Nov 19, 2012, 6:19 PM EDT
The headline might be a bit of a lie, Butler’s Rotnei Clarke throws up so many prayers from deep, I guess they can’t qualify as “miracles”.
Nonetheless the fifth-year senior took the ball up the floor, weaved across halfcourt and hit the running, one-hander as the buzzer went off to sink Marquette 72-71 in a Maui Invitational classic. Clarke then got mobbed near the Bulldogs’ bench as the little gym at Chaminade University rocked.
Clarke had an off day, hitting just 7-of-21 shots and 4-of-14 from three for 20 points. Not that it matters when you hit a HORSE-style to win the game on national television. The “nation’s best shooter” strikes again.
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Dayton unveils new logo, court and basketball uniforms (2)