Nov 13, 2012, 11:21 AM EST
Ryan Harrow was sick when Kentucky played Maryland on Friday, which is a major reason he looked, well, awful and only managed 10 minutes.
What that means for Kentucky is that Jarrod Polson, the star of the Wildcat’s win over the Terps, will slide into the starting point guard role. Freshman Archie Griffin and senior Julius Mays will also see some minutes at the point guard spot, but that would force both of them to play out of position. And as good as Polson was on Friday, that doesn’t change the fact that he’s a former walk-on. Kentucky survived more than anything with Polson running the show. He’s a scrappy guard that will make some hustle plays, will hit open shots and won’t turn the ball over, but he’s that’s about it. Kentucky is going to need Nerlens Noel and Alex Poythress to be much better than they were on Friday if they want to get out of Atlanta unscathed.
If Polson can once again come through for the Wildcats, however, I think it’s safe to say that Polson will immediately become a Kentucky legend.
Nov 21, 2014, 6:49 PM EST
Kansas hosts Rider on Monday night.
Clemson gets technical foul for calling a timeout it doesn’t have, coughs up game to Gardner Webb (VIDEO)
Nov 21, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
This has been a disastrous week for the Tigers.
Nov 21, 2014, 4:45 PM EST
UConn will play the winner of Boston College-West Virginia.
Nov 21, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
Let’s just say that we aren’t too fond of the current shot clock or the rules regarding hanging on the rim.
Nov 21, 2014, 3:43 PM EST
Mississippi State’s taken steps forward when it comes to improving the depth and talent in their program.
CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Arizona’s interior depth, Oklahoma gets rolling, another Memphis recruit reclassifies
Nov 21, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
News and notes on the world of college basketball recruiting.
Nov 21, 2014, 1:53 PM EST
Two of the four writers picked Indiana as a team that can surprise people in the Big Ten.
Nov 21, 2014, 1:02 PM EST
Less than a week after TaShawn Thomas was cleared to play, Danuel House received the good news regarding his waiver request.
Nov 21, 2014, 12:13 PM EST
Cullen Neal leads the Lobos in scoring and is second in assists, so this is a big loss.
Nov 21, 2014, 11:29 AM EST
Isaiah Taylor injured his left wrist on a hard fall with just over two minutes remaining in Texas’ win over Iowa Thursday night.
Nov 21, 2014, 11:10 AM EST
Also of note is George Washington’s trip to Charlottesville, and Dayton facing UConn in Puerto Rico.
Nov 21, 2014, 9:52 AM EST
Both Miami (2007) and Minnesota (2010) have won the event in the past.
Nov 21, 2014, 1:39 AM EST
There was also a double-overtime game in Charleston, and a buzzer-beating tip-in in Puerto Rico.
Nov 21, 2014, 12:36 AM EST
One impressive stretch of perimeter shooting may stand out, but Cal’s execution against the Syracuse zone was good for most of the night.
Nov 20, 2014, 11:15 PM EST
Through three games Villanova’s shooting 26.3% from three, but they’ve been able to make up for it in other areas.
Nov 20, 2014, 10:37 PM EST
I don’t know how much they’ll win, but Indiana is going to be a lot of fun to watch this season.
Nov 20, 2014, 9:43 PM EST
Johnathan Holmes sparked the Texas comeback.
Nov 20, 2014, 9:29 PM EST
2015 participants George Mason (2010) and Seton Hall (2011) will play in the Gildan Charleston Classic for the second time in the history of the event.
Nov 20, 2014, 8:36 PM EST
Caris LeVert led the way with 21 points and nine rebounds, and Michigan held Juwan Howard Jr. without a point over the final 5:39.
Nov 20, 2014, 6:59 PM EST
Dominic Woodson injured his left hand in practice Sunday.
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 1
- Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Burning Questions: Who gets the last shot? (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)