Nov 17, 2012, 10:29 PM EDT
In preparation for the Maui Invitational some teams play a game either on the west coast or in Hawaii ahead of the event, which begins on Monday.
No. 11 North Carolina was able to pull away from Long Beach State in the second half, winning 78-63 with James Michael McAdoo leading four Tar Heels in double figures with 18 points.
Illinois found themselves in a tough battle with a Big West opponent, as they took on Hawaii at the Stan Sheriff Center. For those of you who either fell asleep or gave up on the choppy feed (it was free, so be appreciative of that), here’s video of how the game ended.
Richardson was one of three Illinois players to finish in double figures as he tallied 16 points.
Brandon Paul (25 points) and Tracy Abrams (22) led the way for John Groce’s club, while Vander Joaquim (22 points, 11 rebounds) and Chicago native Brandon Spearman (20 points, nine rebounds) paced the Warriors.
Illinois, now 3-0 on the season, opens Maui Invitational play on Monday with a game against USC.
Video courtesy of Fighting Illini Athletics (official YouTube page)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 5
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California 9
- Sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein returning to Kentucky 4
- Montrezl Harrell will be returning to Louisville for his junior season 0
- John Calipari reveals what ‘the tweak’ actually was 5
- More than 200,000 UConn fans show up for parade in Hartford (VIDEO/PHOTOS) 0
- Duke’s Jabari Parker will discuss options with Mike Krzyzewski next week 0
- UMass guard Derrick Gordon becomes first openly gay Division I basketball player (31)
- Lacey Holsworth, Adreian Payne’s eight-year-old friend, loses her battle with cancer (9)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (9)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (8)
- Syracuse freshman Chinoso Obokoh could lose year of eligibility due to NCAA issue (6)