Nov 11, 2012, 1:11 AM EST
Cody Zeller and top-ranked Indiana breezed past Bryant 97-54 on Friday night.
For Tom Crean, that was one of two wins on the weekend, as IU landed a commitment from 2013 forward Noah Vonleh (New Hampton Prep/Haverhill, MA), who was on campus this weekend on an official visit.
The news was broke by ESPN late Saturday night, when Vonleh announced his decision.
“As soon as I walked out near the court they started chanting ‘We want Noah,'” Vonleh told ESPN’s Adam Finkelstein.
Vonleh, who had decided to reclassify to the Class of 2013 in September, picked Indiana over North Carolina, Connecticut, Ohio State, Georgetown, and Syracuse.
The 6-foot-8 Vonleh was Crean’s most sought after recruit and now Vonleh headlines the Indiana recruiting class along with small forward Troy Williams (Oak Hill/Hampton, VA).
The newest commitment for IU just keeps the good times rolling. Zeller, the preseason player of the year, will likely jump to the NBA following this season and Vonleh adds a player that can step in and make an immediate impact in the Hoosier frontcourt.
Vonleh has a unique skill set. He has the size and strength to play inside, but he has also been able to develop more of a small forward game. He has stretched his offensive skills outside the three-point line, consistently knocking down shots. Vonleh can also take his man of the dribble and rebounds at a high level.
“From day one, Indiana has been recruiting me the hardest,” Vonleh told Finkelstein. “They were just letting me know how they could develop me into the player I want to be at the next level. Their academics are good, they’re the No. 1 team in the country, and they’ve got another great class coming in next year.”
Vonleh was a consensus top-10 player and a USA Today preseason All-American . He’s the sixth player to give Crean his verbal commitment.
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 20
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)