Nov 23, 2012, 11:53 PM EST
One of the best available recruits in the Class of 2013, Julius Randle (Prestonwood Christian/Plano, TX) announced more visits in the upcoming months.
According to the Dallas Morning News, Randle, a 6-foot-9 power forward, will visit Kansas and Texas next month, while heading to North Carolina State on Jan. 26.
Randle had previously narrowed his list of offers to Kansas, Texas, N.C. State, Kentucky, Florida, and Oklahoma. Randle has already visited Kentucky and Florida. He was in Lexington in September, while visiting Gainesville in October.
Randle has a high ceiling for his skill set. He is very explosive and has great bounce. A hard working rebounder with his strength and size, but his offensive game is tough to matchup with. Randle also has the ability to put the ball on the floor.
Kentucky has already locked up guards Andrew and Aaron Harrison, along with small forward James Young. John Calipari still has his eyes set up a few more recruits including No. 1 overall player Andrew Wiggins (Huntington Prep/Thornhill, ONT.) and fellow power forward Aaron Gordon (Archbishop Mitty/San Jose, CA).
According to Jason Jordan of USA Today, last month Andrew Harrison told him that he and his brother are actively recruiting Randle to join them at UK.
N.C. State has already landed big men Kyle Washington (Brewster Academy/Champlin, MN) and Beejay Anya (DeMatha Catholic/Gaithersburg, MD).
Florida is also in contention for some of the best frontcourt players in the country with small forward Jabari Parker (Simeon/Chicago IL) and center Dakari Johnson (Montverde Academy, New York, NY). Johnson is also considering Kansas.
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 5
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 12
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 3
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)