Nov 18, 2012, 5:44 PM EDT
Don’t you hate it when you invite someone into your home, and they strut around acting like they own the place?
That’s probably how the South Florida Bulls felt today, as they were bounced from the USF Invitational by the visiting Western Michigan Broncos. The team from Kalamazoo showed up at the Invitational and treated their hosts quite rudely, winning 58-53 in hostile territory.
The Bulls continue to turn in desultory rebounding performances, which is astonishing for a team with such frontline depth. The home team’s leading rebounder was 6’1″ guard Anthony Collins, who snagged 7 missed shots to go with his 12 assists.
Western Michigan was led by guard Brandon Pokley, who scored 15 points. The Broncos rebounded well as a team, getting 37 boards from their lineup. The Bulls, on the other hand, were only able to muster two offensive rebounds out of 25. Again, astonishing. The Bulls also shot a measley 37% from the floor.
It was a huge win for Western Michigan’s long-time head coach Steve Hawkins, who collected his 300th win as a head coach by taking down his hosts to capture the Invitational title.
(photo: WMU athletics)
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 1
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)