Nov 19, 2012, 6:19 PM EST
The headline might be a bit of a lie, Butler’s Rotnei Clarke throws up so many prayers from deep, I guess they can’t qualify as “miracles”.
Nonetheless the fifth-year senior took the ball up the floor, weaved across halfcourt and hit the running, one-hander as the buzzer went off to sink Marquette 72-71 in a Maui Invitational classic. Clarke then got mobbed near the Bulldogs’ bench as the little gym at Chaminade University rocked.
Clarke had an off day, hitting just 7-of-21 shots and 4-of-14 from three for 20 points. Not that it matters when you hit a HORSE-style to win the game on national television. The “nation’s best shooter” strikes again.
- The Chase for 180: Jahii Carson’s improved jump shot 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top Ten Most Surprising Teams 0
- Two losses in a row? Three in 11 days? Oh well. Don’t give up on Kansas just yet 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Ten Most Disappointing Players 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Player of the Year Power Rankings 2
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- Congratulations to Dickie V on 35 years of broadcasting (VIDEO) (2)
- VCU’s half court scoring issues becoming a concern? (2)