Nov 23, 2012, 11:53 PM EDT
One of the best available recruits in the Class of 2013, Julius Randle (Prestonwood Christian/Plano, TX) announced more visits in the upcoming months.
According to the Dallas Morning News, Randle, a 6-foot-9 power forward, will visit Kansas and Texas next month, while heading to North Carolina State on Jan. 26.
Randle had previously narrowed his list of offers to Kansas, Texas, N.C. State, Kentucky, Florida, and Oklahoma. Randle has already visited Kentucky and Florida. He was in Lexington in September, while visiting Gainesville in October.
Randle has a high ceiling for his skill set. He is very explosive and has great bounce. A hard working rebounder with his strength and size, but his offensive game is tough to matchup with. Randle also has the ability to put the ball on the floor.
Kentucky has already locked up guards Andrew and Aaron Harrison, along with small forward James Young. John Calipari still has his eyes set up a few more recruits including No. 1 overall player Andrew Wiggins (Huntington Prep/Thornhill, ONT.) and fellow power forward Aaron Gordon (Archbishop Mitty/San Jose, CA).
According to Jason Jordan of USA Today, last month Andrew Harrison told him that he and his brother are actively recruiting Randle to join them at UK.
N.C. State has already landed big men Kyle Washington (Brewster Academy/Champlin, MN) and Beejay Anya (DeMatha Catholic/Gaithersburg, MD).
Florida is also in contention for some of the best frontcourt players in the country with small forward Jabari Parker (Simeon/Chicago IL) and center Dakari Johnson (Montverde Academy, New York, NY). Johnson is also considering Kansas.
- Kyle Wiltjer to return to Gonzaga for his senior season 0
- Utah’s Jakob Poeltl will return to school for his sophomore season 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Former Kansas State guard transferring to Creighton 0
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)