Nov 11, 2012, 11:01 AM EDT
When head coach Tim Miles bolted to take the same position at Nebraska this offseason, Colorado State was left searching. The search lasted less than a month, and the Rams found their man.
Larry Eustachy, most recently the head coach at Southern Miss and previously at Iowa State, officially stepped in to take Miles’ spot in April, thus beginning a new era in Colorado Springs.
In his first game on the sidelines Saturday night, Eustachy helped the Rams overcome a seven-point halftime deficit to defeat Montana, 72-65.
“It was a great win under the circumstances with Montana,” said Eustachy after the game. “They have a real system going and we have a new coach coming in here with new players trying to blend in with the old and I just thought that was a great opponent. ”
Colton Iverson, the now-eligible transfer from Minnesota making his debut for Colorado State, led the way with 18 points and eight rebounds. The Rams otherwise had a balanced scoring attack, with five players reaching double figures.
Eustachy and the Rams were chosen to finish fourth in the Mountain Preseason Coaches’ Poll, behind San Diego State, UNLV, and New Mexico.
They return to the court Thursday night against Chadron State.
Mar 27, 2015, 1:31 PM EDT
Prohm was one of the hottest names on the coaching carousel.
Mar 27, 2015, 1:15 PM EDT
Nigel Hayes has become a national sensation this tournament.
Mar 27, 2015, 12:43 PM EDT
Two transfers in one week is not a good thing.
Mar 27, 2015, 11:20 AM EDT
It’s pretty cool to see this process in action.
Mar 27, 2015, 10:31 AM EDT
Forbes spent two years as an assistant at Wichita State.
Mar 27, 2015, 9:08 AM EDT
Tennessee has parted ways with head coach Donnie Tyndall after only one season.
Tourney Snacks: Kentucky, Notre Dame win in Midwest; Arizona, Wisconsin advance to set up Elite Eight rematch
Mar 27, 2015, 1:45 AM EDT
The Elite Eight will feature a rematch in the West Regional between Arizona and Wisconsin and Kentucky battling Notre Dame in the Midwest Regional.
Mar 27, 2015, 1:00 AM EDT
Kentucky’s win also means that the Big 12 is down to one team: Oklahoma.
Mar 27, 2015, 12:59 AM EDT
Arizona played slightly better on both ends of the floor in the second half, and they’ll take on No. 1 Wisconsin as a result.
Mar 27, 2015, 12:48 AM EDT
If you are going to talk, you better be able to back it up
Mar 27, 2015, 12:19 AM EDT
The schedule for Saturday has been released.
Mar 27, 2015, 12:11 AM EDT
Jalen Reynolds dunks everything he gets his hands on, it seems.
Mar 27, 2015, 12:06 AM EDT
No. 1 Kentucky looked completely dominant in an easy win over No. 5 West Virginia.
Mar 27, 2015, 12:03 AM EDT
This is nasty.
Mar 26, 2015, 9:59 PM EDT
After Dekker scored 15 points in the first half, Kaminksy scored 15 in the second half for the Badgers.
Mar 26, 2015, 9:24 PM EDT
It’s Notre Dame’s first Elite 8 since 1979.
Mar 26, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
New Mexico is losing a wing.
Mar 26, 2015, 6:20 PM EDT
Dukes averaged 2.1 points in 7.2 minutes of action per game.
Mar 26, 2015, 5:35 PM EDT
Josh Jackson, the No. 1 player in the Class of 2016, is down to nine schools.
Mar 26, 2015, 4:24 PM EDT
Adam Smith averaged a team-high 13.4 points per game as a redshirt junior.
- No. 2 Arizona pulls away from No. 6 Xavier, setting up West regional final rematch 0
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 17
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 11
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Ranking the Sweet 16 matchups 8
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close 36
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Updated tournament records: Kentucky moves SEC above .500 (23)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- Reports: Indiana coach Tom Crean said ‘you suck’ to referee after loss to Wichita State (19)
- NCAA’s Mark Emmert calls Indiana’s religious freedom bill ‘especially concerning’ (18)