Nov 10, 2012, 11:21 AM EDT
Natalie Achonwa scored 17 points and added 10 rebounds for No. 7 Notre Dame in a 57-51 over No. 19 Ohio State in the 2012 Carrier Classic in Mt. Pleasant, S.C., Friday night.
Skylar Diggins added 11 points and three assists for the Irish, who are coming off a run to the national championship game last season.
The game was the first of two at the 2012 Carrier Classic, which features No. 4 Ohio State and Marquette in the night cap.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ (1)
- Seton Hall to give scholarship basketball players $2,600 towards cost of attendance (1)
- Indiana president none too pleased with recent legal issues involving student-athletes (1)