Nov 30, 2012, 9:15 AM EST
Tonny Trocha-Morelos was one of the more intriguing prospects back in the spring and summer, with some of the nation’s better programs taking a look in hopes of getting the native of Colombia to commit.
The recruitment of Trocha came to an end on Thursday, as it was reported by the Texas A&M program that Trocha signed with Texas A&M. Trocha joins forwards Davonte Fitzgerald and Tavario Miller in the Aggies’ 2013 class.
But here’s the question: could Trocha join the program at some point this season and play?
Multiple outlets have raised the possibility of Trocha being able to join the program for the spring semester, and if that were to happen the Aggies would be adding a 6-10 center capable of helping the Aggies from a depth standpoint.
Billy Kennedy’s team is currently 5-1 on the season, but even though the Aggies do have bodies inside (led by Ray Turner and Kourtney Roberson) this is a group that’s struggled some on the boards. Texas A&M ranks 13th in the SEC in defensive rebounding percentage (62.0%) and 7th in rebounding margin (plus-1.8).
Trocha, who averaged a double-double (16.0 ppg, 10.2 rpg) for the Colombian U-18 national team at the FIBA Americas tournament during the summer, would be a welcome addition if he were able to play this season due to those rebounding issues.
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Report: Gonzaga’s Josh Perkins broke his jaw (4)