Nov 19, 2012, 12:30 PM EDT
Oregon State got some bad news on Sunday night, as they found out that starting center Angus Brandt will be out for the rest of the season.
Head coach Craig Robinson tweeted out the bad news last night, but it’s really not all that surprising. There haven’t been details about the injury released yet, but our Daniel Martin snapped this picture from Friday, when Brandt went down. Yes, that’s a stretcher next to him on the court.
Brandt was averaging 11.3 points and 8.5 rebounds this seasons. He was also shooting 5-12 from three, which made him a perfect fit for the Beaver’s offense.
There is a bit of a silver lining here: Brandt’s injury came early enough in the season that he’ll be able to receive a medical hardship waiver and return next season.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)