Nov 25, 2012, 8:13 PM EDT
BYU fans certainly don’t lack for creativity when it comes to getting Jabari Parker, one of the top prospects in the 2013 class, to understand just how much they want to see him in a Cougar uniform.
There were the “Chicago to Provo” T-shirts that some 6,300 fans were expected to wear to BYU’s game against Cal State Northridge on Saturday with Parker taking his official visit, and now there’s a music video.
Yes, a couple BYU fans have taken the liberty to remake Psy’s “Gangnam Style” in honor of Parker, calling it “Parker Style.” Enjoy.
Parker is also considering Duke, Florida, Michigan State and Stanford, and this isn’t the first time in a player’s recruitment that a fan base has done anything possible to show how much they want him to commit.
Will “Parker Style” get Jabari to Provo? We’ll have to wait and see, but nothing wrong with fans going the extra mile.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- NBA Draft Winners: Seven teams that should be happy with their draft (3)