Nov 17, 2012, 11:18 AM EDT
Since taking over as the head coach at NC State, coach Mark Gottfried has made the Wolfpack a legitimate threat on the national recruiting scene.
It began last season with his three-man recruiting class, all three of whom were McDonald’s All-Americans, and continued in 2013 with the additions of Anthony “Cat” Barber and Kyle Washington.
On Friday, Gottfried secured another commitment, grabbing a pledge from 2013 DeMatha (D.C.) center BeeJay Anya.
Anya, a 6-9, 275-pound prospect who plays for the powerhouse Team Takeover DC AAU program, has dropped a significant amount of weight over the last two years, which has expanded his game, made him more mobile, and made him more of a threat on both ends of the floor.
The race for Anya’s commitment was considered to be relatively one-sided throughout and Gottfried now solidifies himself as a high-level recruiter in the ACC. He already has the Wolfpack in the nation’s Top-10 this season, and this string of successes on the recruiting trail could help to solidify that for at least the next few years.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)