler’s two exhibition games. He scored two points in the Bulldogs’ win over Indianapolis on Nov. 3, coming on two free throws.
“I believe that another school would better compliment me both personally and athletically,” Harrison-Docks said in the release. “I want to thank everyone who has supported me during my time here at Butler and may find disappointment in my decision. I wish my teammates and coaches the best of luck.”
During his senior season at Okemos High School (Mich.), Harrison-Docks averaged 23 points, seven assists, six rebounds, and 3.5 steal per game. He was selected All-State first team three times.
In September, Butler lost another piece of its backcourt when Chrishawn Hopkins was dismissed from the team.
Butler tips off against Elon in the EA Sports Maui Invitational at 2 p.m. Saturday.
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 6
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)