Nov 15, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
When he suffered a broken leg in the spring, there were many who wondered if Jaron Blossomgame would be able to help out the Clemson Tigers this spring. And according to the program it seems as if the highest-rated member of their freshman class has decided that he’ll redshirt this season.
Jaron Blossomgame just informed the media he was red-shirting the 2012-13 season.—
Clemson Basketball (@ClemsonMBB) November 15, 2012
While the Tigers certainly can use a player of Blossomgame’s caliber in the rotation, the fact of the matter is that he still isn’t 100% and per his comments to the media today likely wouldn’t be until ACC play in January.
Entering a new program and not having the practice time needed to fully comprehend what head coach Brad Brownell wants done on both ends of the floor, Blossomgame would likely be at a disadvantage if he were to play this season.
His decision to redshirt probably doesn’t change much for fellow wings Damarcus Harrison and K.J. McDaniels, both of whom played at least 20 minutes in Clemson’s 77-44 win over Presbyterian on Monday night.
McDaniels got the start against Presbyterian alongside guards T.J. Sapp and Adonis Filer, with Harrison playing 20 minutes off the bench. McDaniels and Harrison scored eight points and grabbed four rebounds apiece in the season opener.
Clemson’s next game is at Furman on Friday night.
Photo credit: Clemson University
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 1
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 9
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California 10
- Sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein returning to Kentucky 5
- Montrezl Harrell will be returning to Louisville for his junior season 0
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)
- Syracuse freshman Chinoso Obokoh could lose year of eligibility due to NCAA issue (6)
- John Calipari reveals what ‘the tweak’ actually was (5)