Nov 29, 2012, 5:31 PM EDT
Jabari Parker went on CSN Chicago today and discussed his recruitment a little bit.
We already knew that he was down to just five schools — Michigan State, BYU, Stanford, Duke and Florida — but Parker did give a little bit of insight into what is driving his decision making process.
“Relationship with the coach, relationship with the team and the style of play,” Parker said. “Also, how will [the team] be the following year as far as [whether] the coach is going to stay or not.”
Parker doesn’t list his religion as a determining factor, which could rule out BYU for anyone that takes a quote given on a TV show as literal, cold-hearted truth (which I don’t). The article does, however, intimate that Parker’s choice of college will hinge on where he will get the best education.
And I choose between bacon and sausage based on what’s healthiest.
Perhaps more important is the fact that Parker will play this season. He broke a bone in his foot over the summer, and while he won’t be ready for Simeon’s opener, he’ll be back soon enough.
“He’s gone from two crutches to one crutch and today, for some reason, he wasn’t even wearing the boot,” said Sonny Parker, a former NBA player. “He’s not ready to play yet, but he will play this season. It’s better to wait and not come back too early.”
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 5
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)