Nov 19, 2012, 12:30 PM EDT
Oregon State got some bad news on Sunday night, as they found out that starting center Angus Brandt will be out for the rest of the season.
Head coach Craig Robinson tweeted out the bad news last night, but it’s really not all that surprising. There haven’t been details about the injury released yet, but our Daniel Martin snapped this picture from Friday, when Brandt went down. Yes, that’s a stretcher next to him on the court.
Brandt was averaging 11.3 points and 8.5 rebounds this seasons. He was also shooting 5-12 from three, which made him a perfect fit for the Beaver’s offense.
There is a bit of a silver lining here: Brandt’s injury came early enough in the season that he’ll be able to receive a medical hardship waiver and return next season.
- Report: Rutgers AD inflicted “mental cruelty” in her own coaching days 0
- Next college hoops season will begin and end in Texas 0
- The key to recruiting Myles Turner: a good psychology department? 0
- Green Bay will retain head coach Brian Wardle 2
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ 5
- Report: Kevin Stallings blocks Sheldon Jeter’s transfer to Pitt (5)
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ (5)
- Steven Pearl, BBQ jokes and a Tennessee radio ad (4)
- Kentucky phenoms choose 2013-14 preparation over other possibilities (4)
- Bill Self, redshirts, and the Power of Andrew Wiggins (4)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PBT: Spurs rally to beat Grizzlies in OT, take 3-0 lead
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile