Nov 30, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
I would like to apologize in advance for today’s Morning Mix. I’m currently battling the plague, and it seems to be winning. On the plus side, I have now developed a crippling addicting to chamomile tea.
Let’s hit the links.
Thursday’s Top Games:
6:30 p.m. – Tennessee @ No. 20 Georgetown
7:00 p.m. – Georgia @ South Florida
8:00 p.m. – Oregon State vs. No. 10 Kansas
8:30 p.m. – No. 6 Syracuse @ Arkansas
10:00 p.m. – Montana @ San Francisco
10:00 p.m. -Drake @ Nevada
- In the wake of another rape allegation levied against him, Michael Dixon has decided to transfer from Missouri. The guard had been indefinitely suspended up until yesterday. (Eye on College Basketball)
- South Carolina guard Brenton Williams took a nasty spill last night against St. John’s and injured his neck, resulting in him being taken off the floor on a stretcher. (Augusta Chronicle)
- Murray State’s Latreze Mushatt is making a speedy recover from an ACL injury and could make his return in late December (OVC Ball)
- Colorado State’s Pierce Hornung is one of the most underrated rebounders in the country. But due to a recent concussion, the forward’s status for the Rams’ Saturday game against Evansville is still up in the air (Courier-Press)
Observations & Insight:
- This is just an awesome story. The Pittsburgh student section rallied behind guard Cameron Wright, who lost his father to brain cancer earlier in the week (The Dagger)
- Florida walloped Marquette last night 82-49 in large part to Patric Young’s dominant performance up front. The big-man needs to get more touches. The Gators are better when he does. (Alligator Army)
- Jason King provides his updated Wooden Watch list (ESPN)
- Mike DeCourcy was not surprised to see Notre Dame beat Kentucky as soundly as they did. Once again, I completely agree with Mr. DeCourcy. Spot on with all his points. (Sporting News)
- Now that Michael Dixon is officially done at Missouri, where do the Tigers go from here? (Rush The Court)
- A nice, quick read on how the Drexel Dragons can overcome adversity (CAA Hoops)
Video(s) of the Day:
Do you like the new Morning Mix? Hate it? Have a suggestion or wanted something featured? Troy Machir will take all your praise, insults and inquiries via Twitter (@TroyMachir)
Jul 23, 2014, 9:59 PM EDT
Perry’s been at USC Upstate since 2009, and among the players he’s helped recruit was former great Torrey Craig.
Jul 23, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
Brown averaged 5.5 points per game and made 13 starts in 35 appearances for the Ragin’ Cajuns.
Jul 23, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
Lindsay played his freshman season at Kansas
Jul 23, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
Beasley has been one of the nations top performers over the last three months
Jul 23, 2014, 3:52 PM EDT
Thomas is a bulldozer on the block.
Jul 23, 2014, 2:55 PM EDT
It’s the latest in a long line of bourbon bottles commemorating celebrities in the state.
Jul 23, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
Rick vs. Richard could get awkward for the rest of the family
Jul 23, 2014, 12:57 PM EDT
Will this be enough for Charleston to finally get rid of their embattled head coach?
Jul 23, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Blakeney is now on the radar of programs like Kentucky and Louisville.
Jul 23, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Iowa State repainted their court.
Jul 22, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
The College of Charleston Board of Trustees meets on Wednesday.
Jul 22, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
The transfer forward will miss the first nine games of the season.
Jul 22, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
Seven minutes of highlights from this past weekend’s Nike Peach Jam.
Jul 22, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
But they aren’t yet eligible for the NCAA tournament. Click to see why.
Jul 22, 2014, 5:54 PM EDT
Isaiah Austin is returning to Baylor. Once he gets his degree, he’ll have a job with the NBA.
Jul 22, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
Imagine 6-foot-8, 235-pound Harrell in a helmet and shoulder pads.
Jul 22, 2014, 3:16 PM EDT
The second installment of our weekly awards.
Jul 22, 2014, 1:42 PM EDT
He’ll be out for two months.
Jul 22, 2014, 1:04 PM EDT
Josh Jackson, Jaylen Brown, Diamond Stone, and more.
Jul 22, 2014, 11:44 AM EDT
Niang, who has dropped some 25 pounds since the end of the season, is looking to have an even greater impact as the Cyclones work to account for the losses of Melvin Ejim and DeAndre Kane.
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)