Nov 10, 2012, 11:21 AM EDT
Natalie Achonwa scored 17 points and added 10 rebounds for No. 7 Notre Dame in a 57-51 over No. 19 Ohio State in the 2012 Carrier Classic in Mt. Pleasant, S.C., Friday night.
Skylar Diggins added 11 points and three assists for the Irish, who are coming off a run to the national championship game last season.
The game was the first of two at the 2012 Carrier Classic, which features No. 4 Ohio State and Marquette in the night cap.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 6
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)