Nov 20, 2012, 11:47 AM EST
Kentucky guard Ryan Harrow could return to practice Tuesday after missing time due to illness, coach John Calipari said on his weekly radio show Monday night.
Harrow has not played in a game since the Wildcats’ season-opening win over Maryland at Barclays Center when he went scoreless in 10 minutes on the floor. Reports after that game were that he was suffering from early symptoms of this illness.
It is still unclear as to whether Harrow will play Wednesday against Morehead State. According to Calipari, Harrow has lost seven pounds since the onset of the illness.
With or without Harrow, Kentucky heads into Wednesday night’s game against Morehead State at 2-1, having lost to Duke last week and following that with a blowout win over Lafayette.
In Harrow’s absence, transfer Julius Mays and freshman Archie Goodwin have shouldered much of the load in the backcourt, along with a smaller number of minutes for former walk-on Jarrod Polson.
Tip-off for Kentucky-Morehead State is scheduled for 7 p.m.
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)