Nov 25, 2012, 1:17 PM EDT
Louisville was without junior center Gorgui Dieng in its 76-71 loss to Duke Saturday in the Battle 4 Atlantis and the Cardinals could be without the 6-11 junior for an extended period of time.
According to Jeff Goodman of CBSSports.com, the extent of Dieng’s injury is unknown and he will undergo tests when the team returns to Louisville. At that time, coach Rick Pitino and the Cardinals can make a determination as to how long he will be out.
“I’d say if he broke it, it’ll be four to six weeks Pitino said Saturday. “If it’s a sprain, it could be two or three weeks. He’ll probably miss Saturday’s game.”
Dieng injured the wrist Friday against Missouri when he feel awkwardly after getting knocked down on the defensive end of the floor. Louisville will miss his presence as one of the nation’s best shotblockers, along with his 8.0 points and 8.2 rebounds per game.
Louisville returns home to face Illinois State on Dec. 1.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)