Dec 1, 2012, 12:46 AM EST
The nation’s top high school recruit is ready to visit a school, not located in the Bluegrass State.
Andrew Wiggins (Huntington Prep/Thornhill, ONT, Canada) told ZagsBlog.com that he plans on visiting Florida State in “early December.”
The 6-foot-7 Wiggins, who reclassified to the Class of 2013 in late October, is favored to either end up with Kentucky or Florida State. Both of Wiggins parents, former NBA guard, Mitchell Wiggins and Marita Payne-Wiggins both attended Florida State. The Seminoles also added Wiggins’ close friend, Xavier Rathan-Mayes earlier in the fall.
“I like to see everything that happened there with my parents. It would be a joy to go there, I mean great weather. Great people, great education. Great coaching staff. they make players better. They don’t always get the best players in the nation, or top five or top ten, but they develop four-year players to get ready for the NBA.”
Despite rumors that the Andrew Wiggins sweepstakes is only between Kentucky and Florida State, Wiggins told reporters following a win over Memphis East Friday night as part of the Marshall Country Hoopfest, that he has other options for the next level.
The Canadian native said he is interested by both North Carolina and Kansas. He said he will take a visit to North Carolina in the spring.
While at the Country Hoopfest, held in Benton, Ky., Wiggins heard several Kentucky chants from the fans, according to the ZagsBlog.com report.
According to the report, Wiggins stated the he is exciting to end the recruiting process, a decision he will likely make in the spring.
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)