Nov 29, 2012, 5:31 PM EDT
Jabari Parker went on CSN Chicago today and discussed his recruitment a little bit.
We already knew that he was down to just five schools — Michigan State, BYU, Stanford, Duke and Florida — but Parker did give a little bit of insight into what is driving his decision making process.
“Relationship with the coach, relationship with the team and the style of play,” Parker said. “Also, how will [the team] be the following year as far as [whether] the coach is going to stay or not.”
Parker doesn’t list his religion as a determining factor, which could rule out BYU for anyone that takes a quote given on a TV show as literal, cold-hearted truth (which I don’t). The article does, however, intimate that Parker’s choice of college will hinge on where he will get the best education.
And I choose between bacon and sausage based on what’s healthiest.
Perhaps more important is the fact that Parker will play this season. He broke a bone in his foot over the summer, and while he won’t be ready for Simeon’s opener, he’ll be back soon enough.
“He’s gone from two crutches to one crutch and today, for some reason, he wasn’t even wearing the boot,” said Sonny Parker, a former NBA player. “He’s not ready to play yet, but he will play this season. It’s better to wait and not come back too early.”
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- NBA Draft Winners: Seven teams that should be happy with their draft (3)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)