Nov 21, 2012, 12:26 PM EDT
Florida coach Billy Donovan has expressed a desire to continue the canceled game between his Gators and Georgetown that took place aboard the USS Bataan Nov. 9, the Palm Beach Post is reporting.
The game was canceled at halftime due to continuously accumulating condensation on the court’s surface. Florida was leading, 27-23, at the time.
“I think our school is waiting to hear back from Georgetown,” he told the paper. “Our school is in favor of making that happen. I know there’s a phone call in to discuss the possibility of finishing the game.
“I don’t know what their feeling is on it, but our feeling is the game was scheduled to play and it’s almost like the game didn’t even occur. Both teams agreed to play before the year started. Let’s just play a game and help each other out here.”
Both Florida and Georgetown have incentive to make the move, being that the other is in the Top 25 (or soon to be) and a victory would help a postseason resume.
Impediments to the move would still include location, scheduling, and cost of travel.
“It came up this week, and I was asked, ‘Are you interested?’ Yeah,” Georgetown coach John Thompson III said after his team’s loss to Indiana in Brooklyn Tuesday night. “I’m not opposed to it. We’ve got to see what happens. A whole lot of things have to fall into place.”
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 6 Virginia Cavaliers 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: College Basketball Dream Team 0
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)