Nov 30, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
I would like to apologize in advance for today’s Morning Mix. I’m currently battling the plague, and it seems to be winning. On the plus side, I have now developed a crippling addicting to chamomile tea.
Let’s hit the links.
Thursday’s Top Games:
6:30 p.m. – Tennessee @ No. 20 Georgetown
7:00 p.m. – Georgia @ South Florida
8:00 p.m. – Oregon State vs. No. 10 Kansas
8:30 p.m. – No. 6 Syracuse @ Arkansas
10:00 p.m. – Montana @ San Francisco
10:00 p.m. -Drake @ Nevada
– In the wake of another rape allegation levied against him, Michael Dixon has decided to transfer from Missouri. The guard had been indefinitely suspended up until yesterday. (Eye on College Basketball)
– South Carolina guard Brenton Williams took a nasty spill last night against St. John’s and injured his neck, resulting in him being taken off the floor on a stretcher. (Augusta Chronicle)
– Murray State’s Latreze Mushatt is making a speedy recover from an ACL injury and could make his return in late December (OVC Ball)
– Colorado State’s Pierce Hornung is one of the most underrated rebounders in the country. But due to a recent concussion, the forward’s status for the Rams’ Saturday game against Evansville is still up in the air (Courier-Press)
Observations & Insight:
– This is just an awesome story. The Pittsburgh student section rallied behind guard Cameron Wright, who lost his father to brain cancer earlier in the week (The Dagger)
– Florida walloped Marquette last night 82-49 in large part to Patric Young’s dominant performance up front. The big-man needs to get more touches. The Gators are better when he does. (Alligator Army)
– Jason King provides his updated Wooden Watch list (ESPN)
– Mike DeCourcy was not surprised to see Notre Dame beat Kentucky as soundly as they did. Once again, I completely agree with Mr. DeCourcy. Spot on with all his points. (Sporting News)
– Now that Michael Dixon is officially done at Missouri, where do the Tigers go from here? (Rush The Court)
– A nice, quick read on how the Drexel Dragons can overcome adversity (CAA Hoops)
Video(s) of the Day:
Do you like the new Morning Mix? Hate it? Have a suggestion or wanted something featured? Troy Machir will take all your praise, insults and inquiries via Twitter (@TroyMachir)
Apr 26, 2015, 8:45 PM EDT
Collins averaged 7.1 points and 5.2 assists per game last season, and his arrival could lead to Alex Caruso getting more scoring opportunities off the ball.
Apr 26, 2015, 7:35 PM EDT
Robinson has quite the rebuilding job on his hands, but guard LeAntwan Luckett (16.3 ppg) is one of the team’s top four scorers who have eligibility remaining.
Apr 26, 2015, 7:05 PM EDT
Dominic Green was released from his National Letter of Intent to Arizona State a couple weeks ago.
Apr 26, 2015, 6:02 PM EDT
In addition to making graduates sit out a year, there’s also consideration of the idea that schools can restrict where they can go.
Apr 26, 2015, 4:05 PM EDT
Nick Noskowiak joins former Arkansas guard Nick Babb as players who have committed to Iowa State this month.
Apr 26, 2015, 2:29 PM EDT
Skinner was the longtime coach of Boston College.
Apr 26, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Avery Johnson is touring with Nick Saban to get more familiar with being a head coach at Alabama.
UAA Day 2: The return of Seventh Woods; Markelle Fultz is the real deal; Josh Jackson’s up-and-down day
Apr 26, 2015, 11:30 AM EDT
The Under Armour Association has plenty of talented players in its league this season, including former mixtape star Seventh Woods and the No. 1 player in the Class of 2016, Josh Jackson.
Apr 26, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Malik Monk had a dominating effort on Saturday while Harry Giles didn’t make much of an impact.
Apr 26, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
Josh Jackson went for 41 points, seven assists and six rebounds at the Under Armour Association.
Apr 26, 2015, 8:54 AM EDT
Ferrell would have been a second round pick.
Apr 25, 2015, 10:19 PM EDT
Taylor averaged 13.1 points and 4.6 assists per game last season, and his decision to return is a nice boost for head coach Shaka Smart.
Apr 25, 2015, 9:55 PM EDT
Graduate students Max Bielfeldt and Tyler Harris were in Ames this weekend, as was former Marquette commit Nick Noskowiak.
Wisconsin’s Josh Gasser, Duje Dukan serve as honorary coaches for football team’s spring game (VIDEO)
Apr 25, 2015, 8:55 PM EDT
Gasser’s team beat Dukan’s by the final score of 35-7.
Apr 25, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
Turner won MAC Rookie of the Year honors in 2013-14.
Apr 25, 2015, 5:59 PM EDT
Junior Etou averaged 7.4 points and 6.6 rebounds per game last season.
Apr 25, 2015, 4:33 PM EDT
King averaged 7.2 points and 4.8 rebounds per game last season at Memphis.
Apr 25, 2015, 3:12 PM EDT
Thornton will fill the void left by Tyus Jones at the point.
Apr 25, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Oregon landed a commitment from a former San Diego State pledge.
Apr 25, 2015, 11:45 AM EDT
Maryland returns another reserve guard for next season.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)