Nov 17, 2012, 12:00 AM EST
We all knew coming in to the season that the Kentucky Wildcats, while sloppy at first, would be fun to watch.
Through the first three games of the season, they’ve put on three highly-entertaining performances and displayed numerous highlight reel plays.
A week ago, walk-on sophomore Jarrod Polson stole the show en route to a razor-close 72–69 win over Maryland. On Monday, Alex Poythress nearly broke the rims at the Georgia Dome against Duke, despite losing to the Blue Devils 75-68.
On Friday, it was time for freshman Archie Goodwin to get in on the action, this time against their first “cupcake” of the season, Lafayette.
The Arkansas-native finished off a sloppy sequence of transition plays with a marvelous and monstrous poster-dunk over Leopard’s back-up guard Greg Detmer. Unfortunately, the referees believe Detmer had set his feet prior to contact, and called Goodwin for the charge.
I don’t know how anybody can call this a charge:
While this may have not counted towards the score of the game, a) The game was out of reach at the half and b) A dunk is still a dunk even if it doesn’t count for two.
The Kentucky Wildcats are still a work in progress. They just so happen to be a very entertaining work in progress.
Feb 26, 2015, 5:54 PM EST
Without Jordan McLaughlin, USC will have to rely on Julian Jacobs at the point in their final two regular season games.
Feb 26, 2015, 4:50 PM EST
In addition to a ruptured plantar fascia suffered in a loss to Florida in late-January, Ricky Tarrant also needs to undergo a procedure on his left knee.
Feb 26, 2015, 4:00 PM EST
Boeheim doesn’t seem pleased about the ruling.
Feb 26, 2015, 2:45 PM EST
This borders on criminal.
Feb 26, 2015, 1:37 PM EST
There aren’t many surprises here.
Feb 26, 2015, 12:54 PM EST
SMU will also be making a trip to visit Memphis.
Feb 26, 2015, 11:58 AM EST
This is incredible.
Feb 26, 2015, 11:19 AM EST
These are more understated than recent adidas uniforms.
Feb 26, 2015, 9:43 AM EST
Feb 26, 2015, 8:26 AM EST
Chris Jones was dismissed from the team on Sunday.
Feb 26, 2015, 12:38 AM EST
And No. 2 Virginia limited Wake Forest to 21.8% shooting without two starters.
Feb 26, 2015, 12:07 AM EST
The Duke defense is the biggest red flag on any true contender.
Feb 25, 2015, 11:33 PM EST
Scott Drew’s Bears went on an 18-4 second half run to take control of the game, hitting six three-pointers.
Feb 25, 2015, 9:57 PM EST
Here are Wednesday’s bubble winners and losers.
Feb 25, 2015, 7:10 PM EST
Big 12 Commissioner Bob Bowlsby also notes that the conference is having conversations regarding possible protocols for situations in which fans rush the court.
Feb 25, 2015, 6:14 PM EST
The CBI becomes the second postseason event to announce that it will use a 30-second shot clock this spring.
Feb 25, 2015, 5:02 PM EST
The shirts are cool, but just as important is getting enough fans in seats to make a difference against Florida State.
Feb 25, 2015, 5:00 PM EST
This loss is a massive blow to Wisconsin’s chances of getting a No. 1 seed.
Feb 25, 2015, 2:06 PM EST
Currie discusses what went wrong on Monday night.
Feb 25, 2015, 1:23 PM EST
Is Iowa State the favorite to win the Big 12 now?
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 11
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 3
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Syracuse upsets No. 8 Notre Dame in an inspired ACC road effort 0
- You Make The Call: Did Marcus Paige get fouled on North Carolina’s last possession? (17)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Report: Big Ten looking into idea of making freshmen ineligible for competition in football, men’s basketball (11)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (11)