Nov 25, 2012, 1:17 PM EDT
Louisville was without junior center Gorgui Dieng in its 76-71 loss to Duke Saturday in the Battle 4 Atlantis and the Cardinals could be without the 6-11 junior for an extended period of time.
According to Jeff Goodman of CBSSports.com, the extent of Dieng’s injury is unknown and he will undergo tests when the team returns to Louisville. At that time, coach Rick Pitino and the Cardinals can make a determination as to how long he will be out.
“I’d say if he broke it, it’ll be four to six weeks Pitino said Saturday. “If it’s a sprain, it could be two or three weeks. He’ll probably miss Saturday’s game.”
Dieng injured the wrist Friday against Missouri when he feel awkwardly after getting knocked down on the defensive end of the floor. Louisville will miss his presence as one of the nation’s best shotblockers, along with his 8.0 points and 8.2 rebounds per game.
Louisville returns home to face Illinois State on Dec. 1.
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)