Nov 25, 2012, 1:17 PM EDT
Louisville was without junior center Gorgui Dieng in its 76-71 loss to Duke Saturday in the Battle 4 Atlantis and the Cardinals could be without the 6-11 junior for an extended period of time.
According to Jeff Goodman of CBSSports.com, the extent of Dieng’s injury is unknown and he will undergo tests when the team returns to Louisville. At that time, coach Rick Pitino and the Cardinals can make a determination as to how long he will be out.
“I’d say if he broke it, it’ll be four to six weeks Pitino said Saturday. “If it’s a sprain, it could be two or three weeks. He’ll probably miss Saturday’s game.”
Dieng injured the wrist Friday against Missouri when he feel awkwardly after getting knocked down on the defensive end of the floor. Louisville will miss his presence as one of the nation’s best shotblockers, along with his 8.0 points and 8.2 rebounds per game.
Louisville returns home to face Illinois State on Dec. 1.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)