Michigan State will reportedly be without freshman Gary Harris for at least two weeks after shoulder injury
Nov 21, 2012, 11:02 AM EST
Michigan State freshman guard Gary Harris is expected to miss at least two weeks after injuring his shoulder early in the first half of Michigan State’s 74-70 win over Boise State Tuesday, coach Tom Izzo said.
“Harris is not good, don’t know what it is yet,” Izzo told MLive.com, but said a worst-case scenario would keep the freshman out “a lot, lot, lot, lot longer.”
“I’m not saying it was a flagrant foul, but it was a good hit. He got hit pretty good on a moving screen and knocked it out.”
Harris had been averaging 16 points per game through his first three contests with the Spartans in 2012-13, including a career-high 19 in a win over Texas Southern on Sunday. He won the Big Ten Freshman of the Week for his efforts.
He is an immediate contributor for Michigan State after being ranked as a Top-15 recruit in the Class of 2012.
If Harris ends up missing two full weeks, he would miss four or five games. Those would be non-conference match-ups with Oakland, UL-Lafayette, Miami, Nicholls State, and possibly Arkansas-Pine Bluff.
Michigan State returns to the floor Friday against Oakland.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)