Nov 16, 2012, 6:01 PM EDT
Archbishop Mitty (Calif.) power forward Aaron Gordon, one of the best remaining 2013 recruits, is closer to making his decision.
The 6-foot-7 forward is down to just three — Arizona, Kentucky, and Washington, according to ESPN’s Dave Telep Thursday night. Oregon, Kansas and California are no longer in contention.
It appears that Gordon will likely take his time and a decision should come during the spring. The consensus top player on the west coast hasn’t given any real indication to which school he is leaning towards.
In a post Thursday afternoon on ZagsBlog.com, SNY.tv’s Adam Zagoria mentioned Washington’s connection to Gordon.
Washington has long been considered to have an inside track because head coach Lorenzo Romar and Ed Gordon, Aaron’s father, grew up in the same Los Angeles neighborhood.
Then there’s Kentucky. John Calipari can never really be ruled out when it comes to a top recruit. But Gordon may not be a necessity for Big Blue Nation to land. Coach Cal has other forwards on his radar including Prestowood Christian (Tex.) power forward, Julius Randle and the consensus top player in the nation, Huntington Prep (W.Va.) small forward, Andrew Wiggins.
Gordon has already visited all three schools.
- The key to recruiting Myles Turner: a good psychology department? 0
- Green Bay will retain head coach Brian Wardle 2
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ 4
- Bringing in ex-Gator Cody Larson worth the risk South Dakota State 0
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 3
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (14)
- Report: Kevin Stallings blocks Sheldon Jeter’s transfer to Pitt (5)
- Steven Pearl, BBQ jokes and a Tennessee radio ad (4)
- Kentucky phenoms choose 2013-14 preparation over other possibilities (4)
- Bill Self, redshirts, and the Power of Andrew Wiggins (4)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona