Nov 28, 2012, 2:23 AM EDT
The realignment wheel keeps on turning.
Tulane and East Carolina made their way to the Big East on Tuesday morning, but the league still ended up down for the day as the latest reports have Louisville heading to the ACC.
According to multiple reports — David Glenn got the scoop — the ACC will be voting at 7 a.m. on Wednesday morning on whether or not to add Louisville to replace Maryland. Brett “Sources” McMurphy is reporting that he expects the vote to pass, which only makes sense; why would anyone want to wake up at 7 a.m. just to vote no on expansion.
Quick thoughts on the move:
– This is good news for ACC basketball. While Maryland is a program on the upswing, Louisville is already there. They’re a top five team as we speak, and based on the way that Rick Pitino is recruiting, that isn’t going to change any time soon.
– This is another hit for the Big East, which has simply turned into the old Conference USA with a smattering of Big East basketball schools. And UConn …
– … who, it looks like, will be left out in the cold once the world stops spinning.
– *bangs head against the wall*
- Sources: Rick Barnes not expected to return to Texas 4
- Steve Lavin and St. John’s ‘mutually agree’ to part ways 1
- No. 2 Arizona pulls away from No. 6 Xavier, setting up West regional final rematch 0
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 17
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 11
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Kentucky moves SEC above .500 (23)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- NCAA’s Mark Emmert calls Indiana’s religious freedom bill ‘especially concerning’ (20)