Nov 30, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
I would like to apologize in advance for today’s Morning Mix. I’m currently battling the plague, and it seems to be winning. On the plus side, I have now developed a crippling addicting to chamomile tea.
Let’s hit the links.
Thursday’s Top Games:
6:30 p.m. – Tennessee @ No. 20 Georgetown
7:00 p.m. – Georgia @ South Florida
8:00 p.m. – Oregon State vs. No. 10 Kansas
8:30 p.m. – No. 6 Syracuse @ Arkansas
10:00 p.m. – Montana @ San Francisco
10:00 p.m. -Drake @ Nevada
– In the wake of another rape allegation levied against him, Michael Dixon has decided to transfer from Missouri. The guard had been indefinitely suspended up until yesterday. (Eye on College Basketball)
- South Carolina guard Brenton Williams took a nasty spill last night against St. John’s and injured his neck, resulting in him being taken off the floor on a stretcher. (Augusta Chronicle)
- Murray State’s Latreze Mushatt is making a speedy recover from an ACL injury and could make his return in late December (OVC Ball)
- Colorado State’s Pierce Hornung is one of the most underrated rebounders in the country. But due to a recent concussion, the forward’s status for the Rams’ Saturday game against Evansville is still up in the air (Courier-Press)
Observations & Insight:
– This is just an awesome story. The Pittsburgh student section rallied behind guard Cameron Wright, who lost his father to brain cancer earlier in the week (The Dagger)
- Florida walloped Marquette last night 82-49 in large part to Patric Young’s dominant performance up front. The big-man needs to get more touches. The Gators are better when he does. (Alligator Army)
- Jason King provides his updated Wooden Watch list (ESPN)
- Mike DeCourcy was not surprised to see Notre Dame beat Kentucky as soundly as they did. Once again, I completely agree with Mr. DeCourcy. Spot on with all his points. (Sporting News)
- Now that Michael Dixon is officially done at Missouri, where do the Tigers go from here? (Rush The Court)
- A nice, quick read on how the Drexel Dragons can overcome adversity (CAA Hoops)
Video(s) of the Day:
Do you like the new Morning Mix? Hate it? Have a suggestion or wanted something featured? Troy Machir will take all your praise, insults and inquiries via Twitter (@TroyMachir)
Oct 22, 2014, 10:46 PM EDT
Cody Larson was South Dakotas Next Big Thing. He returned in infamy, but that has not stopped him from succeeding.
Oct 22, 2014, 10:14 PM EDT
Wisconsin held its third annual “Shooting Down Cancer” event Wednesday, with their goal being to #MakeBoPay.
Oct 22, 2014, 9:13 PM EDT
Austin Nichols is the reigning American Athletic Conference ROY, and sophomore Avery Woodson is expected to compete for minutes in a crowded by inexperienced backcourt.
Oct 22, 2014, 7:03 PM EDT
Cezar Guerrero knocked down five straight from half-court during the team’s Red and White Hoops Night event Tuesday.
Oct 22, 2014, 6:43 PM EDT
Oregon didn’t have much depth to begin with due to various personnel issues, so Michael Chandler’s lingering knee problem is a major concern.
Oct 22, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
People don’t come more intense than Bruce Pearl.
Oct 22, 2014, 4:25 PM EDT
Given SMU’s depth on the perimeter, LaGerald Vick’s decision to move back in classes will help both parties in the future.
Oct 22, 2014, 4:06 PM EDT
College basketball will have plenty of impact freshmen this season. Here’s a look at some that could step in and contribute right away.
Oct 22, 2014, 3:18 PM EDT
The Longhorns are the first school in the country to do this.
Oct 22, 2014, 2:55 PM EDT
The Cardinal now have three four-star recruits in the Class of 2015.
Oct 22, 2014, 2:09 PM EDT
Wednesday’s report is much more damning than either of the previous two that have been released.
Oct 22, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
There is one big name that wasn’t named to the preseason first team.
Oct 22, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
The top half of the Summit League will be a tight race all season long.
Oct 22, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
The Big East coaches love Villanova, but are they sleeping on Marquette?
Oct 22, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
ULM has some off-the-court issues to address with the season looming.
Oct 22, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Fun fact about Shaka Smart: He has still never won a conference regular season title.
Oct 21, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Stanford’s back court depth took a hit this week.
Oct 21, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
Suspensions have been handed down for two James Madison players involved in a fall altercation.
Oct 21, 2014, 8:38 PM EDT
Nebraska has been recruiting the state of Illinois very hard and it paid off with a 2016 commitment.
Oct 21, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Kansas State has taken a hit to its front court depth this week.
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)