Nov 17, 2012, 10:29 PM EST
In preparation for the Maui Invitational some teams play a game either on the west coast or in Hawaii ahead of the event, which begins on Monday.
No. 11 North Carolina was able to pull away from Long Beach State in the second half, winning 78-63 with James Michael McAdoo leading four Tar Heels in double figures with 18 points.
Illinois found themselves in a tough battle with a Big West opponent, as they took on Hawaii at the Stan Sheriff Center. For those of you who either fell asleep or gave up on the choppy feed (it was free, so be appreciative of that), here’s video of how the game ended.
Richardson was one of three Illinois players to finish in double figures as he tallied 16 points.
Brandon Paul (25 points) and Tracy Abrams (22) led the way for John Groce’s club, while Vander Joaquim (22 points, 11 rebounds) and Chicago native Brandon Spearman (20 points, nine rebounds) paced the Warriors.
Illinois, now 3-0 on the season, opens Maui Invitational play on Monday with a game against USC.
Video courtesy of Fighting Illini Athletics (official YouTube page)
- Tracking The Unbeatens: The showdown between Kentucky, Louisville looms 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Ohio State Buckeyes 0
- Weekly Awards: Marquette’s new addition, a shakeup in Pac-12’s power structure ? 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 25: Virginia moves up, three teams drop out 0
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game 0
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Tracking The Unbeatens: There are now just nine teams without a loss (3)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)