Michigan State will reportedly be without freshman Gary Harris for at least two weeks after shoulder injury
Nov 21, 2012, 11:02 AM EDT
Michigan State freshman guard Gary Harris is expected to miss at least two weeks after injuring his shoulder early in the first half of Michigan State’s 74-70 win over Boise State Tuesday, coach Tom Izzo said.
“Harris is not good, don’t know what it is yet,” Izzo told MLive.com, but said a worst-case scenario would keep the freshman out “a lot, lot, lot, lot longer.”
“I’m not saying it was a flagrant foul, but it was a good hit. He got hit pretty good on a moving screen and knocked it out.”
Harris had been averaging 16 points per game through his first three contests with the Spartans in 2012-13, including a career-high 19 in a win over Texas Southern on Sunday. He won the Big Ten Freshman of the Week for his efforts.
He is an immediate contributor for Michigan State after being ranked as a Top-15 recruit in the Class of 2012.
If Harris ends up missing two full weeks, he would miss four or five games. Those would be non-conference match-ups with Oakland, UL-Lafayette, Miami, Nicholls State, and possibly Arkansas-Pine Bluff.
Michigan State returns to the floor Friday against Oakland.
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 4
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)