Nov 21, 2012, 12:26 PM EDT
Florida coach Billy Donovan has expressed a desire to continue the canceled game between his Gators and Georgetown that took place aboard the USS Bataan Nov. 9, the Palm Beach Post is reporting.
The game was canceled at halftime due to continuously accumulating condensation on the court’s surface. Florida was leading, 27-23, at the time.
“I think our school is waiting to hear back from Georgetown,” he told the paper. “Our school is in favor of making that happen. I know there’s a phone call in to discuss the possibility of finishing the game.
“I don’t know what their feeling is on it, but our feeling is the game was scheduled to play and it’s almost like the game didn’t even occur. Both teams agreed to play before the year started. Let’s just play a game and help each other out here.”
Both Florida and Georgetown have incentive to make the move, being that the other is in the Top 25 (or soon to be) and a victory would help a postseason resume.
Impediments to the move would still include location, scheduling, and cost of travel.
“It came up this week, and I was asked, ‘Are you interested?’ Yeah,” Georgetown coach John Thompson III said after his team’s loss to Indiana in Brooklyn Tuesday night. “I’m not opposed to it. We’ve got to see what happens. A whole lot of things have to fall into place.”
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 0
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 9
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California 10
- Sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein returning to Kentucky 5
- Montrezl Harrell will be returning to Louisville for his junior season 0
- John Calipari reveals what ‘the tweak’ actually was 5
- UMass guard Derrick Gordon becomes first openly gay Division I basketball player (31)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Lacey Holsworth, Adreian Payne’s eight-year-old friend, loses her battle with cancer (9)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (9)