Nov 30, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
I would like to apologize in advance for today’s Morning Mix. I’m currently battling the plague, and it seems to be winning. On the plus side, I have now developed a crippling addicting to chamomile tea.
Let’s hit the links.
Thursday’s Top Games:
6:30 p.m. – Tennessee @ No. 20 Georgetown
7:00 p.m. – Georgia @ South Florida
8:00 p.m. – Oregon State vs. No. 10 Kansas
8:30 p.m. – No. 6 Syracuse @ Arkansas
10:00 p.m. – Montana @ San Francisco
10:00 p.m. -Drake @ Nevada
- In the wake of another rape allegation levied against him, Michael Dixon has decided to transfer from Missouri. The guard had been indefinitely suspended up until yesterday. (Eye on College Basketball)
- South Carolina guard Brenton Williams took a nasty spill last night against St. John’s and injured his neck, resulting in him being taken off the floor on a stretcher. (Augusta Chronicle)
- Murray State’s Latreze Mushatt is making a speedy recover from an ACL injury and could make his return in late December (OVC Ball)
- Colorado State’s Pierce Hornung is one of the most underrated rebounders in the country. But due to a recent concussion, the forward’s status for the Rams’ Saturday game against Evansville is still up in the air (Courier-Press)
Observations & Insight:
- This is just an awesome story. The Pittsburgh student section rallied behind guard Cameron Wright, who lost his father to brain cancer earlier in the week (The Dagger)
- Florida walloped Marquette last night 82-49 in large part to Patric Young’s dominant performance up front. The big-man needs to get more touches. The Gators are better when he does. (Alligator Army)
- Jason King provides his updated Wooden Watch list (ESPN)
- Mike DeCourcy was not surprised to see Notre Dame beat Kentucky as soundly as they did. Once again, I completely agree with Mr. DeCourcy. Spot on with all his points. (Sporting News)
- Now that Michael Dixon is officially done at Missouri, where do the Tigers go from here? (Rush The Court)
- A nice, quick read on how the Drexel Dragons can overcome adversity (CAA Hoops)
Video(s) of the Day:
Do you like the new Morning Mix? Hate it? Have a suggestion or wanted something featured? Troy Machir will take all your praise, insults and inquiries via Twitter (@TroyMachir)
Apr 20, 2014, 12:58 AM EDT
According to a report, Louisiana Tech’s Michael White is the focus of Tennessee’s search for a new head coach.
Apr 19, 2014, 11:03 PM EDT
Just over a week after his appeal to be released from his scholarship at Marshall was granted, Kareem Canty’s decided to transfer to Auburn.
Apr 19, 2014, 9:17 PM EDT
A Kentucky fan promised to get a tattoo of Willie Cauley-Stein if the 7-footer returned to Lexington for his junior season. Saturday, Michael Gray followed through.
Apr 19, 2014, 7:36 PM EDT
UNLV has added another player to its 2014 recruiting class, as shooting guard Patrick McCaw verbally committed to the Mountain West program.
Apr 19, 2014, 6:24 PM EDT
Arizona State has made another addition to its roster, landing a commitment from former UNLV forward Savon Goodman.
Apr 19, 2014, 5:45 PM EDT
Forward Zach LeDay has decided to leave the USF program after spending two seasons in Tampa.
Apr 19, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
New Florida A&M AD Kellen Winslow Sr. has already decided that the basketball program needs a new leader, as head coach Clemon Johnson was relieved of his duties Friday.
Apr 19, 2014, 4:25 PM EDT
Will highly-touted Colombian center Tonny Trocha-Morelos finally be joining the Texas A&M program?
Apr 19, 2014, 2:39 PM EDT
Michigan had some open scholarships following the 2014 NBA Draft departures of Nik Stauskas and Glenn Robinson III and they filled one of those on Saturday with a commitment from senior guard Muhammad Ali Abdur-Rahkman.
Apr 19, 2014, 1:25 PM EDT
Gonzaga will have a very tough non-conference slate during the 2014-15 season.
Apr 19, 2014, 12:10 PM EDT
Two-and-through sounds more and more likely to happen.
Apr 19, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill and Satchel Pierce are following former Golden Eagles coach Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech as the duo committed to the Hokies on Saturday morning.
POSTERIZED: SMU commit Emmanuel Mudiay flushes a ridiculous alley-oop during Jordan Brand Classic (VIDEO)
Apr 19, 2014, 10:03 AM EDT
SMU commit Emmanuel Mudiay put down the best dunk at the Jordan Brand Classic.
Apr 18, 2014, 11:20 PM EDT
Northern Illinois extended the contract of head coach Mark Montgomery through the 2017-18 season.
Chicago duo Jahlil Okafor, Cliff Alexander earn MVP honors as East beats West in Jordan Brand Classic
Apr 18, 2014, 9:39 PM EDT
Chicago natives Jahlil Okafor and Cliff Alexander earned MVP honors as the East beat the West in the Jordan Brand Classic.
Apr 18, 2014, 8:40 PM EDT
Houston is allowing Danuel House and TaShawn Thomas to transfer, but only to certain programs.
Apr 18, 2014, 7:31 PM EDT
Indiana grabbed a commitment from a 2014 center on Friday night.
Apr 18, 2014, 6:59 PM EDT
Miami forward James Kelly is moving on.
Apr 18, 2014, 5:45 PM EDT
It was a busy day for the Butler Bulldogs on Friday as freshman guard Elijah Brown intends to transfer while former Indiana wing Austin Etherington will transfer to the Big East program.
Apr 18, 2014, 5:05 PM EDT
Ole Miss picked up a big graduate transfer on Friday when former Tennessee State forward M.J. Rhett signed with the Rebels.
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 4
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)