Nov 19, 2012, 6:19 PM EDT
The headline might be a bit of a lie, Butler’s Rotnei Clarke throws up so many prayers from deep, I guess they can’t qualify as “miracles”.
Nonetheless the fifth-year senior took the ball up the floor, weaved across halfcourt and hit the running, one-hander as the buzzer went off to sink Marquette 72-71 in a Maui Invitational classic. Clarke then got mobbed near the Bulldogs’ bench as the little gym at Chaminade University rocked.
Clarke had an off day, hitting just 7-of-21 shots and 4-of-14 from three for 20 points. Not that it matters when you hit a HORSE-style to win the game on national television. The “nation’s best shooter” strikes again.
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 0
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (8)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (4)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (3)