Nov 19, 2012, 12:30 PM EDT
Oregon State got some bad news on Sunday night, as they found out that starting center Angus Brandt will be out for the rest of the season.
Head coach Craig Robinson tweeted out the bad news last night, but it’s really not all that surprising. There haven’t been details about the injury released yet, but our Daniel Martin snapped this picture from Friday, when Brandt went down. Yes, that’s a stretcher next to him on the court.
Brandt was averaging 11.3 points and 8.5 rebounds this seasons. He was also shooting 5-12 from three, which made him a perfect fit for the Beaver’s offense.
There is a bit of a silver lining here: Brandt’s injury came early enough in the season that he’ll be able to receive a medical hardship waiver and return next season.
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 6
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)