Nov 14, 2012, 6:05 PM EDT
Georgetown will be without star forward Otto Porter tonight at they take on the Flames of Liberty.
“After the game on Sunday, Otto exhibited symptoms indicative of a mild concussion,” John Thompson III said in a statement. “Otto’s well-being is our first priority and he is being monitored by our sports medicine team and our doctors, who have been evaluating him daily.”
The Hoyas shouldn’t have an issue handling Liberty without Porter, but they also shouldn’t have had problems beating Duquesne without him. Georgetown won that game by just six points.
Porter played six minutes against the Dukes, but he took an elbow to the face early in the first half.
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 0
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)