Nov 14, 2012, 10:20 AM EDT
Providence guard Vincent Council will be sidelined for 4-5 weeks as he recovers from a hamstring injury he suffered against NJIT, the Providence Journal is reporting.
Council played only five minutes against NJIT Saturday before going down with the injury. He already sat out the Friars’ blowout win over Bryant on Monday, and could miss up to seven more games.
If the timeline plays out and he misses the maximum amount of time, Council could have to sit out games against UMass, Fairfield, Holy Cross, Mississippi State, Rhode Island, Colgate, and Boston College.
Coach Ed Cooley and the Friars have been bitten by the injury bug this season, already losing out on star freshman Kris Dunn for the start of the year as he recovers from a shoulder injury.
Ricky Ledo, another piece of Providence’s strong 2012 recruiting class, was ruled ineligible to play by the NCAA and will miss out on game action in 2012-13.
The Friars were picked to finish last in the Big East in the preseason coaches’ poll. They return to the court Thursday against UMass.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 37
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (37)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)