Nov 11, 2012, 3:51 PM EDT
Wisconsin senior forward Mike Bruesewitz has been cleared to play for the Badgers after suffering a deep leg laceration last month, the school announced via Twitter Sunday.
Bruesewitz’s injury in October required surgery, but he now returns for Sunday’s game against Southeast Louisiana. Following his surgery, he was given a 4-6 week window to recover from the injury, meaning that he healed well and can now return in time for the season opener.
Last season, Bruesewitz averaged 5.6 points and 5.1 rebounds per game as part of a solid frontcourt that started all 36 games for the Badgers.
The Badgers also announced Sunday that junior forward Duje Dukan would redshirt this season, citing lingering effects from mononucleosis. He has appeared in 21 games over the past two seasons with Wisconsin.
“I missed most of the month of September and I felt like I could definitely contribute, but the recovery process has lasted longer than I expected,” Dukan said in a statement. “I feel like I’d be playing catch-up the whole season and I didn’t want to waste a year. I can instead use this season for development and to get stronger and help my teammates reach our goals this season.”
Wisconsin was picked to finish fifth in the 2012-13 Big Ten media poll, slotted behind Indiana, Michigan, Ohio State, and Michigan State.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)