Nov 28, 2012, 5:40 PM EDT
Stanford junior guard Anthony Brown will miss the rest of the season due to a hip injury.
Brown hasn’t played since seeing six minutes of action in Stanford’s home loss to Belmont on the 18th. He’s due to undergo surgery in mid-December and will be applying for a medical redshirt.
“We are all hoping that Anthony’s surgery goes well and wish him a speedy recovery,” Stanford head coach Johnny Dawkins said in a statement. “Anthony has played an important role for our team throughout his career and we expected him to be significant contributor once again this season. I have no doubt Anthony will work hard to come back even stronger.”
Brown started twice this season, but he was only averaging 3.0 points and 2.3 boards. He averaged 8.1 points as a sophomore last season.
This is a pretty big hit to Stanford’s perimeter, which wasn’t all that deep to begin with. Especially when you consider Chasson Randle and Aaron Bright have been struggling a bit early in the season.
Sep 17, 2014, 11:25 PM EDT
With Isaiah Briscoe moving on to the college ranks next summer, Duval could be the next elite guard produced by the Playaz Basketball Club.
Sep 17, 2014, 10:10 PM EDT
Last year’s Hoops on the Haasephalt event attracted nearly 4,000 fans on the UAB campus.
Sep 17, 2014, 8:26 PM EDT
Despite rumors to the contrary, one of the best players in the Class of 2015 is 100 percent committed to attending LSU next year.
Sep 17, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
“The Grateful Red” snapped up every available ticket within five minutes Wednesday morning.
Sep 17, 2014, 4:55 PM EDT
The Nittany Lions return five of their top six scorers from a team that finished the 2013-14 season with a 16-18 record (6-12 Big Ten).
Sep 17, 2014, 4:04 PM EDT
Jim Boeheim is not one to bite his tongue around the media.
Sep 17, 2014, 3:16 PM EDT
Tucker is a powerful dunker at 6-foot-4
Sep 17, 2014, 1:43 PM EDT
Is Oliver Purnell is tapping into a D.C. pipeline?
Sep 17, 2014, 1:08 PM EDT
Walker is currently suspended from the Texas team.
Sep 17, 2014, 12:15 PM EDT
Missouri will move on with team-related activities without two freshmen following an arrest.
Sep 17, 2014, 10:59 AM EDT
Lyle was originally committed to Louisville before backing off.
Sep 17, 2014, 10:03 AM EDT
The rush for a good spot to wait for Big Blue Madness tickets is always entertaining.
Sep 16, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
The tallest player in high school basketball has some visits set.
Sep 16, 2014, 9:15 PM EDT
Arizona State has cut ties with a junior college forward and 2015 recruit was who arrested over the weekend.
Sep 16, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Bo Ryan shows he’s a big man on campus at Wisconsin following his Final Four appearance.
Sep 16, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
Jalen Rose says that former teammates Chris Webber needs to apologize.
Sep 16, 2014, 6:06 PM EDT
The Longhorns pull in a commitment from a good guard in 2015.
Sep 16, 2014, 5:46 PM EDT
Kevin Stallings has earned four commitments in 2015.
Sep 16, 2014, 4:44 PM EDT
The five-star recruit decommitted from Louisville, and what it has to do with shoe companies.
Sep 16, 2014, 2:55 PM EDT
There are also a limited number of ugly road weeks.
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 7
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (7)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)