Nov 17, 2012, 12:00 AM EDT
We all knew coming in to the season that the Kentucky Wildcats, while sloppy at first, would be fun to watch.
Through the first three games of the season, they’ve put on three highly-entertaining performances and displayed numerous highlight reel plays.
A week ago, walk-on sophomore Jarrod Polson stole the show en route to a razor-close 72–69 win over Maryland. On Monday, Alex Poythress nearly broke the rims at the Georgia Dome against Duke, despite losing to the Blue Devils 75-68.
On Friday, it was time for freshman Archie Goodwin to get in on the action, this time against their first “cupcake” of the season, Lafayette.
The Arkansas-native finished off a sloppy sequence of transition plays with a marvelous and monstrous poster-dunk over Leopard’s back-up guard Greg Detmer. Unfortunately, the referees believe Detmer had set his feet prior to contact, and called Goodwin for the charge.
I don’t know how anybody can call this a charge:
While this may have not counted towards the score of the game, a) The game was out of reach at the half and b) A dunk is still a dunk even if it doesn’t count for two.
The Kentucky Wildcats are still a work in progress. They just so happen to be a very entertaining work in progress.
Oct 30, 2014, 10:13 AM EDT
Kemba being Kemba.
Oct 30, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
The list of big men dominating college basketball this season is solid.
Oct 29, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
Bobby Cremins says that his relationships with other coaches has led to his having to recuse himself from other cases in the past.
Oct 29, 2014, 9:48 PM EDT
Zach Lofton was expected to develop into a more efficient player during his year sitting out per NCAA transfer rules.
Oct 29, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
Monson is four wins away from becoming Long Beach State’s winningest coach.
Oct 29, 2014, 6:51 PM EDT
Buffalo, Canisius, Niagara and St. Bonaventure will wear Buffalo Braves-inspired uniforms for their doubleheader November 29.
Oct 29, 2014, 5:10 PM EDT
North Carolina’s Marcus Paige was the media pick to win ACC Player of the Year.
Oct 29, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
Toledo’s defense will be the key to their NCAA tournament bid.
Oct 29, 2014, 3:29 PM EDT
I can do that.
Oct 29, 2014, 2:26 PM EDT
Keith Thomas was expected to start for the Johnnies.
Oct 29, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
The MAC is sure to be one of the more intriguing mid-major leagues during the 2014-15 season.
Oct 29, 2014, 11:57 AM EDT
How can Texas build off of last seasons surprising success?
Oct 29, 2014, 9:50 AM EDT
Who would you pick in first, UConn or SMU?
Oct 29, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
CBT’s rankings of the best wings in college basketball heading into the 2014-15 season.
Oct 28, 2014, 11:45 PM EDT
The JuCo transfer guard is expected to have an impact in his first season in Stillwater.
Oct 28, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
The Syracuse big man was limited to only 12 games during the 2014-2015 season.
Oct 28, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
Arguably the top point guard in the junior class, and a consensus top 10 recruit in the Class of 2016 has narrowed his list of offers to just 10.
Oct 28, 2014, 7:40 PM EDT
Gib Arnold was entering his fifth season at Hawaii
Oct 28, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
One of the nation’s top lead guards — on one of the best mid-major teams — is as hungry as he is entertaining.
Oct 28, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The 6-foot-5 junior guard is looking to bounce back after a sophomore slump.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Green Bay’s Keifer Sykes maintains the chip on his shoulder 0
- Skal Labissiere, Reach Your Dreams Prep and why this isn’t as scuzzy as it sounds 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 9 Gonzaga Bulldogs 2
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)