Nov 30, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
I would like to apologize in advance for today’s Morning Mix. I’m currently battling the plague, and it seems to be winning. On the plus side, I have now developed a crippling addicting to chamomile tea.
Let’s hit the links.
Thursday’s Top Games:
6:30 p.m. – Tennessee @ No. 20 Georgetown
7:00 p.m. – Georgia @ South Florida
8:00 p.m. – Oregon State vs. No. 10 Kansas
8:30 p.m. – No. 6 Syracuse @ Arkansas
10:00 p.m. – Montana @ San Francisco
10:00 p.m. -Drake @ Nevada
– In the wake of another rape allegation levied against him, Michael Dixon has decided to transfer from Missouri. The guard had been indefinitely suspended up until yesterday. (Eye on College Basketball)
– South Carolina guard Brenton Williams took a nasty spill last night against St. John’s and injured his neck, resulting in him being taken off the floor on a stretcher. (Augusta Chronicle)
– Murray State’s Latreze Mushatt is making a speedy recover from an ACL injury and could make his return in late December (OVC Ball)
– Colorado State’s Pierce Hornung is one of the most underrated rebounders in the country. But due to a recent concussion, the forward’s status for the Rams’ Saturday game against Evansville is still up in the air (Courier-Press)
Observations & Insight:
– This is just an awesome story. The Pittsburgh student section rallied behind guard Cameron Wright, who lost his father to brain cancer earlier in the week (The Dagger)
– Florida walloped Marquette last night 82-49 in large part to Patric Young’s dominant performance up front. The big-man needs to get more touches. The Gators are better when he does. (Alligator Army)
– Jason King provides his updated Wooden Watch list (ESPN)
– Mike DeCourcy was not surprised to see Notre Dame beat Kentucky as soundly as they did. Once again, I completely agree with Mr. DeCourcy. Spot on with all his points. (Sporting News)
– Now that Michael Dixon is officially done at Missouri, where do the Tigers go from here? (Rush The Court)
– A nice, quick read on how the Drexel Dragons can overcome adversity (CAA Hoops)
Video(s) of the Day:
Do you like the new Morning Mix? Hate it? Have a suggestion or wanted something featured? Troy Machir will take all your praise, insults and inquiries via Twitter (@TroyMachir)
Jul 29, 2015, 11:40 PM EDT
According to the report SMU met with the NCAA Committee on Infractions last month.
Jul 29, 2015, 10:35 PM EDT
Harding won’t join the program until 2018 however, as he’ll be taking his two-year LDS mission beforehand.
Jul 29, 2015, 8:50 PM EDT
Director of player personnel Travis Diener is pegged as the best player in the games, with he and assistant Chris Carrawell trading some good-natured shots at each other.
Jul 29, 2015, 8:17 PM EDT
Only Aqeel Quinn, who’s out of eligibility, made more three-pointers for the Aztecs last season than Shrigley.
Jul 29, 2015, 6:42 PM EDT
All three programs made Davis a focal point in Las Vegas last weekend.
Jul 29, 2015, 5:15 PM EDT
Notes on Vance Jackson, Brendan Bailey and Javonte Smart included.
Jul 29, 2015, 3:17 PM EDT
I’m OK with this becoming a thing all August.
Jul 29, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT
Tyson Waterman is the latest victim in the fallout from the Southern Miss scandal.
Jul 29, 2015, 1:30 PM EDT
That’s now two of Kentucky’s elite freshmen with concerns looming.
Jul 29, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
Bruce Pearl was fired by Tennessee for lying about a barbecue.
Jul 29, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
See which schools are still in play for one of the top rising juniors
Jul 29, 2015, 9:24 AM EDT
Suhr was on staff with the ‘Bad Boys’.
Jul 28, 2015, 10:04 PM EDT
Elijah Bryant will have three years of eligibility remaining.
Jul 28, 2015, 8:43 PM EDT
The Arkansas forward was charged with one count of forgery last week.
Jul 28, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
The three-star forward failed to qualify earlier this month.
Jul 28, 2015, 6:21 PM EDT
Bobby Hurley off to a good start in his new gig in Tempe.
Jul 28, 2015, 6:00 PM EDT
Tai Wynyard of New Zealand is the only commit currently in Kentucky’s Class of 2016.
Jul 28, 2015, 5:15 PM EDT
John Beilein gets his third commitment for 2016.
Jul 28, 2015, 4:00 PM EDT
If you can do things like this, you can play for Duke or Kentucky.
Jul 28, 2015, 3:58 PM EDT
The accusations against him include burner phones, hiding IP addresses and his mother’s cell.
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 0
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)