Nov 25, 2012, 1:17 PM EDT
Louisville was without junior center Gorgui Dieng in its 76-71 loss to Duke Saturday in the Battle 4 Atlantis and the Cardinals could be without the 6-11 junior for an extended period of time.
According to Jeff Goodman of CBSSports.com, the extent of Dieng’s injury is unknown and he will undergo tests when the team returns to Louisville. At that time, coach Rick Pitino and the Cardinals can make a determination as to how long he will be out.
“I’d say if he broke it, it’ll be four to six weeks Pitino said Saturday. “If it’s a sprain, it could be two or three weeks. He’ll probably miss Saturday’s game.”
Dieng injured the wrist Friday against Missouri when he feel awkwardly after getting knocked down on the defensive end of the floor. Louisville will miss his presence as one of the nation’s best shotblockers, along with his 8.0 points and 8.2 rebounds per game.
Louisville returns home to face Illinois State on Dec. 1.
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 7
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (7)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)