Nov 14, 2012, 1:03 PM EDT
Memphis coach Josh Pastner is stockpiling talent for his program’s move to the Big East next season, and it’s all beginning to come together on National Signing Day.
In all, Pastner and the Tigers have five commits from the Class of 2013, four of whom are Top-100 prospects, plus highly recruited local product Markel Crawford.
Memphis has already officially recognized the signings of Kuran Iverson and Pookie Powell via the team’s Twitter account and others are expected to sign this week.
According to John Martin of the Commercial Appeal, five-star forward Austin Nichols and Memphis native Nick King are expected to sign Friday. Crawford is expected to sign later today.
The key to Pastner’s class is not only the talent he’s been able to reel in, but where he is getting that talent from. In 2013, he managed to grab the Tennessee natives King, Crawford, and the keystone, Nichols.
It continues the local success that he has had, which includes current Tigers Adonis Thomas, Chris Crawford, Joe Jackson, and Tarik Black.
As the signatures keep flowing in for 2013, Pastner and his team are 1-0 this season and play again Saturday against Samford.
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 1
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)
- Blue Ribbon releases their Preseason First Team All-Americans (1)