Nov 28, 2012, 2:23 AM EDT
The realignment wheel keeps on turning.
Tulane and East Carolina made their way to the Big East on Tuesday morning, but the league still ended up down for the day as the latest reports have Louisville heading to the ACC.
According to multiple reports — David Glenn got the scoop — the ACC will be voting at 7 a.m. on Wednesday morning on whether or not to add Louisville to replace Maryland. Brett “Sources” McMurphy is reporting that he expects the vote to pass, which only makes sense; why would anyone want to wake up at 7 a.m. just to vote no on expansion.
Quick thoughts on the move:
– This is good news for ACC basketball. While Maryland is a program on the upswing, Louisville is already there. They’re a top five team as we speak, and based on the way that Rick Pitino is recruiting, that isn’t going to change any time soon.
– This is another hit for the Big East, which has simply turned into the old Conference USA with a smattering of Big East basketball schools. And UConn …
– … who, it looks like, will be left out in the cold once the world stops spinning.
– *bangs head against the wall*
- Fixing his flaws: How Kris Dunn has attacked the two weaknesses in his game 0
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 2
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble (2)
- Marquette coaches discuss daily ‘noon ball’ tradition (VIDEO) (2)
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? (2)