Nov 13, 2012, 3:01 PM EDT
Welcome back, Scootie Randall.
After missing the entire 2011-12 season due to injury, the Temple senior, Randall, led the Owls with 31 points on 10-of-19 shooting in an 80-66 victory over Kent State Tuesday afternoon.
Randall was granted a medical redshirt last season as he recovered from a meniscus tear in his left knee. Now the fifth-year senior is expected to play an integral role on a team that was picked to finish fourth in the conference by coaches in preseason A-10 poll.
Despite being outrebounded 39-28, Temple was able to force 21 Kent State turnovers and shot 52 percent from the floor. Forward Anthony Lee added 16 points and eight rebounds.
For the Golden Flashes, Chris Evans had 17 points and seven rebounds, but also turned the ball over eight times. As a team, Kent State shot 5-of-23 from three-point range.
Temple opens its season with a win, now starting its final season in the A-10 before it moves to the Big East in 2013-14.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 0
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)