Nov 18, 2012, 5:44 PM EDT
Don’t you hate it when you invite someone into your home, and they strut around acting like they own the place?
That’s probably how the South Florida Bulls felt today, as they were bounced from the USF Invitational by the visiting Western Michigan Broncos. The team from Kalamazoo showed up at the Invitational and treated their hosts quite rudely, winning 58-53 in hostile territory.
The Bulls continue to turn in desultory rebounding performances, which is astonishing for a team with such frontline depth. The home team’s leading rebounder was 6’1″ guard Anthony Collins, who snagged 7 missed shots to go with his 12 assists.
Western Michigan was led by guard Brandon Pokley, who scored 15 points. The Broncos rebounded well as a team, getting 37 boards from their lineup. The Bulls, on the other hand, were only able to muster two offensive rebounds out of 25. Again, astonishing. The Bulls also shot a measley 37% from the floor.
It was a huge win for Western Michigan’s long-time head coach Steve Hawkins, who collected his 300th win as a head coach by taking down his hosts to capture the Invitational title.
(photo: WMU athletics)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 5
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)