Nov 30, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
I would like to apologize in advance for today’s Morning Mix. I’m currently battling the plague, and it seems to be winning. On the plus side, I have now developed a crippling addicting to chamomile tea.
Let’s hit the links.
Thursday’s Top Games:
6:30 p.m. – Tennessee @ No. 20 Georgetown
7:00 p.m. – Georgia @ South Florida
8:00 p.m. – Oregon State vs. No. 10 Kansas
8:30 p.m. – No. 6 Syracuse @ Arkansas
10:00 p.m. – Montana @ San Francisco
10:00 p.m. -Drake @ Nevada
– In the wake of another rape allegation levied against him, Michael Dixon has decided to transfer from Missouri. The guard had been indefinitely suspended up until yesterday. (Eye on College Basketball)
- South Carolina guard Brenton Williams took a nasty spill last night against St. John’s and injured his neck, resulting in him being taken off the floor on a stretcher. (Augusta Chronicle)
- Murray State’s Latreze Mushatt is making a speedy recover from an ACL injury and could make his return in late December (OVC Ball)
- Colorado State’s Pierce Hornung is one of the most underrated rebounders in the country. But due to a recent concussion, the forward’s status for the Rams’ Saturday game against Evansville is still up in the air (Courier-Press)
Observations & Insight:
– This is just an awesome story. The Pittsburgh student section rallied behind guard Cameron Wright, who lost his father to brain cancer earlier in the week (The Dagger)
- Florida walloped Marquette last night 82-49 in large part to Patric Young’s dominant performance up front. The big-man needs to get more touches. The Gators are better when he does. (Alligator Army)
- Jason King provides his updated Wooden Watch list (ESPN)
- Mike DeCourcy was not surprised to see Notre Dame beat Kentucky as soundly as they did. Once again, I completely agree with Mr. DeCourcy. Spot on with all his points. (Sporting News)
- Now that Michael Dixon is officially done at Missouri, where do the Tigers go from here? (Rush The Court)
- A nice, quick read on how the Drexel Dragons can overcome adversity (CAA Hoops)
Video(s) of the Day:
Do you like the new Morning Mix? Hate it? Have a suggestion or wanted something featured? Troy Machir will take all your praise, insults and inquiries via Twitter (@TroyMachir)
Aug 20, 2014, 10:24 AM EDT
Kampe over came his fear of heights but still got hit with ice water.
Aug 19, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Memphis was 2-2 in Canada.
Aug 19, 2014, 9:55 PM EDT
Ray Kasongo was denied admission from Oregon on July 30, reopening his recruitment.
Aug 19, 2014, 8:10 PM EDT
This new court design is interesting to say the least.
Aug 19, 2014, 7:59 PM EDT
Take a look at what tournaments the Shockers will appear in over the next few years.
Aug 19, 2014, 6:07 PM EDT
Jimmy Whitt is ranked just outside the top 50 in the Class of 2015.
Aug 19, 2014, 4:40 PM EDT
Stephen Zimmerman averaged 17.5 points, 11.5 boards and 2.2 blocks per game in four games at the Nike Global Challenge.
Aug 19, 2014, 3:54 PM EDT
Nicholls State may have a large, orange-clad fan base these days.
Aug 19, 2014, 3:04 PM EDT
It’s how they played through their six games in the Bahamas.
Aug 19, 2014, 1:40 PM EDT
Shaka Smart brings in a perfect piece and that was a priority recruit.
Aug 19, 2014, 12:33 PM EDT
It looks like everyone had a great time.
Aug 19, 2014, 11:09 AM EDT
Jason Holmes is a pro athlete in a sport he never heard of.
Aug 19, 2014, 10:29 AM EDT
Will these ever end?
Aug 18, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Christian James is one of the better dunkers in the 2015 class.
Aug 18, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
A former Vanderbilt player is hoping to release a book discussing the dirtier side of college basketball.
Aug 18, 2014, 8:25 PM EDT
Ohio State has some interesting games in the non-conference slate.
Aug 18, 2014, 7:25 PM EDT
Iowa head coach Fran McCaffery defended some of his player’s recent offseason troubles.
Aug 18, 2014, 6:24 PM EDT
Some more disturbing allegations are levied against a 2014 NCAA Tournament team.
Aug 18, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
This week’s CBT Recruiting Roundup features some thoughts on Noah Dickerson to Florida and a couple of 2015 guards cutting school lists.
Aug 18, 2014, 3:42 PM EDT
The two programs haven’t played on one another’s home court in two decades.
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- Four-star shooting guard verbally commits to UCLA 0
- USA Basketball U17 team wins gold in the FIBA World Championships 0
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ 4
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Watch Stephen Curry put 40 on Gonzaga in the NCAA tournament (VIDEO) (3)
- Five-star power forward Elijah Thomas sets five official visits (3)