Nov 10, 2012, 11:21 AM EDT
Natalie Achonwa scored 17 points and added 10 rebounds for No. 7 Notre Dame in a 57-51 over No. 19 Ohio State in the 2012 Carrier Classic in Mt. Pleasant, S.C., Friday night.
Skylar Diggins added 11 points and three assists for the Irish, who are coming off a run to the national championship game last season.
The game was the first of two at the 2012 Carrier Classic, which features No. 4 Ohio State and Marquette in the night cap.
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 0
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 2
- The bond between Rick Byrd and Casey Alexander crosses rivalry lines 1
- How did Bill Self learn about Andrew Wiggins’ commitment? Twitter 0
- PBT: LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games