Nov 18, 2012, 5:44 PM EST
Don’t you hate it when you invite someone into your home, and they strut around acting like they own the place?
That’s probably how the South Florida Bulls felt today, as they were bounced from the USF Invitational by the visiting Western Michigan Broncos. The team from Kalamazoo showed up at the Invitational and treated their hosts quite rudely, winning 58-53 in hostile territory.
The Bulls continue to turn in desultory rebounding performances, which is astonishing for a team with such frontline depth. The home team’s leading rebounder was 6’1″ guard Anthony Collins, who snagged 7 missed shots to go with his 12 assists.
Western Michigan was led by guard Brandon Pokley, who scored 15 points. The Broncos rebounded well as a team, getting 37 boards from their lineup. The Bulls, on the other hand, were only able to muster two offensive rebounds out of 25. Again, astonishing. The Bulls also shot a measley 37% from the floor.
It was a huge win for Western Michigan’s long-time head coach Steve Hawkins, who collected his 300th win as a head coach by taking down his hosts to capture the Invitational title.
(photo: WMU athletics)
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 7
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Wofford’s grueling start to the season began well before their 7:00 a.m. game 0
- No. 13 Gonzaga makes definitive statement with blowout of No. 22 SMU 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (9)
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Can the ACC produce four Final Four teams? (6)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Report: Kansas transfer Conner Frankamp considering Colorado, Wichita State (3)