Nov 30, 2012, 8:00 AM EST
I would like to apologize in advance for today’s Morning Mix. I’m currently battling the plague, and it seems to be winning. On the plus side, I have now developed a crippling addicting to chamomile tea.
Let’s hit the links.
Thursday’s Top Games:
6:30 p.m. – Tennessee @ No. 20 Georgetown
7:00 p.m. – Georgia @ South Florida
8:00 p.m. – Oregon State vs. No. 10 Kansas
8:30 p.m. – No. 6 Syracuse @ Arkansas
10:00 p.m. – Montana @ San Francisco
10:00 p.m. -Drake @ Nevada
- In the wake of another rape allegation levied against him, Michael Dixon has decided to transfer from Missouri. The guard had been indefinitely suspended up until yesterday. (Eye on College Basketball)
- South Carolina guard Brenton Williams took a nasty spill last night against St. John’s and injured his neck, resulting in him being taken off the floor on a stretcher. (Augusta Chronicle)
- Murray State’s Latreze Mushatt is making a speedy recover from an ACL injury and could make his return in late December (OVC Ball)
- Colorado State’s Pierce Hornung is one of the most underrated rebounders in the country. But due to a recent concussion, the forward’s status for the Rams’ Saturday game against Evansville is still up in the air (Courier-Press)
Observations & Insight:
- This is just an awesome story. The Pittsburgh student section rallied behind guard Cameron Wright, who lost his father to brain cancer earlier in the week (The Dagger)
- Florida walloped Marquette last night 82-49 in large part to Patric Young’s dominant performance up front. The big-man needs to get more touches. The Gators are better when he does. (Alligator Army)
- Jason King provides his updated Wooden Watch list (ESPN)
- Mike DeCourcy was not surprised to see Notre Dame beat Kentucky as soundly as they did. Once again, I completely agree with Mr. DeCourcy. Spot on with all his points. (Sporting News)
- Now that Michael Dixon is officially done at Missouri, where do the Tigers go from here? (Rush The Court)
- A nice, quick read on how the Drexel Dragons can overcome adversity (CAA Hoops)
Video(s) of the Day:
Do you like the new Morning Mix? Hate it? Have a suggestion or wanted something featured? Troy Machir will take all your praise, insults and inquiries via Twitter (@TroyMachir)
Nov 22, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
Notre Dame guards Demetrius Jackson and Jerian Grant played well to help lead the Irish to victory.
Nov 22, 2014, 1:40 PM EST
The 2015 CBE Classic will have a local flavor.
Nov 22, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
Ball State will be without a key piece for the immediate future.
Nov 22, 2014, 11:30 AM EST
Florida will be without a key guard for at least a few games.
Nov 22, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
More depth is coming for the Aggies.
Nov 22, 2014, 9:30 AM EST
A solid Saturday slate features multiple ranked teams in action.
Nov 22, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
A tremendous story continues to get better as Lauren Hill surprised teammates and fans by checking into her second college basketball game and scoring again on Friday night.
Nov 22, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
Cornell shouldn’t have given D.J. Newbill a chance.
Nov 21, 2014, 11:55 PM EST
Here is everything you need to know from Friday night hoops.
Nov 21, 2014, 11:45 PM EST
Florida nearly coughed up another win on Friday.
Nov 21, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
Like the rest of the 2011 recruiting class, Jonathan Holmes could have left Texas. Instead he made the decision to stay, and he and the Longhorns are better because of it.
Nov 21, 2014, 9:17 PM EST
Justin Anderson led all scorers with 18.
Nov 21, 2014, 8:48 PM EST
Syracuse is in this position because Tyler Ennis turned out to be better than anyone expected.
Nov 21, 2014, 8:00 PM EST
Isaiah Taylor injured his left wrist on a hard fall with just over two minutes remaining in Texas’ win over Iowa Thursday night.
Nov 21, 2014, 7:52 PM EST
The Mountaineers and Huskies will meet on Sunday.
Nov 21, 2014, 6:49 PM EST
Kansas hosts Rider on Monday night.
Clemson gets technical foul for calling a timeout it doesn’t have, coughs up game to Gardner Webb (VIDEO)
Nov 21, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
This has been a disastrous week for the Tigers.
Nov 21, 2014, 4:45 PM EST
UConn will play the winner of Boston College-West Virginia.
Nov 21, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
Let’s just say that we aren’t too fond of the current shot clock or the rules regarding hanging on the rim.
Nov 21, 2014, 3:43 PM EST
Mississippi State’s taken steps forward when it comes to improving the depth and talent in their program.
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)