Nov 25, 2012, 1:17 PM EDT
Louisville was without junior center Gorgui Dieng in its 76-71 loss to Duke Saturday in the Battle 4 Atlantis and the Cardinals could be without the 6-11 junior for an extended period of time.
According to Jeff Goodman of CBSSports.com, the extent of Dieng’s injury is unknown and he will undergo tests when the team returns to Louisville. At that time, coach Rick Pitino and the Cardinals can make a determination as to how long he will be out.
“I’d say if he broke it, it’ll be four to six weeks Pitino said Saturday. “If it’s a sprain, it could be two or three weeks. He’ll probably miss Saturday’s game.”
Dieng injured the wrist Friday against Missouri when he feel awkwardly after getting knocked down on the defensive end of the floor. Louisville will miss his presence as one of the nation’s best shotblockers, along with his 8.0 points and 8.2 rebounds per game.
Louisville returns home to face Illinois State on Dec. 1.
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 1
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)