Nov 14, 2012, 1:03 PM EDT
Memphis coach Josh Pastner is stockpiling talent for his program’s move to the Big East next season, and it’s all beginning to come together on National Signing Day.
In all, Pastner and the Tigers have five commits from the Class of 2013, four of whom are Top-100 prospects, plus highly recruited local product Markel Crawford.
Memphis has already officially recognized the signings of Kuran Iverson and Pookie Powell via the team’s Twitter account and others are expected to sign this week.
According to John Martin of the Commercial Appeal, five-star forward Austin Nichols and Memphis native Nick King are expected to sign Friday. Crawford is expected to sign later today.
The key to Pastner’s class is not only the talent he’s been able to reel in, but where he is getting that talent from. In 2013, he managed to grab the Tennessee natives King, Crawford, and the keystone, Nichols.
It continues the local success that he has had, which includes current Tigers Adonis Thomas, Chris Crawford, Joe Jackson, and Tarik Black.
As the signatures keep flowing in for 2013, Pastner and his team are 1-0 this season and play again Saturday against Samford.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)