Nov 19, 2012, 6:55 PM EDT
Ed Cooley has locked up a good one.
Brandon Austin, a 6-6, 170-pound wing out of Philadelphia, committed to Providence, per a series of tweets from his Twitter account.
“For College I Will Be Attending…….PROVIDENCE COLLEGE!!!” Austin tweeted.
Austin is a good get for Cooley, who is in the process of rebuilding the Friars. Austin is the no. 39 player in the nation according to Scout.com and the no. 10 small forward in the class. He picked Providence over UConn, Texas and Georgetown, among others. He joins Rodney Bullock in the Friars’ 2013 recruiting class.
Cooley will have a solid nucleus coming back next season and Austin just makes it better. The Friars already bagged two top-tier recruits on their roster with Kris Dunn and Ricardo Ledo. Not to mention, the top three scorers this season are juniors (Bryce Cotton and Kadeem Batts) and a sophomore (LaDontae Hinton). If Cooley can get even two to come back, the program will be one that could compete in the Big East next season with the departure of Syracuse and Pittsburgh.
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 4
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)