Nov 26, 2012, 9:00 PM EDT
Coaches take different paths with retirement, some take analyst jobs with ESPN (Bob Knight), some blend in with their community (Denny Crum and Joe B. Hall are great examples of that) and others take up other sports.
Jim Calhoun, since retiring prior to this season, may be doing a combination of the first and third thing on that list.
Mark Blaudschaun, who runs AJerseyGuy.com is reporting that Calhoun will take part in a new show on The Golf Channel.
The show, entitled The Back Nine, will be a hodge-podge of sorts, where Calhoun talks golf, basketball and life in general. An avid golfer, this seems like a solid investment for his time. He’s never been short on opinions.
The show will be based in Hartford, but Calhoun will reportedly travel to various resorts to shoot on-location style. Not bad for a guy who some wondered might be waning for the game to come back to him after he walked away from UConn.
While I’ve always loved Calhoun, for his coaching and his press conferences, can you imagine playing an uncut 18 holes with that guy? I’m not sure I’d be able to focus on anything but what’s coming out of his mouth. Entertainment at its finest.
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)