Nov 28, 2012, 2:23 AM EDT
The realignment wheel keeps on turning.
Tulane and East Carolina made their way to the Big East on Tuesday morning, but the league still ended up down for the day as the latest reports have Louisville heading to the ACC.
According to multiple reports — David Glenn got the scoop — the ACC will be voting at 7 a.m. on Wednesday morning on whether or not to add Louisville to replace Maryland. Brett “Sources” McMurphy is reporting that he expects the vote to pass, which only makes sense; why would anyone want to wake up at 7 a.m. just to vote no on expansion.
Quick thoughts on the move:
- This is good news for ACC basketball. While Maryland is a program on the upswing, Louisville is already there. They’re a top five team as we speak, and based on the way that Rick Pitino is recruiting, that isn’t going to change any time soon.
- This is another hit for the Big East, which has simply turned into the old Conference USA with a smattering of Big East basketball schools. And UConn …
- … who, it looks like, will be left out in the cold once the world stops spinning.
- *bangs head against the wall*
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UCF lands a unique center, Tennessee’s impact wing, Saint Louis gets rising center 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 6 Virginia Cavaliers 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: College Basketball Dream Team 1
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- Sophomore guard decides to leave Kansas program (4)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)