Dec 5, 2012, 8:01 PM EDT
On Monday night, Utah announced that they would be honoring the late Rick Majerus by hanging one of his memorable sweaters in the rafters of their home arena, where Majerus spent 14 seasons stalking the sidelines.
And it seems like the perfect way to honor a guy like Majerus.
Majerus, a Wisconsin native, spent 12 years on staff at Marquette and was an assistant in 1977 when they won the national title. The Golden Eagles will also be honoring their former coach. They’ll be wearing the patch you see in the picture on their jerseys for the rest of the season.
(Photo Credit: Marquette Athletics twitter account)
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 7
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (7)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)