Dec 4, 2012, 5:02 PM EST
You may not have noticed, as it has been a while since both the Buffaloes and the Rams were nationally — even regionally — relevant at the same time, but the rivalry between Colorado and Colorado State is a feisty one.
Colorado leads the all-time series 83-37, but CSU has won two of the last three and four of the last seven games, including last season.
And while losing to a rival will irk anyone, what really got under the Buffaloes skin was that Ram fans rushed the court after a 65-64 win last year.
Enter Spencer Dinwiddie, Colorado’s leading scorer this season:
“It was a one-point game last year and they rushed the court,” CU guard Spencer Dinwiddie said. “They showed how much it meant to them to beat us.”
Asked about the irritation level CU had with Rams fans rushing the court, Dinwiddie deadpanned, “A little bit” before going further.
“You just kind of see when the little brother beats the big brother once, then they are going to be happy, they are going to rush the court,” Dinwiddie said. “When we win tomorrow night, I don’t think our fans are going to do that.”
It sounds like there is some bad blood between these two teams, and with both teams playing like they belong in the top 25 and competing for their respective league titles, Wednesday’s game, which tips at 10:30 ET in Boulder, will be must-see TV.
I’ll be scouring the internet to see which Ram player responds with a joke about Dinwiddie’s mustache.
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? 0
- North Carolina shows up ready to compete, knocks off No. 1 Michigan State 0
- Duke doesn’t need Rasheed Sulaimon if they have three guys that fit into a role 1
- The Chase for 180: Doug McDermott’s tough night 0
- Michigan’s offensive struggles in 79-69 loss to Duke a major concern 1
- Marshall Henderson’s on-court antics aren’t changing. Deal with it (5)
- No. 5 Oklahoma State’s win over Purdue exemplifies issues with new foul rules (3)
- Tim Floyd tees off on Andy Enfield: ‘We’re not going to take it in the shorts’ (3)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- No. 20 Creighton gets 27 from Doug McDermott, stifles Jahii Carson in blowout (2)