Nov 22, 2012, 1:00 PM EST
Morehead State acquitted itself quite well for much of their 81-70 loss at Kentucky on Wednesday night, but because of an on-court altercation involving head coach Sean Woods and point guard Devon Atkinson few have discussed the game itself.
It’s been reported today that the school is looking into Woods’ behavior during that moment, and possible disciplinary measures could come as soon as Friday.
Woods, in his first season at Morehead State after spending five seasons at Mississippi Valley State, was also seen during the Eagles’ November 12 game at Maryland yelling in the face of center Chad Posthumus.
It will be interesting to see how the school addresses this, but to say the least this isn’t the best way for a coach to begin his first season on the job. Woods led Mississippi Valley State to the NCAA tournament last season and the Delta Devils improved their win total in each of his four seasons at the school.
Morehead State was picked to finish fourth in the East Division of the OVC due in large part to the presence of 13 newcomers, but there is some talent at Woods’ disposal. Milton Chavis scored 23 points off the bench last night, and as a team the Eagles grabbed 16 offensive rebounds against the bigger Wildcats.
Morehead State is capable of surprising some people in the OVC, but having to deal with issues such as this one don’t help matters. The sooner this gets resolved the better.
Dec 17, 2014, 10:33 PM EST
Copes played in just four games this season due to injury.
Dec 17, 2014, 10:07 PM EST
The best part is that it was very much intentional
Dec 17, 2014, 9:20 PM EST
Delaware State’s Amere May scored more points than anyone in college basketball has this season.
Dec 17, 2014, 8:19 PM EST
With Lavon Long and Brett Bisping now sidelined, the Saints are without their two best rebounders.
Dec 17, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
Defense and turnovers will be the keys for Texas when Big 12 play begins.
Dec 17, 2014, 5:56 PM EST
After shooting 40.7% from the field and 29.4% from three as a sophomore, Anderson’s off to a hot start for the sixth-ranked Cavaliers.
Dec 17, 2014, 4:26 PM EST
With these dismissals Dayton has no eligible players taller than 6-foot-6.
Dec 17, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
This may be the most interesting night of hoops this week.
Dec 17, 2014, 3:44 PM EST
What changes will Kansas make to get better by March?
Dec 17, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
They are so short-handed that even the head coach is participating in practices.
Dec 17, 2014, 1:53 PM EST
Treadwell was accused of assaulting a member of the women’s team.
Dec 17, 2014, 1:00 PM EST
DeVaughn Akoon-Purcell broke his right hand in a win over DePaul.
Dec 17, 2014, 11:16 AM EST
The Shockers miss Cleanthony Early, but how much will this hurt them in the long-term?
Dec 17, 2014, 10:33 AM EST
This is one of the most surprising posterizeds we’ve seen this year.
Dec 17, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
Michigan State lost a lot of talent and experience from a title contender last season, but they’ve remained a top 25 team thanks to tremendous three-point shooting.
Dec 17, 2014, 7:00 AM EST
Who doesn’t love buzzer-beaters, especially when they’re from half court?
Dec 17, 2014, 12:58 AM EST
That’s one heartbreaking way to lose a game.
Late Night Snacks: Wichita State mounts furious comeback on Alabama, Myles Turner has big night for Texas
Dec 16, 2014, 11:55 PM EST
Myles Turner has a monster night.
Dec 16, 2014, 11:49 PM EST
Wichita State found a way to win in a thrilling home game against Alabama.
Dec 16, 2014, 10:10 PM EST
Creighton will be without a reserve guard for an undetermined period of time.
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 1
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- The Ten Most Important Midseason Additions 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: New faces are popping up in our top ten 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (5)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (4)