Nov 30, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
I would like to apologize in advance for today’s Morning Mix. I’m currently battling the plague, and it seems to be winning. On the plus side, I have now developed a crippling addicting to chamomile tea.
Let’s hit the links.
Thursday’s Top Games:
6:30 p.m. – Tennessee @ No. 20 Georgetown
7:00 p.m. – Georgia @ South Florida
8:00 p.m. – Oregon State vs. No. 10 Kansas
8:30 p.m. – No. 6 Syracuse @ Arkansas
10:00 p.m. – Montana @ San Francisco
10:00 p.m. -Drake @ Nevada
– In the wake of another rape allegation levied against him, Michael Dixon has decided to transfer from Missouri. The guard had been indefinitely suspended up until yesterday. (Eye on College Basketball)
– South Carolina guard Brenton Williams took a nasty spill last night against St. John’s and injured his neck, resulting in him being taken off the floor on a stretcher. (Augusta Chronicle)
– Murray State’s Latreze Mushatt is making a speedy recover from an ACL injury and could make his return in late December (OVC Ball)
– Colorado State’s Pierce Hornung is one of the most underrated rebounders in the country. But due to a recent concussion, the forward’s status for the Rams’ Saturday game against Evansville is still up in the air (Courier-Press)
Observations & Insight:
– This is just an awesome story. The Pittsburgh student section rallied behind guard Cameron Wright, who lost his father to brain cancer earlier in the week (The Dagger)
– Florida walloped Marquette last night 82-49 in large part to Patric Young’s dominant performance up front. The big-man needs to get more touches. The Gators are better when he does. (Alligator Army)
– Jason King provides his updated Wooden Watch list (ESPN)
– Mike DeCourcy was not surprised to see Notre Dame beat Kentucky as soundly as they did. Once again, I completely agree with Mr. DeCourcy. Spot on with all his points. (Sporting News)
– Now that Michael Dixon is officially done at Missouri, where do the Tigers go from here? (Rush The Court)
– A nice, quick read on how the Drexel Dragons can overcome adversity (CAA Hoops)
Video(s) of the Day:
Do you like the new Morning Mix? Hate it? Have a suggestion or wanted something featured? Troy Machir will take all your praise, insults and inquiries via Twitter (@TroyMachir)
May 24, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Two of the best in the 2016 class battle in the Under Armour Association.
May 24, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
Already thin at the point, the situation becomes even tougher for first-year head coach Chris Mullin if this turns out to be the case.
May 23, 2015, 9:51 PM EDT
A Big 12 and a Big Ten program are among those due who have reached out to the 7-foot-2 Fairfield Prep (Connecticut) product.
May 23, 2015, 7:32 PM EDT
Colorado’s Tad Boyle doesn’t like the proposed shot clock change, and he made a good point about the physical nature of college basketball today.
May 23, 2015, 5:28 PM EDT
Les led the Aggies to a school-record (Division I era) 25 wins and their first Big West regular season title last season.
May 23, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
Noah Dickerson had previously committed to Georgetown and Florida.
May 23, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
The former Wolverine could remain in the Big Ten.
May 23, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
The Wisconsin big man averaged 16.4 points and 7.3 rebounds per game in his last two seasons.
May 23, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
The sophomore guard missed the final 12 games of the season.
May 23, 2015, 9:18 AM EDT
He is the younger brother of former UCLA Bruin Shabazz Muhammad.
May 22, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
Nevada landed an impact transfer that could help at guard after next season.
May 22, 2015, 9:15 PM EDT
Arizona will have some intriguing home-and-home games to go along with an in-season tournament.
May 22, 2015, 8:00 PM EDT
Cliff Alexander might have returned for his sophomore season if the NCAA had not been involved.
May 22, 2015, 7:00 PM EDT
Kentucky promoted a familiar face for the open assistant spot.
May 22, 2015, 5:45 PM EDT
Nebraska loses a commitment who could be headed elsewhere soon.
May 22, 2015, 4:27 PM EDT
Fox has led the Bulldogs to two NCAA tournament appearances in his six years as head coach, including last season’s 21-win team.
May 22, 2015, 2:40 PM EDT
The Rutgers perimeter rotation may be crowded, but there’s plenty of room for contributions as the team won just ten games last season.
May 22, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
UNC now has 90 days to craft a response to the NCAA’s allegations.
May 22, 2015, 12:05 PM EDT
This isn’t the only addition UConn hopes to make to the 2016 class in the very near future.
May 22, 2015, 11:00 AM EDT
The Wildcats will also take on Arizona State, UCLA and Ohio State in non-conference play.
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 1
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (4)