Nov 23, 2012, 11:53 PM EST
One of the best available recruits in the Class of 2013, Julius Randle (Prestonwood Christian/Plano, TX) announced more visits in the upcoming months.
According to the Dallas Morning News, Randle, a 6-foot-9 power forward, will visit Kansas and Texas next month, while heading to North Carolina State on Jan. 26.
Randle had previously narrowed his list of offers to Kansas, Texas, N.C. State, Kentucky, Florida, and Oklahoma. Randle has already visited Kentucky and Florida. He was in Lexington in September, while visiting Gainesville in October.
Randle has a high ceiling for his skill set. He is very explosive and has great bounce. A hard working rebounder with his strength and size, but his offensive game is tough to matchup with. Randle also has the ability to put the ball on the floor.
Kentucky has already locked up guards Andrew and Aaron Harrison, along with small forward James Young. John Calipari still has his eyes set up a few more recruits including No. 1 overall player Andrew Wiggins (Huntington Prep/Thornhill, ONT.) and fellow power forward Aaron Gordon (Archbishop Mitty/San Jose, CA).
According to Jason Jordan of USA Today, last month Andrew Harrison told him that he and his brother are actively recruiting Randle to join them at UK.
N.C. State has already landed big men Kyle Washington (Brewster Academy/Champlin, MN) and Beejay Anya (DeMatha Catholic/Gaithersburg, MD).
Florida is also in contention for some of the best frontcourt players in the country with small forward Jabari Parker (Simeon/Chicago IL) and center Dakari Johnson (Montverde Academy, New York, NY). Johnson is also considering Kansas.
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 1
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- The Ten Most Important Midseason Additions 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: New faces are popping up in our top ten 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (5)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (4)