Dec 4, 2012, 7:38 PM EDT
Danny Berger, Utah State junior forward, collapsed at practice and stopped breathing this afternoon, according to reports. He was revived.
Preliminary reports suggest Berger stopped breathing, but was revived.
ABC 4 News has learned that Berger was to be flown to the Intermountain Medical Center in Murray.
We’ll update this post as more news comes out.
#USU spokesman Tim Vitale says Danny Berger is on his way to a Salt Lake City hospital. No updates on his status yet.—
Kyle Goon (@kylegoon) December 05, 2012
UPDATE 2: The Salt Lake Tribune is reporting that a defibrillator was used on Berger before he was taken to the hospital:
A source close to the program said that the incident happened during practice. Berger was standing by himself when he collapsed and lost consciousness.
UPDATE 3: Utah State sent out the following release: “Berger was tended to on the court by the USU Athletic Training staff, CPR was performed and the AED was used on him until ambulance personnel arrived. Berger is currently in stable, but critical condition. Tests and evaluations are ongoing, and further information will be released when available.”
They also said that “it is not known at the current time about the status of Wednesday’s scheduled game at BYU”.
UPDATE 4: Wednesday’s game has been officially postponed:
The Tribune has confirmed that Wednesday's BYU-Utah State men's basketball game has been postponed.—
Jay Drew (@drewjay) December 05, 2012
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 3
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 3
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft (3)