Nov 16, 2012, 6:01 PM EDT
Archbishop Mitty (Calif.) power forward Aaron Gordon, one of the best remaining 2013 recruits, is closer to making his decision.
The 6-foot-7 forward is down to just three — Arizona, Kentucky, and Washington, according to ESPN’s Dave Telep Thursday night. Oregon, Kansas and California are no longer in contention.
It appears that Gordon will likely take his time and a decision should come during the spring. The consensus top player on the west coast hasn’t given any real indication to which school he is leaning towards.
In a post Thursday afternoon on ZagsBlog.com, SNY.tv’s Adam Zagoria mentioned Washington’s connection to Gordon.
Washington has long been considered to have an inside track because head coach Lorenzo Romar and Ed Gordon, Aaron’s father, grew up in the same Los Angeles neighborhood.
Then there’s Kentucky. John Calipari can never really be ruled out when it comes to a top recruit. But Gordon may not be a necessity for Big Blue Nation to land. Coach Cal has other forwards on his radar including Prestowood Christian (Tex.) power forward, Julius Randle and the consensus top player in the nation, Huntington Prep (W.Va.) small forward, Andrew Wiggins.
Gordon has already visited all three schools.
- Dummy’s Guide to filling out an NCAA tournament bracket 0
- Picking an NCAA tournament bracket in 68 seconds 0
- Seven must-watch NCAA tournament Round of 64 games 0
- South Region Preview: Can anyone stop the Florida Gators? 0
- East Region Preview: Are Michigan State and Iowa State the two best teams? 2
- West Region Preview: Arizona rules, but chaos could reign 2
- Midwest Region Preview: Is 4-seed Louisville the favorite? 2
- POSTERIZED: Dunks of the Year compilation missing the Dunk of the Year (VIDEO) 0
- TV schedules, announcer pairings for 2014 NCAA Tournament 0
- Conference breakdown for 2014 NCAA Tournament 0
- Was Duke’s Rodney Hood fouled by Clemson? You make the call (VIDEO) (21)
- Bracketology: Final No. 1 seed still a question mark (16)
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (12)
- Big Ten Tournament: Michigan survives furious Ohio State comeback (9)
- 2014 NCAA Tournament South Region: Instant Analysis (9)