Nov 22, 2012, 1:00 PM EST
Morehead State acquitted itself quite well for much of their 81-70 loss at Kentucky on Wednesday night, but because of an on-court altercation involving head coach Sean Woods and point guard Devon Atkinson few have discussed the game itself.
It’s been reported today that the school is looking into Woods’ behavior during that moment, and possible disciplinary measures could come as soon as Friday.
Woods, in his first season at Morehead State after spending five seasons at Mississippi Valley State, was also seen during the Eagles’ November 12 game at Maryland yelling in the face of center Chad Posthumus.
It will be interesting to see how the school addresses this, but to say the least this isn’t the best way for a coach to begin his first season on the job. Woods led Mississippi Valley State to the NCAA tournament last season and the Delta Devils improved their win total in each of his four seasons at the school.
Morehead State was picked to finish fourth in the East Division of the OVC due in large part to the presence of 13 newcomers, but there is some talent at Woods’ disposal. Milton Chavis scored 23 points off the bench last night, and as a team the Eagles grabbed 16 offensive rebounds against the bigger Wildcats.
Morehead State is capable of surprising some people in the OVC, but having to deal with issues such as this one don’t help matters. The sooner this gets resolved the better.
Mar 2, 2015, 10:00 AM EST
Sulaimon was dismissed from the team in January of this year.
Mar 2, 2015, 9:27 AM EST
The latest bracket projections from our Dave Ommen.
Mar 2, 2015, 8:30 AM EST
Baylor picked up two huge wins, while Pointer led the Johnnies into the tournament this week.
Mar 2, 2015, 6:10 AM EST
Kentucky is still No. 1, but there’s a bit of a shake-up in the rest of the top ten.
Mar 1, 2015, 10:21 PM EST
Oregon is 6-0 in games decided by five points or less this season. Bell’s key plays factored into the Ducks getting that sixth win on Sunday.
Mar 1, 2015, 10:08 PM EST
Who were Sunday’s bubble winners and losers?
Late Night Snacks: No. 5 Wisconsin wraps up share of Big Ten title while Pitt, Stanford suffer damaging losses
Mar 1, 2015, 10:05 PM EST
Wisconsin hadn’t won the Big Ten since 2008, although they’ve never finished worse than fourth during Bo Ryan’s tenure in Madison.
Mar 1, 2015, 9:57 PM EST
The Governors have posted four consecutive losing seasons, but their top three scorers are expected back in 2015-16.
Mar 1, 2015, 6:29 PM EST
Davon Dillard announced his commitment to Cal Sunday afternoon. The Golden Bears hope to reel in the two big men who were also on campus in Ivan Rabb and Caleb Swanigan.
Mar 1, 2015, 5:11 PM EST
Austin Nichols injured his ankle early in the second half of Memphis’ loss
Mar 1, 2015, 4:30 PM EST
Northeastern’s Devon Begley had to deal with a unique defender, the mop boy, while scoring off of a steal against College of Charleston.
Mar 1, 2015, 3:35 PM EST
Rodney Purvis just crushed this dunk.
Mar 1, 2015, 2:00 PM EST
Michigan point guard Spike Albrecht has been battling a hip injury this season.
Mar 1, 2015, 12:45 PM EST
Maryland might miss Michal Cekovsky for some time after the freshman big man was injured during warm-ups on Saturday.
Mar 1, 2015, 11:30 AM EST
Kaelon Wilson put it on a defender on Saturday.
Mar 1, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Kansas State picked up a Class of 2015 guard commitment on Sunday.
Mar 1, 2015, 9:00 AM EST
A quiet Sunday features some bubble teams clashing.
Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners
Mar 1, 2015, 2:11 AM EST
No. 1 Kentucky moved to 29-0, and No. 6 Villanova came back to win at Xavier.
Mar 1, 2015, 1:18 AM EST
Will the Zags even stay out west?
Mar 1, 2015, 12:43 AM EST
In a game that saw both teams struggle to find their rhythm, “Zeus” and Gabe York came up big for Arizona.
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 1
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 4
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (14)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)