Dec 4, 2012, 3:34 PM EST
When Connecticut tips off against No. 25 NC State in New York City Tuesday night, guard R.J. Evans will be dressed and ready to play, the school has announced via Twitter.
Evans, a 6-3 native of Salem, Conn., has not played since UConn’s loss to New Mexico on Nov. 19. He had been suffering from a sternoclavicular (collarbone) sprain, which can take significant time to heal. Prior to his injury, he had been averaging 5.8 points and 1.8 rebounds per game.
His best game of the season came on Nov. 11 when he scored 11 points on 5-of-5 shooting from the field in a win over Vermont.
Evans played the first four years of his college career at Holy Cross, but was granted a fifth year of eligibility by the NCAA and transferred to Connecticut this spring. Evans’ return adds more depth to the Connecticut backcourt, which is led by Shabazz Napier and Ryan Boatright.
The Huskies tip off against NC State Tuesday night at 9:30 p.m.
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 1
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 13
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (13)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (4)