Nov 30, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
I would like to apologize in advance for today’s Morning Mix. I’m currently battling the plague, and it seems to be winning. On the plus side, I have now developed a crippling addicting to chamomile tea.
Let’s hit the links.
Thursday’s Top Games:
6:30 p.m. – Tennessee @ No. 20 Georgetown
7:00 p.m. – Georgia @ South Florida
8:00 p.m. – Oregon State vs. No. 10 Kansas
8:30 p.m. – No. 6 Syracuse @ Arkansas
10:00 p.m. – Montana @ San Francisco
10:00 p.m. -Drake @ Nevada
– In the wake of another rape allegation levied against him, Michael Dixon has decided to transfer from Missouri. The guard had been indefinitely suspended up until yesterday. (Eye on College Basketball)
– South Carolina guard Brenton Williams took a nasty spill last night against St. John’s and injured his neck, resulting in him being taken off the floor on a stretcher. (Augusta Chronicle)
– Murray State’s Latreze Mushatt is making a speedy recover from an ACL injury and could make his return in late December (OVC Ball)
– Colorado State’s Pierce Hornung is one of the most underrated rebounders in the country. But due to a recent concussion, the forward’s status for the Rams’ Saturday game against Evansville is still up in the air (Courier-Press)
Observations & Insight:
– This is just an awesome story. The Pittsburgh student section rallied behind guard Cameron Wright, who lost his father to brain cancer earlier in the week (The Dagger)
– Florida walloped Marquette last night 82-49 in large part to Patric Young’s dominant performance up front. The big-man needs to get more touches. The Gators are better when he does. (Alligator Army)
– Jason King provides his updated Wooden Watch list (ESPN)
– Mike DeCourcy was not surprised to see Notre Dame beat Kentucky as soundly as they did. Once again, I completely agree with Mr. DeCourcy. Spot on with all his points. (Sporting News)
– Now that Michael Dixon is officially done at Missouri, where do the Tigers go from here? (Rush The Court)
– A nice, quick read on how the Drexel Dragons can overcome adversity (CAA Hoops)
Video(s) of the Day:
Do you like the new Morning Mix? Hate it? Have a suggestion or wanted something featured? Troy Machir will take all your praise, insults and inquiries via Twitter (@TroyMachir)
Aug 27, 2015, 2:04 PM EDT
Dambrot is the head coach at Akron.
Aug 27, 2015, 12:15 PM EDT
Westbrook wasn’t a top 25 prospect in high school. He was a top three player in the NBA last year.
Aug 27, 2015, 10:50 AM EDT
It’s the first preseason all-american team that we’ve seen this summer.
Aug 27, 2015, 9:41 AM EDT
Zeller handed out a warning. Michael McRobbie was a bit more upset.
Aug 26, 2015, 10:38 PM EDT
Frank Jackson will take an official visit to one of the four schools this weekend.
Aug 26, 2015, 9:31 PM EDT
Bryn Forbes scored 18 points to lead a balanced scoring attack for the Spartans.
Aug 26, 2015, 7:35 PM EDT
Michael McRobbie’s address came two days after Emmitt Holt and Thomas Bryant were cited for illegal possession of alcohol.
Aug 26, 2015, 5:41 PM EDT
Seton Hall AD said his coaches haven’t had to deal with negative recruiting re: cost of attendance stipends, but he’s ready to act if so.
Aug 26, 2015, 3:23 PM EDT
Lauren Hill raised more than $1.8 million for pediatric cancer research before she passed away.
Aug 26, 2015, 12:06 PM EDT
Get a look at potential No. 1 pick Ben Simmons.
Aug 26, 2015, 11:45 AM EDT
He’s still the second-highest paid Pitino in the coaching world.
Aug 26, 2015, 10:51 AM EDT
A battle between Kentucky and Kansas headlines this event.
Aug 26, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
There’s really nothing more important than that for a 10-year old boy.
Aug 25, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
Class of 2016 point guard Jaylen Fisher had some great highlights this summer.
Aug 25, 2015, 9:30 PM EDT
Jakob Poeltl is a potential top-10 pick in the 2016 NBA Draft, but he has to improve his 44 percent free-throw shooting.
Aug 25, 2015, 8:20 PM EDT
Kansas State is getting an experienced forward back in its rotation.
Aug 25, 2015, 6:30 PM EDT
St. John’s has some tough games during its first non-conference schedule under Chris Mullin.
Aug 25, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
Cincinnati could soon be getting a much-needed upgrade to Fifth Third Arena.
Aug 25, 2015, 3:24 PM EDT
L’ville isn’t likely to face a tough non-conference schedule, but was it done by design to help a transitioning squad?
Aug 25, 2015, 2:35 PM EDT
Bill Grier spent eight years as head coach at San Diego.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Throwback Thursday: Which Jim Calhoun rant was the best Jim Calhoun rant? (3)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)