Nov 29, 2012, 5:31 PM EDT
Jabari Parker went on CSN Chicago today and discussed his recruitment a little bit.
We already knew that he was down to just five schools — Michigan State, BYU, Stanford, Duke and Florida — but Parker did give a little bit of insight into what is driving his decision making process.
“Relationship with the coach, relationship with the team and the style of play,” Parker said. “Also, how will [the team] be the following year as far as [whether] the coach is going to stay or not.”
Parker doesn’t list his religion as a determining factor, which could rule out BYU for anyone that takes a quote given on a TV show as literal, cold-hearted truth (which I don’t). The article does, however, intimate that Parker’s choice of college will hinge on where he will get the best education.
And I choose between bacon and sausage based on what’s healthiest.
Perhaps more important is the fact that Parker will play this season. He broke a bone in his foot over the summer, and while he won’t be ready for Simeon’s opener, he’ll be back soon enough.
“He’s gone from two crutches to one crutch and today, for some reason, he wasn’t even wearing the boot,” said Sonny Parker, a former NBA player. “He’s not ready to play yet, but he will play this season. It’s better to wait and not come back too early.”
- Maryland point guard Melo Trimble to return for sophomore season 1
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see (22)