Nov 14, 2012, 1:03 PM EST
Memphis coach Josh Pastner is stockpiling talent for his program’s move to the Big East next season, and it’s all beginning to come together on National Signing Day.
In all, Pastner and the Tigers have five commits from the Class of 2013, four of whom are Top-100 prospects, plus highly recruited local product Markel Crawford.
Memphis has already officially recognized the signings of Kuran Iverson and Pookie Powell via the team’s Twitter account and others are expected to sign this week.
According to John Martin of the Commercial Appeal, five-star forward Austin Nichols and Memphis native Nick King are expected to sign Friday. Crawford is expected to sign later today.
The key to Pastner’s class is not only the talent he’s been able to reel in, but where he is getting that talent from. In 2013, he managed to grab the Tennessee natives King, Crawford, and the keystone, Nichols.
It continues the local success that he has had, which includes current Tigers Adonis Thomas, Chris Crawford, Joe Jackson, and Tarik Black.
As the signatures keep flowing in for 2013, Pastner and his team are 1-0 this season and play again Saturday against Samford.
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Report: Gonzaga’s Josh Perkins broke his jaw (4)