Nov 17, 2012, 10:29 PM EDT
In preparation for the Maui Invitational some teams play a game either on the west coast or in Hawaii ahead of the event, which begins on Monday.
No. 11 North Carolina was able to pull away from Long Beach State in the second half, winning 78-63 with James Michael McAdoo leading four Tar Heels in double figures with 18 points.
Illinois found themselves in a tough battle with a Big West opponent, as they took on Hawaii at the Stan Sheriff Center. For those of you who either fell asleep or gave up on the choppy feed (it was free, so be appreciative of that), here’s video of how the game ended.
Richardson was one of three Illinois players to finish in double figures as he tallied 16 points.
Brandon Paul (25 points) and Tracy Abrams (22) led the way for John Groce’s club, while Vander Joaquim (22 points, 11 rebounds) and Chicago native Brandon Spearman (20 points, nine rebounds) paced the Warriors.
Illinois, now 3-0 on the season, opens Maui Invitational play on Monday with a game against USC.
Video courtesy of Fighting Illini Athletics (official YouTube page)
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 1
- New Mexico’s Craig Neal cuts hair for ‘Locks of Love’ (VIDEO) 0
- Stony Brook works toward NCAA appearance after DII transition 0
- Syracuse officials to meet NCAA Committee on Infractions later this month 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- Has Maryland found a new starting center? (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Northeast Conference Preview: Is it time for Robert Morris to dance again? (1)