Dec 5, 2012, 8:01 PM EST
On Monday night, Utah announced that they would be honoring the late Rick Majerus by hanging one of his memorable sweaters in the rafters of their home arena, where Majerus spent 14 seasons stalking the sidelines.
And it seems like the perfect way to honor a guy like Majerus.
Majerus, a Wisconsin native, spent 12 years on staff at Marquette and was an assistant in 1977 when they won the national title. The Golden Eagles will also be honoring their former coach. They’ll be wearing the patch you see in the picture on their jerseys for the rest of the season.
(Photo Credit: Marquette Athletics twitter account)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 5
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 12
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)