Dec 3, 2012, 10:09 PM EDT
In an otherwise ho-hum game for Syracuse, Michael Carter-Williams showed why he might be the breakout player of the 2012-13 season.
The sophomore went for a double-double of 11 points and 11 assists and pulled down seven rebounds in an 84-48 victory over Eastern Michigan on Monday night. He’s been on a bit of a tear lately, going for 17-10-and-9 in a win over Arkansas.
MCW got his points on just 3-of-9 shooting and committed six turnovers, but is emerging as a point guard that Syracuse didn’t look like it had in the preseason.
All five starters played at least 21 minutes, with James Southerland getting 24 minutes off the bench.
Derek Thompson had a team-high 18 points for the Eagles and Glenn Bryant had a double-double of his own with 16 and 10 rebounds in the loss as well, though they combined to shoot 13-for-36.
Dejuan Coleman had a team-high 14 points for the Orange, who are now 6-0, including a 4-0 mark at home in the Carrier Dome.
Pretty solid effort all-around for the Orange, with five players finished in double-figures, including 11 each from Trevor Cooney (in 18 minutes) and Jerami Grant (in 15 minutes). That kind of depth will be necessary when Big East Conference play rolls around. Especially if that depth can provide serious points.
Jun 29, 2015, 10:05 PM EDT
Maverick Rowan is reportedly focused on three schools.
Jun 29, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
UCF is losing its third-leading scorer from last season to transfer.
Jun 29, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
Xavier landed a three-star forward on Monday.
Jun 29, 2015, 6:00 PM EDT
Former Iowa State head coach Fred Hoiberg returned to Hilton Coliseum to give one final pre-game speech before a fantasy camp.
Jun 29, 2015, 4:52 PM EDT
It should not be a surprise who the best player from this class ended up being.
Jun 29, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT
Tony Hawk approves this court.
Jun 29, 2015, 1:40 PM EDT
Ryan has never finished below fourth in the Big Ten.
Jun 29, 2015, 12:45 PM EDT
Mullin has completely turned over the St. John’s roster.
Jun 29, 2015, 11:27 AM EDT
Knight’s most famous outburst may be lost to history.
Jun 29, 2015, 10:26 AM EDT
There are 22 total players participating in the trials.
Jun 29, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Steve Alford now has a pair of 2017 commitments.
Jun 28, 2015, 10:01 PM EDT
This is a very well thought-out statement from Martin.
Jun 28, 2015, 6:29 PM EDT
Johnny Jones has done an excellent job of recruiting his state in recent years.
Jun 28, 2015, 4:00 PM EDT
South Florida brought in an experienced guard who can contribute after sitting out a transfer season.
Jun 28, 2015, 2:45 PM EDT
Maryland transfer Robert Carter has worked on his conditioning since arriving from Georgia Tech.
Jun 28, 2015, 1:19 PM EDT
The USA U19 team is off to a 2-0 start at the FIBA World Championships.
Jun 28, 2015, 11:45 AM EDT
A top-100 player in the Class of 2016 is down to 10 schools.
Jun 28, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Syracuse picked up a transfer big man that should help in the future.
Jun 28, 2015, 9:15 AM EDT
Trae Young has been one of the best players of spring.
Jun 27, 2015, 9:05 PM EDT
The violations weren’t deemed severe, but the sheer number of them led to the NCAA adding a second year of probation.
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 0
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 3
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- Karl-Anthony Towns becomes Kentucky’s third top overall pick in program history 1
- Syracuse makes it official that Mike Hopkins will take over in 2018 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- Five-star guard to announce college choice Wednesday evening (5)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Jamal Murray’s commitment a huge boost for Kentucky (4)