Dec 3, 2012, 10:45 PM EDT
In the only game between major conference teams on the night, Nebraska (affectionately known by Husker fans as #Nebrasketball on Twitter) moved to 6-1 with a 63-51 home win over USC.
Ray Gallegos dropped in 20 points on 7-of-14 shooting, including 6-of-10 threes, in 38 minutes and the Cornhuskers hit 11-of-17 threes overall (64.7-percent) in the win. The Trojans dropped to 3-4 on the season, their third loss in a row after starting to season 3-1.
It was a game that was definitely highlight by Gallegos, who was the only real star. Center Andre Almeida got into foul trouble and finished with eight points and two rebounds with four fouls.
Three Trojans finished in double-figure scoring with J.T. Terrell’s 14 leading the way.
This is a rough start for USC coach Kevin O’Neill. He’s coming off a dreadful season in 2011-12 due to injuries and is counting on an insane amount of transfer to parlay this season into a postseason bid. So far, it’s not looking like it’s going to amount to that, but the season is young and Pac-12 Conference play looms.
The first seven games weren’t incredibly revealing of Nebraska’s true talent level this season. Wins over USC, Tulane, Wake Forest and Valparaiso aren’t going to get a team an at-large bid in March. Through there decent start, they’re 224th in the nation or worst in points, rebounds and assists per game. So while they’re winning, they’re not winning impressively. Though they’ll take wins in Lincoln, no matter how impressive. Tim Miles has done his job so far for Nebraska. In-game tweeting and all.
What will help the cause though? The Huskers next and toughest non-conference game, at home against in-state basketball rival no. 16 Creighton.
Win that people will start to become believers in #Nebrasketball.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)