Nov 29, 2012, 5:31 PM EDT
Jabari Parker went on CSN Chicago today and discussed his recruitment a little bit.
We already knew that he was down to just five schools — Michigan State, BYU, Stanford, Duke and Florida — but Parker did give a little bit of insight into what is driving his decision making process.
“Relationship with the coach, relationship with the team and the style of play,” Parker said. “Also, how will [the team] be the following year as far as [whether] the coach is going to stay or not.”
Parker doesn’t list his religion as a determining factor, which could rule out BYU for anyone that takes a quote given on a TV show as literal, cold-hearted truth (which I don’t). The article does, however, intimate that Parker’s choice of college will hinge on where he will get the best education.
And I choose between bacon and sausage based on what’s healthiest.
Perhaps more important is the fact that Parker will play this season. He broke a bone in his foot over the summer, and while he won’t be ready for Simeon’s opener, he’ll be back soon enough.
“He’s gone from two crutches to one crutch and today, for some reason, he wasn’t even wearing the boot,” said Sonny Parker, a former NBA player. “He’s not ready to play yet, but he will play this season. It’s better to wait and not come back too early.”
- Joel Embiid out for Big 12 tournament, ‘longshot’ for NCAA tournament first weekend 0
- 2014 Big 12 Tournament Preview: This is going to be good 1
- 2014 Big East Tournament Preview: Can Villanova finally beat Creighton? 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 4
- Bracketology: Florida in driver’s seat for overall No. 1 seed 5
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans 8
- Bubble Banter: Nebraska’s marquee win, St. Joseph’s problematic loss 0
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (12)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (8)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)