Nov 15, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
When he suffered a broken leg in the spring, there were many who wondered if Jaron Blossomgame would be able to help out the Clemson Tigers this spring. And according to the program it seems as if the highest-rated member of their freshman class has decided that he’ll redshirt this season.
Jaron Blossomgame just informed the media he was red-shirting the 2012-13 season.—
Clemson Basketball (@ClemsonMBB) November 15, 2012
While the Tigers certainly can use a player of Blossomgame’s caliber in the rotation, the fact of the matter is that he still isn’t 100% and per his comments to the media today likely wouldn’t be until ACC play in January.
Entering a new program and not having the practice time needed to fully comprehend what head coach Brad Brownell wants done on both ends of the floor, Blossomgame would likely be at a disadvantage if he were to play this season.
His decision to redshirt probably doesn’t change much for fellow wings Damarcus Harrison and K.J. McDaniels, both of whom played at least 20 minutes in Clemson’s 77-44 win over Presbyterian on Monday night.
McDaniels got the start against Presbyterian alongside guards T.J. Sapp and Adonis Filer, with Harrison playing 20 minutes off the bench. McDaniels and Harrison scored eight points and grabbed four rebounds apiece in the season opener.
Clemson’s next game is at Furman on Friday night.
Photo credit: Clemson University
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1