Dec 5, 2012, 8:01 PM EDT
On Monday night, Utah announced that they would be honoring the late Rick Majerus by hanging one of his memorable sweaters in the rafters of their home arena, where Majerus spent 14 seasons stalking the sidelines.
And it seems like the perfect way to honor a guy like Majerus.
Majerus, a Wisconsin native, spent 12 years on staff at Marquette and was an assistant in 1977 when they won the national title. The Golden Eagles will also be honoring their former coach. They’ll be wearing the patch you see in the picture on their jerseys for the rest of the season.
(Photo Credit: Marquette Athletics twitter account)
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 10
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Ranking the Sweet 16 matchups 8
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close 36
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field 15
- Ben Howland to become the next Mississippi State head coach 6
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- You Make The Call: Did No. 11 UCLA beat No. 6 SMU on a goaltend or a blown call? (VIDEO) (32)
- Updated tournament records: Five ACC, three Pac-12 teams headed to Sweet 16 (22)
- Reports: Indiana coach Tom Crean said ‘you suck’ to referee after loss to Wichita State (19)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (19)