Dec 3, 2012, 8:20 PM EST
News out of Amherst, Mass. today that UMass forward/center Cady Lalanne was suspended following an arrest on Monday for disorderly conduct, assault and battery on a police officer and resisting a ploice officer making a lawful arrest.
The Daily Hampshire Gazette reports that Lalanne was arrested following an on-campus event. Minutemen coach Derek Kellogg said Lalanne is suspended indefinitely. As a result, he will not play in tonight’s game against Northeastern.
“Cady Lalanne is going to be suspended to a violation of athletic department policy for his conduct at an on-campus function Saturday night,” Kellogg said. “Right now it’s indefinitely. He will not be making the trip to Boston tonight and playing right now. … We’ll continue to monitor the situation and make a decision over the next few days or so.”
Lalanne, a sophomore, is averaging 4.8 points and 5.2 rebounds for UMass this season. He was also suspended for the teams’ first exhibition for a violation of team rules.
It’s a big blow in terms of depth for UMass, who lose a post presence. Furthermore, what does this mean for Lalanne in terms of his status with the team? This is his second brush with trouble this season. He might want to worry about whether or not he even is a member of the team going forward.
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 0
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 1
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (24)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)