Nov 14, 2012, 10:20 AM EDT
Providence guard Vincent Council will be sidelined for 4-5 weeks as he recovers from a hamstring injury he suffered against NJIT, the Providence Journal is reporting.
Council played only five minutes against NJIT Saturday before going down with the injury. He already sat out the Friars’ blowout win over Bryant on Monday, and could miss up to seven more games.
If the timeline plays out and he misses the maximum amount of time, Council could have to sit out games against UMass, Fairfield, Holy Cross, Mississippi State, Rhode Island, Colgate, and Boston College.
Coach Ed Cooley and the Friars have been bitten by the injury bug this season, already losing out on star freshman Kris Dunn for the start of the year as he recovers from a shoulder injury.
Ricky Ledo, another piece of Providence’s strong 2012 recruiting class, was ruled ineligible to play by the NCAA and will miss out on game action in 2012-13.
The Friars were picked to finish last in the Big East in the preseason coaches’ poll. They return to the court Thursday against UMass.
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)