Nov 13, 2012, 3:01 PM EDT
Welcome back, Scootie Randall.
After missing the entire 2011-12 season due to injury, the Temple senior, Randall, led the Owls with 31 points on 10-of-19 shooting in an 80-66 victory over Kent State Tuesday afternoon.
Randall was granted a medical redshirt last season as he recovered from a meniscus tear in his left knee. Now the fifth-year senior is expected to play an integral role on a team that was picked to finish fourth in the conference by coaches in preseason A-10 poll.
Despite being outrebounded 39-28, Temple was able to force 21 Kent State turnovers and shot 52 percent from the floor. Forward Anthony Lee added 16 points and eight rebounds.
For the Golden Flashes, Chris Evans had 17 points and seven rebounds, but also turned the ball over eight times. As a team, Kent State shot 5-of-23 from three-point range.
Temple opens its season with a win, now starting its final season in the A-10 before it moves to the Big East in 2013-14.
- The key to recruiting Myles Turner: a good psychology department? 0
- Green Bay will retain head coach Brian Wardle 2
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ 4
- Bringing in ex-Gator Cody Larson worth the risk South Dakota State 0
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 3
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (14)
- Report: Kevin Stallings blocks Sheldon Jeter’s transfer to Pitt (5)
- Kentucky phenoms choose 2013-14 preparation over other possibilities (4)
- Bill Self, redshirts, and the Power of Andrew Wiggins (4)
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ (4)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona