Dec 3, 2012, 8:20 PM EDT
News out of Amherst, Mass. today that UMass forward/center Cady Lalanne was suspended following an arrest on Monday for disorderly conduct, assault and battery on a police officer and resisting a ploice officer making a lawful arrest.
The Daily Hampshire Gazette reports that Lalanne was arrested following an on-campus event. Minutemen coach Derek Kellogg said Lalanne is suspended indefinitely. As a result, he will not play in tonight’s game against Northeastern.
“Cady Lalanne is going to be suspended to a violation of athletic department policy for his conduct at an on-campus function Saturday night,” Kellogg said. “Right now it’s indefinitely. He will not be making the trip to Boston tonight and playing right now. … We’ll continue to monitor the situation and make a decision over the next few days or so.”
Lalanne, a sophomore, is averaging 4.8 points and 5.2 rebounds for UMass this season. He was also suspended for the teams’ first exhibition for a violation of team rules.
It’s a big blow in terms of depth for UMass, who lose a post presence. Furthermore, what does this mean for Lalanne in terms of his status with the team? This is his second brush with trouble this season. He might want to worry about whether or not he even is a member of the team going forward.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 43
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (43)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)