Nov 16, 2012, 6:01 PM EST
Archbishop Mitty (Calif.) power forward Aaron Gordon, one of the best remaining 2013 recruits, is closer to making his decision.
The 6-foot-7 forward is down to just three — Arizona, Kentucky, and Washington, according to ESPN’s Dave Telep Thursday night. Oregon, Kansas and California are no longer in contention.
It appears that Gordon will likely take his time and a decision should come during the spring. The consensus top player on the west coast hasn’t given any real indication to which school he is leaning towards.
In a post Thursday afternoon on ZagsBlog.com, SNY.tv’s Adam Zagoria mentioned Washington’s connection to Gordon.
Washington has long been considered to have an inside track because head coach Lorenzo Romar and Ed Gordon, Aaron’s father, grew up in the same Los Angeles neighborhood.
Then there’s Kentucky. John Calipari can never really be ruled out when it comes to a top recruit. But Gordon may not be a necessity for Big Blue Nation to land. Coach Cal has other forwards on his radar including Prestowood Christian (Tex.) power forward, Julius Randle and the consensus top player in the nation, Huntington Prep (W.Va.) small forward, Andrew Wiggins.
Gordon has already visited all three schools.
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 0
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 0
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (24)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)