Nov 30, 2012, 9:15 AM EST
Tonny Trocha-Morelos was one of the more intriguing prospects back in the spring and summer, with some of the nation’s better programs taking a look in hopes of getting the native of Colombia to commit.
The recruitment of Trocha came to an end on Thursday, as it was reported by the Texas A&M program that Trocha signed with Texas A&M. Trocha joins forwards Davonte Fitzgerald and Tavario Miller in the Aggies’ 2013 class.
But here’s the question: could Trocha join the program at some point this season and play?
Multiple outlets have raised the possibility of Trocha being able to join the program for the spring semester, and if that were to happen the Aggies would be adding a 6-10 center capable of helping the Aggies from a depth standpoint.
Billy Kennedy’s team is currently 5-1 on the season, but even though the Aggies do have bodies inside (led by Ray Turner and Kourtney Roberson) this is a group that’s struggled some on the boards. Texas A&M ranks 13th in the SEC in defensive rebounding percentage (62.0%) and 7th in rebounding margin (plus-1.8).
Trocha, who averaged a double-double (16.0 ppg, 10.2 rpg) for the Colombian U-18 national team at the FIBA Americas tournament during the summer, would be a welcome addition if he were able to play this season due to those rebounding issues.
- Reductions in scholarship, off-campus recruiting will have significant impact on Syracuse moving forward 5
- NCAA sanctions Syracuse; 12 lost scholarships, nine-game suspension for coach Jim Boeheim 22
- Bracketology: No. 1 seed line remains unsettled 5
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Carolina Part Two, and which bubble teams have the most on the line? 1
- Bubble Banter: Davidson with a big win, Stanford in trouble, and … VCU? 2
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- NCAA sanctions Syracuse; 12 lost scholarships, nine-game suspension for coach Jim Boeheim (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (11)
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed (9)