Nov 15, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
When he suffered a broken leg in the spring, there were many who wondered if Jaron Blossomgame would be able to help out the Clemson Tigers this spring. And according to the program it seems as if the highest-rated member of their freshman class has decided that he’ll redshirt this season.
Jaron Blossomgame just informed the media he was red-shirting the 2012-13 season.—
Clemson Basketball (@ClemsonMBB) November 15, 2012
While the Tigers certainly can use a player of Blossomgame’s caliber in the rotation, the fact of the matter is that he still isn’t 100% and per his comments to the media today likely wouldn’t be until ACC play in January.
Entering a new program and not having the practice time needed to fully comprehend what head coach Brad Brownell wants done on both ends of the floor, Blossomgame would likely be at a disadvantage if he were to play this season.
His decision to redshirt probably doesn’t change much for fellow wings Damarcus Harrison and K.J. McDaniels, both of whom played at least 20 minutes in Clemson’s 77-44 win over Presbyterian on Monday night.
McDaniels got the start against Presbyterian alongside guards T.J. Sapp and Adonis Filer, with Harrison playing 20 minutes off the bench. McDaniels and Harrison scored eight points and grabbed four rebounds apiece in the season opener.
Clemson’s next game is at Furman on Friday night.
Photo credit: Clemson University
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)