Nov 30, 2012, 8:00 AM EST
I would like to apologize in advance for today’s Morning Mix. I’m currently battling the plague, and it seems to be winning. On the plus side, I have now developed a crippling addicting to chamomile tea.
Let’s hit the links.
Thursday’s Top Games:
6:30 p.m. – Tennessee @ No. 20 Georgetown
7:00 p.m. – Georgia @ South Florida
8:00 p.m. – Oregon State vs. No. 10 Kansas
8:30 p.m. – No. 6 Syracuse @ Arkansas
10:00 p.m. – Montana @ San Francisco
10:00 p.m. -Drake @ Nevada
– In the wake of another rape allegation levied against him, Michael Dixon has decided to transfer from Missouri. The guard had been indefinitely suspended up until yesterday. (Eye on College Basketball)
– South Carolina guard Brenton Williams took a nasty spill last night against St. John’s and injured his neck, resulting in him being taken off the floor on a stretcher. (Augusta Chronicle)
– Murray State’s Latreze Mushatt is making a speedy recover from an ACL injury and could make his return in late December (OVC Ball)
– Colorado State’s Pierce Hornung is one of the most underrated rebounders in the country. But due to a recent concussion, the forward’s status for the Rams’ Saturday game against Evansville is still up in the air (Courier-Press)
Observations & Insight:
– This is just an awesome story. The Pittsburgh student section rallied behind guard Cameron Wright, who lost his father to brain cancer earlier in the week (The Dagger)
– Florida walloped Marquette last night 82-49 in large part to Patric Young’s dominant performance up front. The big-man needs to get more touches. The Gators are better when he does. (Alligator Army)
– Jason King provides his updated Wooden Watch list (ESPN)
– Mike DeCourcy was not surprised to see Notre Dame beat Kentucky as soundly as they did. Once again, I completely agree with Mr. DeCourcy. Spot on with all his points. (Sporting News)
– Now that Michael Dixon is officially done at Missouri, where do the Tigers go from here? (Rush The Court)
– A nice, quick read on how the Drexel Dragons can overcome adversity (CAA Hoops)
Video(s) of the Day:
Do you like the new Morning Mix? Hate it? Have a suggestion or wanted something featured? Troy Machir will take all your praise, insults and inquiries via Twitter (@TroyMachir)
Jan 28, 2015, 12:39 PM EST
Travis is a key piece for the Cardinal front court.
Jan 28, 2015, 11:17 AM EST
A thrilling top ten battle highlights the night.
Jan 28, 2015, 10:25 AM EST
You know what Michigan doesn’t need? More injuries.
Jan 28, 2015, 9:16 AM EST
We have heard Renardo Sidney say he is a changed man before. He explains why a two-year hiatus from basketball has changed him.
Late Night Snacks: Florida, Xavier, West Virginia earn good road wins; VCU rolls past George Washington
Jan 27, 2015, 11:35 PM EST
Xavier and West Virginia earned nice conference road wins while VCU rolled over George Washington.
Jan 27, 2015, 11:16 PM EST
Florida needed this win badly. Dorian Finney-Smith dunked them there.
Jan 27, 2015, 10:55 PM EST
Wyoming’s Riley Grabau banked in a buzzer-beater from long distance to end the first half against Utah State.
Jan 27, 2015, 10:15 PM EST
Virginia Tech’s Adam Smith is Tuesday night’s hero.
Jan 27, 2015, 7:15 PM EST
South Florida is still without its most productive player after after he went into the hospital with chest pains this weekend.
Jan 27, 2015, 6:00 PM EST
Colorado gets another guard in the 2016 class.
Akron to play second-annual ‘Purple Out’ in purple uniforms to help raise pancreatic cancer awareness
Jan 27, 2015, 5:00 PM EST
Akron is having its second-annual “Purple Out” against Ball State to help raise pancreatic cancer awareness.
Jan 27, 2015, 4:00 PM EST
You sometimes forget just how good some of the Duke guards were throughout the years. Here’s a reminder.
Jan 27, 2015, 3:33 PM EST
Hugh Greenwood made headlines last week for responding to an online troll.
Jan 27, 2015, 2:16 PM EST
Coach K is the best.
Jan 27, 2015, 1:40 PM EST
It should be an entertaining night for college hoops.
Jan 27, 2015, 12:00 PM EST
Can you guess who the most important player in program history was?
Jan 27, 2015, 10:59 AM EST
Justice started seven games this season.
Jan 27, 2015, 9:16 AM EST
DePaul may have to reschedule their trip to Providence.
Jan 26, 2015, 11:45 PM EST
North Carolina and Iowa State earned conference home wins on Monday night.
Jan 26, 2015, 11:22 PM EST
Iowa State bounced back from a loss against Texas Tech with a big home win over Texas.
- Heartbreak fuels Renardo Sidney’s new sense of purpose 1
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)