Nov 20, 2012, 11:47 AM EDT
Kentucky guard Ryan Harrow could return to practice Tuesday after missing time due to illness, coach John Calipari said on his weekly radio show Monday night.
Harrow has not played in a game since the Wildcats’ season-opening win over Maryland at Barclays Center when he went scoreless in 10 minutes on the floor. Reports after that game were that he was suffering from early symptoms of this illness.
It is still unclear as to whether Harrow will play Wednesday against Morehead State. According to Calipari, Harrow has lost seven pounds since the onset of the illness.
With or without Harrow, Kentucky heads into Wednesday night’s game against Morehead State at 2-1, having lost to Duke last week and following that with a blowout win over Lafayette.
In Harrow’s absence, transfer Julius Mays and freshman Archie Goodwin have shouldered much of the load in the backcourt, along with a smaller number of minutes for former walk-on Jarrod Polson.
Tip-off for Kentucky-Morehead State is scheduled for 7 p.m.
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 7
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (7)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)