Dec 3, 2012, 8:20 PM EDT
News out of Amherst, Mass. today that UMass forward/center Cady Lalanne was suspended following an arrest on Monday for disorderly conduct, assault and battery on a police officer and resisting a ploice officer making a lawful arrest.
The Daily Hampshire Gazette reports that Lalanne was arrested following an on-campus event. Minutemen coach Derek Kellogg said Lalanne is suspended indefinitely. As a result, he will not play in tonight’s game against Northeastern.
“Cady Lalanne is going to be suspended to a violation of athletic department policy for his conduct at an on-campus function Saturday night,” Kellogg said. “Right now it’s indefinitely. He will not be making the trip to Boston tonight and playing right now. … We’ll continue to monitor the situation and make a decision over the next few days or so.”
Lalanne, a sophomore, is averaging 4.8 points and 5.2 rebounds for UMass this season. He was also suspended for the teams’ first exhibition for a violation of team rules.
It’s a big blow in terms of depth for UMass, who lose a post presence. Furthermore, what does this mean for Lalanne in terms of his status with the team? This is his second brush with trouble this season. He might want to worry about whether or not he even is a member of the team going forward.
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Frank Haith lands first commitment as head coach at Tulsa (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)