Nov 13, 2012, 3:01 PM EST
Welcome back, Scootie Randall.
After missing the entire 2011-12 season due to injury, the Temple senior, Randall, led the Owls with 31 points on 10-of-19 shooting in an 80-66 victory over Kent State Tuesday afternoon.
Randall was granted a medical redshirt last season as he recovered from a meniscus tear in his left knee. Now the fifth-year senior is expected to play an integral role on a team that was picked to finish fourth in the conference by coaches in preseason A-10 poll.
Despite being outrebounded 39-28, Temple was able to force 21 Kent State turnovers and shot 52 percent from the floor. Forward Anthony Lee added 16 points and eight rebounds.
For the Golden Flashes, Chris Evans had 17 points and seven rebounds, but also turned the ball over eight times. As a team, Kent State shot 5-of-23 from three-point range.
Temple opens its season with a win, now starting its final season in the A-10 before it moves to the Big East in 2013-14.
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 0
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)