Michigan State will reportedly be without freshman Gary Harris for at least two weeks after shoulder injury
Nov 21, 2012, 11:02 AM EDT
Michigan State freshman guard Gary Harris is expected to miss at least two weeks after injuring his shoulder early in the first half of Michigan State’s 74-70 win over Boise State Tuesday, coach Tom Izzo said.
“Harris is not good, don’t know what it is yet,” Izzo told MLive.com, but said a worst-case scenario would keep the freshman out “a lot, lot, lot, lot longer.”
“I’m not saying it was a flagrant foul, but it was a good hit. He got hit pretty good on a moving screen and knocked it out.”
Harris had been averaging 16 points per game through his first three contests with the Spartans in 2012-13, including a career-high 19 in a win over Texas Southern on Sunday. He won the Big Ten Freshman of the Week for his efforts.
He is an immediate contributor for Michigan State after being ranked as a Top-15 recruit in the Class of 2012.
If Harris ends up missing two full weeks, he would miss four or five games. Those would be non-conference match-ups with Oakland, UL-Lafayette, Miami, Nicholls State, and possibly Arkansas-Pine Bluff.
Michigan State returns to the floor Friday against Oakland.
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 0
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)