Nov 28, 2012, 2:23 AM EDT
The realignment wheel keeps on turning.
Tulane and East Carolina made their way to the Big East on Tuesday morning, but the league still ended up down for the day as the latest reports have Louisville heading to the ACC.
According to multiple reports — David Glenn got the scoop — the ACC will be voting at 7 a.m. on Wednesday morning on whether or not to add Louisville to replace Maryland. Brett “Sources” McMurphy is reporting that he expects the vote to pass, which only makes sense; why would anyone want to wake up at 7 a.m. just to vote no on expansion.
Quick thoughts on the move:
– This is good news for ACC basketball. While Maryland is a program on the upswing, Louisville is already there. They’re a top five team as we speak, and based on the way that Rick Pitino is recruiting, that isn’t going to change any time soon.
– This is another hit for the Big East, which has simply turned into the old Conference USA with a smattering of Big East basketball schools. And UConn …
– … who, it looks like, will be left out in the cold once the world stops spinning.
– *bangs head against the wall*
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)