Nov 26, 2012, 9:00 PM EDT
Coaches take different paths with retirement, some take analyst jobs with ESPN (Bob Knight), some blend in with their community (Denny Crum and Joe B. Hall are great examples of that) and others take up other sports.
Jim Calhoun, since retiring prior to this season, may be doing a combination of the first and third thing on that list.
Mark Blaudschaun, who runs AJerseyGuy.com is reporting that Calhoun will take part in a new show on The Golf Channel.
The show, entitled The Back Nine, will be a hodge-podge of sorts, where Calhoun talks golf, basketball and life in general. An avid golfer, this seems like a solid investment for his time. He’s never been short on opinions.
The show will be based in Hartford, but Calhoun will reportedly travel to various resorts to shoot on-location style. Not bad for a guy who some wondered might be waning for the game to come back to him after he walked away from UConn.
While I’ve always loved Calhoun, for his coaching and his press conferences, can you imagine playing an uncut 18 holes with that guy? I’m not sure I’d be able to focus on anything but what’s coming out of his mouth. Entertainment at its finest.
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 5
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)