Nov 17, 2012, 10:29 PM EDT
In preparation for the Maui Invitational some teams play a game either on the west coast or in Hawaii ahead of the event, which begins on Monday.
No. 11 North Carolina was able to pull away from Long Beach State in the second half, winning 78-63 with James Michael McAdoo leading four Tar Heels in double figures with 18 points.
Illinois found themselves in a tough battle with a Big West opponent, as they took on Hawaii at the Stan Sheriff Center. For those of you who either fell asleep or gave up on the choppy feed (it was free, so be appreciative of that), here’s video of how the game ended.
Richardson was one of three Illinois players to finish in double figures as he tallied 16 points.
Brandon Paul (25 points) and Tracy Abrams (22) led the way for John Groce’s club, while Vander Joaquim (22 points, 11 rebounds) and Chicago native Brandon Spearman (20 points, nine rebounds) paced the Warriors.
Illinois, now 3-0 on the season, opens Maui Invitational play on Monday with a game against USC.
Video courtesy of Fighting Illini Athletics (official YouTube page)
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 0
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- Time lapse of Iowa State’s refurbished court (VIDEO) (1)