Dec 1, 2012, 12:46 AM EST
The nation’s top high school recruit is ready to visit a school, not located in the Bluegrass State.
Andrew Wiggins (Huntington Prep/Thornhill, ONT, Canada) told ZagsBlog.com that he plans on visiting Florida State in “early December.”
The 6-foot-7 Wiggins, who reclassified to the Class of 2013 in late October, is favored to either end up with Kentucky or Florida State. Both of Wiggins parents, former NBA guard, Mitchell Wiggins and Marita Payne-Wiggins both attended Florida State. The Seminoles also added Wiggins’ close friend, Xavier Rathan-Mayes earlier in the fall.
“I like to see everything that happened there with my parents. It would be a joy to go there, I mean great weather. Great people, great education. Great coaching staff. they make players better. They don’t always get the best players in the nation, or top five or top ten, but they develop four-year players to get ready for the NBA.”
Despite rumors that the Andrew Wiggins sweepstakes is only between Kentucky and Florida State, Wiggins told reporters following a win over Memphis East Friday night as part of the Marshall Country Hoopfest, that he has other options for the next level.
The Canadian native said he is interested by both North Carolina and Kansas. He said he will take a visit to North Carolina in the spring.
While at the Country Hoopfest, held in Benton, Ky., Wiggins heard several Kentucky chants from the fans, according to the ZagsBlog.com report.
According to the report, Wiggins stated the he is exciting to end the recruiting process, a decision he will likely make in the spring.
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games 0
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? 4
- North Carolina shows up ready to compete, knocks off No. 1 Michigan State 2
- Duke doesn’t need Rasheed Sulaimon if they have three guys that fit into a role 2
- The Chase for 180: Doug McDermott’s tough night 0
- Marshall Henderson’s on-court antics aren’t changing. Deal with it (5)
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (4)
- Tim Floyd tees off on Andy Enfield: ‘We’re not going to take it in the shorts’ (3)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- No. 20 Creighton gets 27 from Doug McDermott, stifles Jahii Carson in blowout (2)