Dec 3, 2012, 8:20 PM EDT
News out of Amherst, Mass. today that UMass forward/center Cady Lalanne was suspended following an arrest on Monday for disorderly conduct, assault and battery on a police officer and resisting a ploice officer making a lawful arrest.
The Daily Hampshire Gazette reports that Lalanne was arrested following an on-campus event. Minutemen coach Derek Kellogg said Lalanne is suspended indefinitely. As a result, he will not play in tonight’s game against Northeastern.
“Cady Lalanne is going to be suspended to a violation of athletic department policy for his conduct at an on-campus function Saturday night,” Kellogg said. “Right now it’s indefinitely. He will not be making the trip to Boston tonight and playing right now. … We’ll continue to monitor the situation and make a decision over the next few days or so.”
Lalanne, a sophomore, is averaging 4.8 points and 5.2 rebounds for UMass this season. He was also suspended for the teams’ first exhibition for a violation of team rules.
It’s a big blow in terms of depth for UMass, who lose a post presence. Furthermore, what does this mean for Lalanne in terms of his status with the team? This is his second brush with trouble this season. He might want to worry about whether or not he even is a member of the team going forward.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)