Nov 17, 2012, 11:18 AM EDT
Since taking over as the head coach at NC State, coach Mark Gottfried has made the Wolfpack a legitimate threat on the national recruiting scene.
It began last season with his three-man recruiting class, all three of whom were McDonald’s All-Americans, and continued in 2013 with the additions of Anthony “Cat” Barber and Kyle Washington.
On Friday, Gottfried secured another commitment, grabbing a pledge from 2013 DeMatha (D.C.) center BeeJay Anya.
Anya, a 6-9, 275-pound prospect who plays for the powerhouse Team Takeover DC AAU program, has dropped a significant amount of weight over the last two years, which has expanded his game, made him more mobile, and made him more of a threat on both ends of the floor.
The race for Anya’s commitment was considered to be relatively one-sided throughout and Gottfried now solidifies himself as a high-level recruiter in the ACC. He already has the Wolfpack in the nation’s Top-10 this season, and this string of successes on the recruiting trail could help to solidify that for at least the next few years.
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 1
- The bond between Rick Byrd and Casey Alexander crosses rivalry lines 1
- How did Bill Self learn about Andrew Wiggins’ commitment? Twitter 0
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 13
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims