Nov 28, 2012, 5:40 PM EDT
Stanford junior guard Anthony Brown will miss the rest of the season due to a hip injury.
Brown hasn’t played since seeing six minutes of action in Stanford’s home loss to Belmont on the 18th. He’s due to undergo surgery in mid-December and will be applying for a medical redshirt.
“We are all hoping that Anthony’s surgery goes well and wish him a speedy recovery,” Stanford head coach Johnny Dawkins said in a statement. “Anthony has played an important role for our team throughout his career and we expected him to be significant contributor once again this season. I have no doubt Anthony will work hard to come back even stronger.”
Brown started twice this season, but he was only averaging 3.0 points and 2.3 boards. He averaged 8.1 points as a sophomore last season.
This is a pretty big hit to Stanford’s perimeter, which wasn’t all that deep to begin with. Especially when you consider Chasson Randle and Aaron Bright have been struggling a bit early in the season.
Aug 1, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
The College of Charleston has found a replacement for Doug Wojcik during his suspension.
Aug 1, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Tyler Davis has lost 70 pounds and evolved into one of the nation’s best big men.
Aug 1, 2014, 2:15 PM EDT
Louisville commit Raymond Spalding doesn’t feel pressure despite being a hometown kid.
Aug 1, 2014, 1:26 PM EDT
The 7-foot-1 center was arrested on charges including resisting arrest and second-degree assault.
Aug 1, 2014, 12:57 PM EDT
The 6-foot-8 Iowan averaged 17.1 points and 9.7 rebounds per game as a high school junior.
Aug 1, 2014, 10:53 AM EDT
Among the high school players in attendance are Jaylen Brown (2015), Thon Maker (2016) and Dennis Smith Jr. (2016).
Aug 1, 2014, 10:09 AM EDT
You’ve seen the pictures of the rings. Now see the player’s reactions once they got them.
Jul 31, 2014, 10:13 PM EDT
Mary Willingham’s lawsuit came to light in early July, with the NCAA deciding to reopen its investigation at around the same time.
Jul 31, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
The explosive shooting guard’s new school is located in Napa, California.
Jul 31, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
The court will be redesigned by the end of the month.
Jul 31, 2014, 6:10 PM EDT
There are three: white, black and grey.
Jul 31, 2014, 5:20 PM EDT
Blackwell is a member of the Class of 2016 but is already hearing from some notable programs.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Where have all the NYC Point Gods gone?
Jul 31, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Brunson is the father of a top 15 recruit and a potential hire for a program in the AAC.
Jul 31, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
Wichita State is coming off of a Final Four and an undefeated regular season. What happens if they can’t match that success again?
Jul 31, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
It’s the second time Hill has donated a million to the school
Jul 31, 2014, 10:50 AM EDT
Mitchell played as well as anyone in the country this July
Jul 31, 2014, 10:02 AM EDT
It’s not that strong, but it could have been much worse.
Jul 30, 2014, 10:32 PM EDT
Walker has spent the last 13 seasons at his alma mater.
Jul 30, 2014, 9:32 PM EDT
The highly athletic wing is back on the market, but he’s yet to be cleared academically.
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)