Nov 13, 2012, 3:01 PM EDT
Welcome back, Scootie Randall.
After missing the entire 2011-12 season due to injury, the Temple senior, Randall, led the Owls with 31 points on 10-of-19 shooting in an 80-66 victory over Kent State Tuesday afternoon.
Randall was granted a medical redshirt last season as he recovered from a meniscus tear in his left knee. Now the fifth-year senior is expected to play an integral role on a team that was picked to finish fourth in the conference by coaches in preseason A-10 poll.
Despite being outrebounded 39-28, Temple was able to force 21 Kent State turnovers and shot 52 percent from the floor. Forward Anthony Lee added 16 points and eight rebounds.
For the Golden Flashes, Chris Evans had 17 points and seven rebounds, but also turned the ball over eight times. As a team, Kent State shot 5-of-23 from three-point range.
Temple opens its season with a win, now starting its final season in the A-10 before it moves to the Big East in 2013-14.
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- AAU Nationals Friday Recap: Event moves to Louisville, Bruce Brown plays well, Noah Dickerson updates recruitment 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 3
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)