Nov 18, 2012, 5:44 PM EST
Don’t you hate it when you invite someone into your home, and they strut around acting like they own the place?
That’s probably how the South Florida Bulls felt today, as they were bounced from the USF Invitational by the visiting Western Michigan Broncos. The team from Kalamazoo showed up at the Invitational and treated their hosts quite rudely, winning 58-53 in hostile territory.
The Bulls continue to turn in desultory rebounding performances, which is astonishing for a team with such frontline depth. The home team’s leading rebounder was 6’1″ guard Anthony Collins, who snagged 7 missed shots to go with his 12 assists.
Western Michigan was led by guard Brandon Pokley, who scored 15 points. The Broncos rebounded well as a team, getting 37 boards from their lineup. The Bulls, on the other hand, were only able to muster two offensive rebounds out of 25. Again, astonishing. The Bulls also shot a measley 37% from the floor.
It was a huge win for Western Michigan’s long-time head coach Steve Hawkins, who collected his 300th win as a head coach by taking down his hosts to capture the Invitational title.
(photo: WMU athletics)
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (5)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)