Nov 14, 2012, 6:05 PM EDT
Georgetown will be without star forward Otto Porter tonight at they take on the Flames of Liberty.
“After the game on Sunday, Otto exhibited symptoms indicative of a mild concussion,” John Thompson III said in a statement. “Otto’s well-being is our first priority and he is being monitored by our sports medicine team and our doctors, who have been evaluating him daily.”
The Hoyas shouldn’t have an issue handling Liberty without Porter, but they also shouldn’t have had problems beating Duquesne without him. Georgetown won that game by just six points.
Porter played six minutes against the Dukes, but he took an elbow to the face early in the first half.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)