Nov 19, 2012, 12:30 PM EDT
Oregon State got some bad news on Sunday night, as they found out that starting center Angus Brandt will be out for the rest of the season.
Head coach Craig Robinson tweeted out the bad news last night, but it’s really not all that surprising. There haven’t been details about the injury released yet, but our Daniel Martin snapped this picture from Friday, when Brandt went down. Yes, that’s a stretcher next to him on the court.
Brandt was averaging 11.3 points and 8.5 rebounds this seasons. He was also shooting 5-12 from three, which made him a perfect fit for the Beaver’s offense.
There is a bit of a silver lining here: Brandt’s injury came early enough in the season that he’ll be able to receive a medical hardship waiver and return next season.
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- CBT Quotables Part IV: The Lawsons, Stephen Zimmerman, Malik Monk 1
- Peach Jam Saturday Recap: Rabb, Zimmerman go big, Chris Clarke goes hard, Lawson bros advance 0
- Nike Peach Jam Saturday Recap: Jayson Tatum, DeAndre Ayton and Briscoe vs. Trier 0
- Peach Jam Recruiting Notebook: Jamal Murray plays well, Tyler Davis has big day, Juwan Morgan likes two 0
- Skipping college makes Emmanuel Mudiay the most important player in 2014 class (5)
- Study says Louisville has the best fanbase for second straight season (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)