Nov 14, 2012, 1:03 PM EST
Memphis coach Josh Pastner is stockpiling talent for his program’s move to the Big East next season, and it’s all beginning to come together on National Signing Day.
In all, Pastner and the Tigers have five commits from the Class of 2013, four of whom are Top-100 prospects, plus highly recruited local product Markel Crawford.
Memphis has already officially recognized the signings of Kuran Iverson and Pookie Powell via the team’s Twitter account and others are expected to sign this week.
According to John Martin of the Commercial Appeal, five-star forward Austin Nichols and Memphis native Nick King are expected to sign Friday. Crawford is expected to sign later today.
The key to Pastner’s class is not only the talent he’s been able to reel in, but where he is getting that talent from. In 2013, he managed to grab the Tennessee natives King, Crawford, and the keystone, Nichols.
It continues the local success that he has had, which includes current Tigers Adonis Thomas, Chris Crawford, Joe Jackson, and Tarik Black.
As the signatures keep flowing in for 2013, Pastner and his team are 1-0 this season and play again Saturday against Samford.
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 25
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Wofford’s grueling start to the season began well before their 7:00 a.m. game 0
- No. 13 Gonzaga makes definitive statement with blowout of No. 22 SMU 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (25)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)