Nov 18, 2012, 1:10 PM EST
Ohio State coach Thad Matta got a major commitment from the Class of 2014 on Sunday, securing a pledge from Illinois native Keita Bates-Diop, multiple outlets are now reporting.
Bates-Diop is a 6-7, 190-pound swingman with a lean, lanky frame. He runs the floor well and is crafty around the rim, making him a solid fit for Matta’s system.
He chose Ohio State over schools that include DePaul, Purdue, Michigan, Marquette, Wisconsin, and others.
He becomes Matta’s first commitment from the Class of 2014, following a 2013 class that has two players already signed during this early fall signing period. Baltimore native Kameron Williams and Ohio native Marc Loving are slated to be Buckeyes in 2013-14.
Check out highlights below to see a glimpse into Bates-Diop’s game:
Nov 21, 2014, 1:02 PM EST
Less than a week after TaShawn Thomas was cleared to play, Danuel House received the good news regarding his waiver request.
Nov 21, 2014, 12:13 PM EST
Cullen Neal leads the Lobos in scoring and is second in assists, so this is a big loss.
Nov 21, 2014, 11:29 AM EST
Isaiah Taylor injured his left wrist on a hard fall with just over two minutes remaining in Texas’ win over Iowa Thursday night.
Nov 21, 2014, 11:10 AM EST
Also of note is George Washington’s trip to Charlottesville, and Dayton facing UConn in Puerto Rico.
Nov 21, 2014, 9:52 AM EST
Both Miami (2007) and Minnesota (2010) have won the event in the past.
Nov 21, 2014, 1:39 AM EST
There was also a double-overtime game in Charleston, and a buzzer-beating tip-in in Puerto Rico.
Nov 21, 2014, 12:36 AM EST
One impressive stretch of perimeter shooting may stand out, but Cal’s execution against the Syracuse zone was good for most of the night.
Nov 20, 2014, 11:15 PM EST
Through three games Villanova’s shooting 26.3% from three, but they’ve been able to make up for it in other areas.
Nov 20, 2014, 10:37 PM EST
I don’t know how much they’ll win, but Indiana is going to be a lot of fun to watch this season.
Nov 20, 2014, 9:43 PM EST
Johnathan Holmes sparked the Texas comeback.
Nov 20, 2014, 9:29 PM EST
2015 participants George Mason (2010) and Seton Hall (2011) will play in the Gildan Charleston Classic for the second time in the history of the event.
Nov 20, 2014, 8:36 PM EST
Caris LeVert led the way with 21 points and nine rebounds, and Michigan held Juwan Howard Jr. without a point over the final 5:39.
Nov 20, 2014, 6:59 PM EST
Dominic Woodson injured his left hand in practice Sunday.
Nov 20, 2014, 6:04 PM EST
More than sixty inches of snow have fallen in western New York this week, so it makes little sense to attempt to play a sporting event as scheduled.
Nov 20, 2014, 4:58 PM EST
Arizona, Michigan State and Providence all reached last season’s NCAA tournament.
Nov 20, 2014, 3:32 PM EST
Who is the most clutch player in the country?
Nov 20, 2014, 2:37 PM EST
The 2014 Maui Invitational kicks off on Monday.
Nov 20, 2014, 1:57 PM EST
I cannot respect your intelligence if you think Kentucky beats Philly. I just can’t do it.
Nov 20, 2014, 1:29 PM EST
The last two years, Wichita State, UConn and Kentucky have all made the Final Four as teams seeded outside the top six.
Nov 20, 2014, 12:45 PM EST
You have to love early morning basketball.
- Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Wofford’s grueling start to the season began well before their 7:00 a.m. game 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)