Nov 19, 2012, 6:19 PM EDT
The headline might be a bit of a lie, Butler’s Rotnei Clarke throws up so many prayers from deep, I guess they can’t qualify as “miracles”.
Nonetheless the fifth-year senior took the ball up the floor, weaved across halfcourt and hit the running, one-hander as the buzzer went off to sink Marquette 72-71 in a Maui Invitational classic. Clarke then got mobbed near the Bulldogs’ bench as the little gym at Chaminade University rocked.
Clarke had an off day, hitting just 7-of-21 shots and 4-of-14 from three for 20 points. Not that it matters when you hit a HORSE-style to win the game on national television. The “nation’s best shooter” strikes again.
- Arizona lands four-star center to potential No. 1 recruiting class in 2015 2
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility 2
- In-state power forward verbally commits to UConn 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight 6
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Born without a right hand, Omar Ndiaye looking for his chance 0
- Illinois starting point guard suffers season-ending knee injury 1
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Report: Providence legend Marvin ‘Bad News’ Barnes passes away (2)
- Villanova lands commitment from five-star point guard Jalen Brunson (2)