Nov 14, 2012, 10:20 AM EDT
Providence guard Vincent Council will be sidelined for 4-5 weeks as he recovers from a hamstring injury he suffered against NJIT, the Providence Journal is reporting.
Council played only five minutes against NJIT Saturday before going down with the injury. He already sat out the Friars’ blowout win over Bryant on Monday, and could miss up to seven more games.
If the timeline plays out and he misses the maximum amount of time, Council could have to sit out games against UMass, Fairfield, Holy Cross, Mississippi State, Rhode Island, Colgate, and Boston College.
Coach Ed Cooley and the Friars have been bitten by the injury bug this season, already losing out on star freshman Kris Dunn for the start of the year as he recovers from a shoulder injury.
Ricky Ledo, another piece of Providence’s strong 2012 recruiting class, was ruled ineligible to play by the NCAA and will miss out on game action in 2012-13.
The Friars were picked to finish last in the Big East in the preseason coaches’ poll. They return to the court Thursday against UMass.
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 1
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)