Nov 21, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
Jack Taylor, a sophomore guard at Grinnell College (D-III) scored 138 points on Tuesday Night in the Pioneers 179-104 win over Faith baptist Bible College.
What you just read is not a mistake. 138 points in a 179-104 ball game.
Here is just a brief look at how some of Taylor’s numbers stacked up against Division-I on Tuesday night, and history in general:
The last time a team scored at least 138 points against another D-I team in regulation was TCU in December of 1999 (Beat Grambling 143-110).
The last game involving two D-I teams in which either side scored as many as Jack Taylor was St. Francis (NY) beating Long Island 142-140 in 2OT in February of 2003.
Jack Taylor had more points tonight than any D-I team this year (Northern Colorado scored 127 against Southwest on 11/10).
There were 42 games on Tuesday night that did not feature as many total points scored as Jack Taylor.
On Tuesday, Jack Taylor would have beaten Navy, Savannah State and Howard ALL TOGETHER by 11. (45+40+40=127).
On Tuesday, Jack Taylor would have also taken Ball State, TCU, and Duquesne ALL TOGETHER into overtime.(48+47+43=138)
Only 14 D-I teams took as many 3-point attempts in their games on Tuesday as Jack Taylor made in his (27). He took more 3-pointers than second and third closest teams combined. In fact, no two teams combined to make as many 3-pointers in a single game on Tuesday as Jack Taylor did.
Most 3-point attempts by a single team on Tuesday night:
Jack Taylor – 71
Utah Valley – 42
Wisconsin – 37
Iowa State – 33
Lafayette – 32
Columbia – 31
Texas Southern – 31
Alabama A&M – 30
Boston U – 29
Albany – 29
UC-Santa Cruz – 28
Bethune-Cookman – 28
Arizona State – 27
Charleston Southern – 27
Southeast Missouri – 27
Jack Taylor – 27 (Makes)
Jack Taylor has officially won the entire week.
Make sure to also check out NBC Sport’s exclusive interview with Jack Taylor following his historic night.
(Photo courtesy of Cory Hall via Grinnell College)
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 7
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)