Dec 5, 2012, 8:01 PM EST
On Monday night, Utah announced that they would be honoring the late Rick Majerus by hanging one of his memorable sweaters in the rafters of their home arena, where Majerus spent 14 seasons stalking the sidelines.
And it seems like the perfect way to honor a guy like Majerus.
Majerus, a Wisconsin native, spent 12 years on staff at Marquette and was an assistant in 1977 when they won the national title. The Golden Eagles will also be honoring their former coach. They’ll be wearing the patch you see in the picture on their jerseys for the rest of the season.
(Photo Credit: Marquette Athletics twitter account)
- Temple embarrasses No. 10 Kansas by 25 points 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Illinois Fighting Illini 0
- NBCSports.com Midseason All-American Team 0
- Kentucky still has one more major test to pass this season and it might not come against Louisville 2
- Tracking The Unbeatens: The showdown between Kentucky, Louisville looms 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Ohio State Buckeyes 0
- Weekly Awards: Marquette’s new addition, a shakeup in Pac-12’s power structure ? 0
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (3)