Dec 3, 2012, 8:20 PM EDT
News out of Amherst, Mass. today that UMass forward/center Cady Lalanne was suspended following an arrest on Monday for disorderly conduct, assault and battery on a police officer and resisting a ploice officer making a lawful arrest.
The Daily Hampshire Gazette reports that Lalanne was arrested following an on-campus event. Minutemen coach Derek Kellogg said Lalanne is suspended indefinitely. As a result, he will not play in tonight’s game against Northeastern.
“Cady Lalanne is going to be suspended to a violation of athletic department policy for his conduct at an on-campus function Saturday night,” Kellogg said. “Right now it’s indefinitely. He will not be making the trip to Boston tonight and playing right now. … We’ll continue to monitor the situation and make a decision over the next few days or so.”
Lalanne, a sophomore, is averaging 4.8 points and 5.2 rebounds for UMass this season. He was also suspended for the teams’ first exhibition for a violation of team rules.
It’s a big blow in terms of depth for UMass, who lose a post presence. Furthermore, what does this mean for Lalanne in terms of his status with the team? This is his second brush with trouble this season. He might want to worry about whether or not he even is a member of the team going forward.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)