Nov 26, 2012, 9:00 PM EDT
Coaches take different paths with retirement, some take analyst jobs with ESPN (Bob Knight), some blend in with their community (Denny Crum and Joe B. Hall are great examples of that) and others take up other sports.
Jim Calhoun, since retiring prior to this season, may be doing a combination of the first and third thing on that list.
Mark Blaudschaun, who runs AJerseyGuy.com is reporting that Calhoun will take part in a new show on The Golf Channel.
The show, entitled The Back Nine, will be a hodge-podge of sorts, where Calhoun talks golf, basketball and life in general. An avid golfer, this seems like a solid investment for his time. He’s never been short on opinions.
The show will be based in Hartford, but Calhoun will reportedly travel to various resorts to shoot on-location style. Not bad for a guy who some wondered might be waning for the game to come back to him after he walked away from UConn.
While I’ve always loved Calhoun, for his coaching and his press conferences, can you imagine playing an uncut 18 holes with that guy? I’m not sure I’d be able to focus on anything but what’s coming out of his mouth. Entertainment at its finest.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)