Nov 29, 2012, 5:31 PM EST
Jabari Parker went on CSN Chicago today and discussed his recruitment a little bit.
We already knew that he was down to just five schools — Michigan State, BYU, Stanford, Duke and Florida — but Parker did give a little bit of insight into what is driving his decision making process.
“Relationship with the coach, relationship with the team and the style of play,” Parker said. “Also, how will [the team] be the following year as far as [whether] the coach is going to stay or not.”
Parker doesn’t list his religion as a determining factor, which could rule out BYU for anyone that takes a quote given on a TV show as literal, cold-hearted truth (which I don’t). The article does, however, intimate that Parker’s choice of college will hinge on where he will get the best education.
And I choose between bacon and sausage based on what’s healthiest.
Perhaps more important is the fact that Parker will play this season. He broke a bone in his foot over the summer, and while he won’t be ready for Simeon’s opener, he’ll be back soon enough.
“He’s gone from two crutches to one crutch and today, for some reason, he wasn’t even wearing the boot,” said Sonny Parker, a former NBA player. “He’s not ready to play yet, but he will play this season. It’s better to wait and not come back too early.”
- Bubble Banter: Davidson with a big win, Stanford in trouble, and … VCU? 0
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Film Session: Who can actually beat Kentucky and why 0
- Potential NCAA tournament bid thieves bubble teams should be rooting against 2
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 2
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (11)
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed (9)
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives (8)