Dec 4, 2012, 3:34 PM EST
When Connecticut tips off against No. 25 NC State in New York City Tuesday night, guard R.J. Evans will be dressed and ready to play, the school has announced via Twitter.
Evans, a 6-3 native of Salem, Conn., has not played since UConn’s loss to New Mexico on Nov. 19. He had been suffering from a sternoclavicular (collarbone) sprain, which can take significant time to heal. Prior to his injury, he had been averaging 5.8 points and 1.8 rebounds per game.
His best game of the season came on Nov. 11 when he scored 11 points on 5-of-5 shooting from the field in a win over Vermont.
Evans played the first four years of his college career at Holy Cross, but was granted a fifth year of eligibility by the NCAA and transferred to Connecticut this spring. Evans’ return adds more depth to the Connecticut backcourt, which is led by Shabazz Napier and Ryan Boatright.
The Huskies tip off against NC State Tuesday night at 9:30 p.m.
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 0
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 1
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 0
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 0
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)