Nov 24, 2012, 12:29 AM EDT
Things have been looking up for Michigan State following a season-opening loss to UConn in Germany. The Spartans have won four straight and late Friday night, Tom Izzo and his club received some good news regarding a pair of guards.
According to Diamond Leung of MLive.com, sophomore guard Travis Trice will return for Wednesday’s game against Miami (FL). Freshman guard Gary Harris will miss at least two weeks, recovering from a shoulder injury suffered in Tuesday’s win over Boise State, but the talented freshman will avoid surgery.
“We’ve got some worries there yet, but it was a big relief that he didn’t need surgery, and he is a tough kid,” Izzo told Leung. ” He wants to be able to shoot already.”
Entering the win against Boise State, the 6-foot-4 Harris was averaging 16 points per game. Trice, hasn’t played since the season’s first game against UConn, a game where he suffered a concussion and broken nose. According to Leung, the 6-foot-0 Trice has yet to return to practice, but did take part in a light workout or shooting and riding a bike.
Michigan State plays Louisiana-Lafayette on Sunday, but will “definitely” play in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge against the Hurricanes next week.
The return of Michigan State’s young backcourt talent will compliment the play of junior point guard Keith Appling, who is averaging 15.5 points and 4.5 assists so far this season.
Trice has only played 18 minutes this season. Harris had made immediate contributions, even earning Big Ten Freshmen of the Week honors for his play against Kansas and Texas Southern.
Jul 3, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
The top four players remain the same.
Jul 3, 2015, 9:19 PM EDT
The redshirt junior has not played since January 2014.
Jul 3, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
The rising sophomore was originally being blocked from transferring to 55 schools.
Jul 3, 2015, 6:08 PM EDT
Ohio State begins its 2017 class with a local product.
Jul 3, 2015, 4:30 PM EDT
Jalen Brunson led USA Basketball with 17 points.
Jul 3, 2015, 3:03 PM EDT
Given Oregon’s many perimeter options, minutes were likely to be at a premium for Rorie in 2015-16.
Jul 3, 2015, 2:10 PM EDT
A lot of unranked players made their way into the top five in a surprisingly deep class.
Jul 3, 2015, 1:40 PM EDT
Jalen Brunson led four Americans in double figures with 17 points.
Jul 3, 2015, 11:30 AM EDT
Minnesota is one of four schools the 6-foot-10 center is reportedly considering.
Jul 3, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
The lone school to host the Georgia native on an official visit is considered to be the favorite in this recruiting race.
Jul 2, 2015, 7:40 PM EDT
Oregon still has a date to fill (December 29), which the school expects to be filled by an in-state opponent.
Jul 2, 2015, 4:30 PM EDT
This is nasty.
Jul 2, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
The Class of 2007 produced some very good players, including one who’s an NBA MVP and others who have developed into perennial all-stars.
Jul 2, 2015, 2:53 PM EDT
I’m a big fan of these, particularly the dark grey ones.
Jul 2, 2015, 12:43 PM EDT
Cell phone addiction is a national crisis.
Jul 2, 2015, 12:17 PM EDT
Can anyone guess what that moment is?
Jul 2, 2015, 10:09 AM EDT
This is something else.
Jul 2, 2015, 9:27 AM EDT
The Golden Bears should still be alright this season.
Jul 1, 2015, 10:05 PM EDT
Dillard becomes Oklahoma State’s fourth addition to the program.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)