Dec 4, 2012, 7:38 PM EST
Danny Berger, Utah State junior forward, collapsed at practice and stopped breathing this afternoon, according to reports. He was revived.
Preliminary reports suggest Berger stopped breathing, but was revived.
ABC 4 News has learned that Berger was to be flown to the Intermountain Medical Center in Murray.
We’ll update this post as more news comes out.
#USU spokesman Tim Vitale says Danny Berger is on his way to a Salt Lake City hospital. No updates on his status yet.—
Kyle Goon (@kylegoon) December 05, 2012
UPDATE 2: The Salt Lake Tribune is reporting that a defibrillator was used on Berger before he was taken to the hospital:
A source close to the program said that the incident happened during practice. Berger was standing by himself when he collapsed and lost consciousness.
UPDATE 3: Utah State sent out the following release: “Berger was tended to on the court by the USU Athletic Training staff, CPR was performed and the AED was used on him until ambulance personnel arrived. Berger is currently in stable, but critical condition. Tests and evaluations are ongoing, and further information will be released when available.”
They also said that “it is not known at the current time about the status of Wednesday’s scheduled game at BYU”.
UPDATE 4: Wednesday’s game has been officially postponed:
The Tribune has confirmed that Wednesday's BYU-Utah State men's basketball game has been postponed.—
Jay Drew (@drewjay) December 05, 2012
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league 1
- Bubble Banter: Who will close out the regular season with a bid-earning win? 0
- Harvard wraps up third consecutive NCAA tournament berth (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend Preview: The regular season comes to a close 1
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 5
- Senior starters once again carry No. 15 Cincinnati 0
- Doug McDermott’s career still missing most important part: His One Shining Moment 0
- Undefeated regular season says all we need to know about No. 2 Wichita State (9)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Finally at full strength, Michigan State sleepwalks through loss to Illinois (6)
- Kentucky hits rock bottom, loses at South Carolina (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)