Nov 30, 2012, 9:15 AM EST
Tonny Trocha-Morelos was one of the more intriguing prospects back in the spring and summer, with some of the nation’s better programs taking a look in hopes of getting the native of Colombia to commit.
The recruitment of Trocha came to an end on Thursday, as it was reported by the Texas A&M program that Trocha signed with Texas A&M. Trocha joins forwards Davonte Fitzgerald and Tavario Miller in the Aggies’ 2013 class.
But here’s the question: could Trocha join the program at some point this season and play?
Multiple outlets have raised the possibility of Trocha being able to join the program for the spring semester, and if that were to happen the Aggies would be adding a 6-10 center capable of helping the Aggies from a depth standpoint.
Billy Kennedy’s team is currently 5-1 on the season, but even though the Aggies do have bodies inside (led by Ray Turner and Kourtney Roberson) this is a group that’s struggled some on the boards. Texas A&M ranks 13th in the SEC in defensive rebounding percentage (62.0%) and 7th in rebounding margin (plus-1.8).
Trocha, who averaged a double-double (16.0 ppg, 10.2 rpg) for the Colombian U-18 national team at the FIBA Americas tournament during the summer, would be a welcome addition if he were able to play this season due to those rebounding issues.
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 5
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 1
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 1
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 2
- Heartbreak fuels Renardo Sidney’s new sense of purpose 1
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)