Nov 17, 2012, 12:00 AM EDT
We all knew coming in to the season that the Kentucky Wildcats, while sloppy at first, would be fun to watch.
Through the first three games of the season, they’ve put on three highly-entertaining performances and displayed numerous highlight reel plays.
A week ago, walk-on sophomore Jarrod Polson stole the show en route to a razor-close 72–69 win over Maryland. On Monday, Alex Poythress nearly broke the rims at the Georgia Dome against Duke, despite losing to the Blue Devils 75-68.
On Friday, it was time for freshman Archie Goodwin to get in on the action, this time against their first “cupcake” of the season, Lafayette.
The Arkansas-native finished off a sloppy sequence of transition plays with a marvelous and monstrous poster-dunk over Leopard’s back-up guard Greg Detmer. Unfortunately, the referees believe Detmer had set his feet prior to contact, and called Goodwin for the charge.
I don’t know how anybody can call this a charge:
While this may have not counted towards the score of the game, a) The game was out of reach at the half and b) A dunk is still a dunk even if it doesn’t count for two.
The Kentucky Wildcats are still a work in progress. They just so happen to be a very entertaining work in progress.
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 0
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- Time lapse of Iowa State’s refurbished court (VIDEO) (1)