Nov 19, 2012, 6:55 PM EDT
Ed Cooley has locked up a good one.
Brandon Austin, a 6-6, 170-pound wing out of Philadelphia, committed to Providence, per a series of tweets from his Twitter account.
“For College I Will Be Attending…….PROVIDENCE COLLEGE!!!” Austin tweeted.
Austin is a good get for Cooley, who is in the process of rebuilding the Friars. Austin is the no. 39 player in the nation according to Scout.com and the no. 10 small forward in the class. He picked Providence over UConn, Texas and Georgetown, among others. He joins Rodney Bullock in the Friars’ 2013 recruiting class.
Cooley will have a solid nucleus coming back next season and Austin just makes it better. The Friars already bagged two top-tier recruits on their roster with Kris Dunn and Ricardo Ledo. Not to mention, the top three scorers this season are juniors (Bryce Cotton and Kadeem Batts) and a sophomore (LaDontae Hinton). If Cooley can get even two to come back, the program will be one that could compete in the Big East next season with the departure of Syracuse and Pittsburgh.
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (3)