Dec 3, 2012, 10:09 PM EDT
In an otherwise ho-hum game for Syracuse, Michael Carter-Williams showed why he might be the breakout player of the 2012-13 season.
The sophomore went for a double-double of 11 points and 11 assists and pulled down seven rebounds in an 84-48 victory over Eastern Michigan on Monday night. He’s been on a bit of a tear lately, going for 17-10-and-9 in a win over Arkansas.
MCW got his points on just 3-of-9 shooting and committed six turnovers, but is emerging as a point guard that Syracuse didn’t look like it had in the preseason.
All five starters played at least 21 minutes, with James Southerland getting 24 minutes off the bench.
Derek Thompson had a team-high 18 points for the Eagles and Glenn Bryant had a double-double of his own with 16 and 10 rebounds in the loss as well, though they combined to shoot 13-for-36.
Dejuan Coleman had a team-high 14 points for the Orange, who are now 6-0, including a 4-0 mark at home in the Carrier Dome.
Pretty solid effort all-around for the Orange, with five players finished in double-figures, including 11 each from Trevor Cooney (in 18 minutes) and Jerami Grant (in 15 minutes). That kind of depth will be necessary when Big East Conference play rolls around. Especially if that depth can provide serious points.
Oct 30, 2014, 11:53 PM EDT
Quick action by construction workers ensured that it was declared ready for play two days after being flooded.
Oct 30, 2014, 10:41 PM EDT
Some officials are in hot water after compromising a system used by 20 different Division I conferences.
Oct 30, 2014, 8:58 PM EDT
Saint Louis adds more depth to its front court with this verbal commitment.
Oct 30, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
I can do that.
Oct 30, 2014, 7:26 PM EDT
John Egbunu was an American Athletic Conference All-Freshman Team selection at USF last season.
Oct 30, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
The Preseason Atlantic 10 Player of the Year is looking to lead VCU deep into March.
Oct 30, 2014, 5:55 PM EDT
Chris Clarke is a perfect fit for Donnie Tyndall.
Oct 30, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
The Golden Griffins have to account for the loss of four starters from last season’s 21-win team.
Oct 30, 2014, 3:56 PM EDT
Feel free to take this as my challenge to you all.
Oct 30, 2014, 2:32 PM EDT
North Carolina should be a national title contender, but they do have some question marks.
Oct 30, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
Dayton head coach Archie Miller spurned high-major programs to remain at Atlantic 10. He’s not the only one in the league happy with where they are.
Oct 30, 2014, 12:56 PM EDT
Pollard is looking to reignite his career at Houston this season.
Oct 30, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
The Atlantic 10 is out to gain respect again this season from the rest of the college basketball world, a year after the league saw a record six teams selected for the NCAA tournament with one team reaching the Elite 8.
Oct 30, 2014, 10:13 AM EDT
Kemba being Kemba.
Oct 30, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
The list of big men dominating college basketball this season is solid.
Oct 29, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
Bobby Cremins says that his relationships with other coaches has led to his having to recuse himself from other cases in the past.
Oct 29, 2014, 9:48 PM EDT
Zach Lofton was expected to develop into a more efficient player during his year sitting out per NCAA transfer rules.
Oct 29, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
Monson is four wins away from becoming Long Beach State’s winningest coach.
Oct 29, 2014, 6:51 PM EDT
Buffalo, Canisius, Niagara and St. Bonaventure will wear Buffalo Braves-inspired uniforms for their doubleheader November 29.
Oct 29, 2014, 5:10 PM EDT
North Carolina’s Marcus Paige was the media pick to win ACC Player of the Year.
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)