Nov 19, 2012, 6:19 PM EDT
The headline might be a bit of a lie, Butler’s Rotnei Clarke throws up so many prayers from deep, I guess they can’t qualify as “miracles”.
Nonetheless the fifth-year senior took the ball up the floor, weaved across halfcourt and hit the running, one-hander as the buzzer went off to sink Marquette 72-71 in a Maui Invitational classic. Clarke then got mobbed near the Bulldogs’ bench as the little gym at Chaminade University rocked.
Clarke had an off day, hitting just 7-of-21 shots and 4-of-14 from three for 20 points. Not that it matters when you hit a HORSE-style to win the game on national television. The “nation’s best shooter” strikes again.
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)