Nov 24, 2012, 3:47 PM EDT
Kevin Ollie has the Connecticut Huskies playing well in his first season as the head coach in Storrs, but he’ll have to overcome some injuries to his players that could hurt his bench’s depth, moving forward.
Senior guard R.J. Evans will miss “significant time,” according to the school, after suffering a sternoclavicular sprain. The sprain is at the point where the collarbone meets the sternum, the bone at the center of one’s ribcage.
Evans had been averaging 5.8 points and 1.6 steals in close to 21 minutes per game for the Huskies so far in 2012-13. His best game of the season came Nov. 13 against Vermont, when he scored 11 points on 5-of-5 shooting from the field.
The school also announced that freshman forward Leon Tolksdorf is day-to-day with a sprained LCL in his knee.
Tolksdorf, a native of Germany, has appeared in games against Vermont and Wake Forest this year for UConn, scoring one point in four minutes against the Demon Deacons.
Connecticut is coming off a loss to New Mexico, its first loss of the season, and returns to the floor against Stony Brook Sunday at 4 p.m.
- Green Bay will retain head coach Brian Wardle 1
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ 3
- Bringing in ex-Gator Cody Larson worth the risk South Dakota State 0
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 3
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Report: Kevin Stallings blocks Sheldon Jeter’s transfer to Pitt (5)
- Kentucky phenoms choose 2013-14 preparation over other possibilities (4)
- Duke signee Semi Ojeleye named Parade Magazine Player of the Year (3)
- Steven Pearl, BBQ jokes and a Tennessee radio ad (3)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights