Nov 14, 2012, 6:05 PM EDT
Georgetown will be without star forward Otto Porter tonight at they take on the Flames of Liberty.
“After the game on Sunday, Otto exhibited symptoms indicative of a mild concussion,” John Thompson III said in a statement. “Otto’s well-being is our first priority and he is being monitored by our sports medicine team and our doctors, who have been evaluating him daily.”
The Hoyas shouldn’t have an issue handling Liberty without Porter, but they also shouldn’t have had problems beating Duquesne without him. Georgetown won that game by just six points.
Porter played six minutes against the Dukes, but he took an elbow to the face early in the first half.
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 26
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 6
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (26)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (6)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)