Nov 19, 2012, 12:30 PM EDT
Oregon State got some bad news on Sunday night, as they found out that starting center Angus Brandt will be out for the rest of the season.
Head coach Craig Robinson tweeted out the bad news last night, but it’s really not all that surprising. There haven’t been details about the injury released yet, but our Daniel Martin snapped this picture from Friday, when Brandt went down. Yes, that’s a stretcher next to him on the court.
Brandt was averaging 11.3 points and 8.5 rebounds this seasons. He was also shooting 5-12 from three, which made him a perfect fit for the Beaver’s offense.
There is a bit of a silver lining here: Brandt’s injury came early enough in the season that he’ll be able to receive a medical hardship waiver and return next season.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)