Nov 17, 2012, 10:29 PM EST
In preparation for the Maui Invitational some teams play a game either on the west coast or in Hawaii ahead of the event, which begins on Monday.
No. 11 North Carolina was able to pull away from Long Beach State in the second half, winning 78-63 with James Michael McAdoo leading four Tar Heels in double figures with 18 points.
Illinois found themselves in a tough battle with a Big West opponent, as they took on Hawaii at the Stan Sheriff Center. For those of you who either fell asleep or gave up on the choppy feed (it was free, so be appreciative of that), here’s video of how the game ended.
Richardson was one of three Illinois players to finish in double figures as he tallied 16 points.
Brandon Paul (25 points) and Tracy Abrams (22) led the way for John Groce’s club, while Vander Joaquim (22 points, 11 rebounds) and Chicago native Brandon Spearman (20 points, nine rebounds) paced the Warriors.
Illinois, now 3-0 on the season, opens Maui Invitational play on Monday with a game against USC.
Video courtesy of Fighting Illini Athletics (official YouTube page)
- Harvard wraps up third consecutive NCAA tournament berth (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend Preview: The regular season comes to a close 1
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 5
- Senior starters once again carry No. 15 Cincinnati 0
- Doug McDermott’s career still missing most important part: His One Shining Moment 0
- Bryce Cotton, Providence’s marathon man, looking to lead the Friars on a run to the NCAA tournament 0
- Bubble Banter: Colorado, Dayton the day’s biggest winners 1
- Undefeated regular season says all we need to know about No. 2 Wichita State (9)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Finally at full strength, Michigan State sleepwalks through loss to Illinois (6)
- Kentucky hits rock bottom, loses at South Carolina (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)