Dec 5, 2012, 8:01 PM EDT
On Monday night, Utah announced that they would be honoring the late Rick Majerus by hanging one of his memorable sweaters in the rafters of their home arena, where Majerus spent 14 seasons stalking the sidelines.
And it seems like the perfect way to honor a guy like Majerus.
Majerus, a Wisconsin native, spent 12 years on staff at Marquette and was an assistant in 1977 when they won the national title. The Golden Eagles will also be honoring their former coach. They’ll be wearing the patch you see in the picture on their jerseys for the rest of the season.
(Photo Credit: Marquette Athletics twitter account)
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)
- Wake Forest dismissed senior point guard for rules violation (1)
- Is Louisville’s non-conference schedule weak by design? (1)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)