Nov 10, 2012, 11:21 AM EDT
Natalie Achonwa scored 17 points and added 10 rebounds for No. 7 Notre Dame in a 57-51 over No. 19 Ohio State in the 2012 Carrier Classic in Mt. Pleasant, S.C., Friday night.
Skylar Diggins added 11 points and three assists for the Irish, who are coming off a run to the national championship game last season.
The game was the first of two at the 2012 Carrier Classic, which features No. 4 Ohio State and Marquette in the night cap.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 0
- No. 1 Duke advances to Elite 8 with win over No. 5 Utah 1
- No. 2 Gonzaga gets past No. 11 UCLA to advance to Elite 8 1
- Sources: Rick Barnes not expected to return to Texas 6
- Steve Lavin and St. John’s ‘mutually agree’ to part ways 1
- No. 2 Arizona pulls away from No. 6 Xavier, setting up West regional final rematch 0
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 17
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Three ACC, two Big Ten teams in Elite Eight (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- NCAA’s Mark Emmert calls Indiana’s religious freedom bill ‘especially concerning’ (20)